Table of Contents
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate (NEET-PG) exam for admission to around 26,168 Doctor of Medicine (MD), 13,649 Master of Surgery (MS) and 922 PG Diploma in 6,102 government, private, deemed/central universities. NEET PG Exam date 2024 is postponed. As per the latest update, the NBE will conduct NEET PG 2024 exam on July 7, 2024.
NEET PG 2024 Highlights
|Full Exam Name
|National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate
|Short Exam Name
|National Board of Examinations (NBE)
|Frequency of Conduct
|Once a year
|National Level Exam
|Mode of Application
|Application Fee (General)
|3500 Rs [Online]
|Mode of Exam
|Mode of Counselling
|Online / Offline
|3 Hours 30 Minutes
NEET PG Notification 2024
The official beginning of the examination process will be indicated by the NEET PG notice. Medical students have to wait for the NEET PG exam notice in order to find out the test’s whole schedule. Important dates for the application form, the correction window, and the NEET PG 2024 admit card will all be included in the notice for NEET PG.
The NEET PG 2024 announcement is anticipated in February 2024, according to the most recent data. The revised test date is July 7, 2024, as per the NEET PG exam date notice that was released. For updates on the dates and NEET PG 2024 news, keep checking the National Board of Examinations’ (NBE) official website.
NEET PG Exam Date 2024
NEET PG 2024 will be administered to offer admission approx. 24,000 MD seats, 12,600 MS seats, and 900 PG Diploma seats. All medical institutes require NEET PG scores for admission purposes. Therefore, candidates must know all the important events and their respective dates so they can take the necessary steps on time.
The tentative NEET PG 2024 exam date is mentioned in the given table:
|NEET PG Exam Date 2024
|NEET PG Notification
|Last Date for Registration
|Reopen of Form to Apply Online
|NEET PG 2024 Admit Card
|NEET PG 2024 Exam Date
|7th July 2024
|Result date of NEET PG 2024
|Online registration starts for NEET PG Counselling
NEET PG 2024 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
NEET 2024 application form can be filled in the steps mentioned below.
- Visit nbe.edu.in and click on the NEET PG 2024 tab
- Click on the ‘new registration’ tab and enter the asked details.
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill out the application form – Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport-size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make a payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a printout of the filled application form with the transaction ID printed on it.
Important: Test City will be confirmed only after payment of the fee is successful.
NEET PG Correction Window 2024
With the help of the correction window, applicants will be able to edit some details in their NEET PG 2024 application form. The details that can be edited during the NEET PG correction window include
- Date of Birth
- Category of the Candidate
- Physical Disability Status
- EWS status
The following details cannot be corrected in the NEET 2024 application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Testing City
For any query/clarification/assistance on NEET PG, candidates can write to NBE at email@example.com or call the NBE Candidate Care helpdesk Toll Free number – 1800 267 4003.
Note: The email should mention the name of the sender, application ID, correspondence address and mobile number.
|Female, Transgender, Male
|General, EWS, OBC
|Female, Transgender, Male
|General, ST, SC, OBC
|Female, Transgender, Male
NEET PG 2024 Exam Day Schedule
Check the event-wise schedule in the table below.
Reporting time for candidates
Last entry for the examination
The candidate gets access to log in window
Candidate allowed to log in
|12: 30 PM
NEET PG 2024 Application Correction
Applicants can make changes to their NEET PG 2024 application during the correction window provided they submit their application before the deadline. Candidates need to use their registration ID and password to access the NEET PG official website and edit their application.
Further, they can make corrections to the following sections:
- Application’s name
- Date of birth
- Email id
- City preference to take NEET PG 2024
NEET PG 2024 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir
NEET PG Syllabus 2024
Preparing for the examination is based on the NEET PG syllabus. Additionally, it is advised that applicants thoroughly read and make note of the NEET PG 2024 syllabus in order to create a thorough and efficient study plan. The topics included in the MCI-published Graduate Medical Education Regulations are covered in the NEET PG 2024 curriculum.
Furthermore, the majority of the topics included in the syllabus are those covered in MBBS/BDS courses. Thus, in order to perform highly on the test, candidates need extensively study these areas.
NEET PG 2024 syllabus includes the following subjects:
- Pre-Clinical Subjects
- Clinical Subjects
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Radio Diagnosis
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- General Medicine
- Para-clinical Subjects
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
NEET PG 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Medical students must know the NEET PG eligibility criteria before starting the application process. This is important because admit cards are issued to only those applicants who meet the eligibility criteria requirement set by NBEMS. The following points explain all the details of NEET PG eligibility:
The eligibility criteria for NEET PG 2024 as mandated by NMC are as follows:
- Age: No minimum age is required for the NEET PG 2024 exam.
- Attempt: The number of attempts is unlimited for the NEET PG exam.
- Citizenship: Either an Indian Citizenship or an OCI card is required.
- Education: The candidate must have completed their MBBS from an MCI-recognised medical college.
- Internship: Mandatory Internship of 1-year duration must be completed by August 2024.
- Registration: Either the National Medical Council or the State Medical Council registration is mandatory.
- FMGE Certificate: Those having a primary medical degree from any foreign medical institution must have the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) pass certificate.
- Category Certificate: Candidates seeking category-based marks relaxation must have the required category certificate.
Updated NEET PG Exam Pattern 2024
Candidates must know the updated NEET PG exam pattern to be prepared in advance for NEET PG 2024. The updated NEET PG exam pattern includes important information such as the mode of exam, duration of the exam, number of questions, and marking pattern.
The updated NEET PG exam pattern 2024 is as follows:
- NEET PG Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online mode at the designated exam centers across India.
- Language of NEET PG question paper: The question paper will be in the English language only.
- Number of questions: The total number of questions in the NEET PG question paper will be 200.
- Question type: The question paper will be in multiple-choice format with four options for each question.
- Total duration of the exam: The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, there will be a marking of 4 marks, and there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for the wrong answer.
NEET PG 2024 Subject Weightage
Knowing the high-yielding subjects helps medical aspirants effectively streamline their preparation plans to achieve their goals. Additionally, it provides information about the average number of questions asked from a specific chapter. To secure high marks in the NEET PG 2024 candidates must pay attention to the high weightage subjects.
The following table includes NEET PG important chapters and the number of questions asked of them:
|NEET PG 2024 Subject Weightage
|NO. of Questions
|Social and Preventive Medicine
|General Medicine, venereology, and dermatology
|Surgery, orthopedics, ENT, and anesthetics
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy
|Gynecology and Obstetrics
Q1. When will the NEET PG be conducted in 2024?
Ans: As per the updated information, the NEET PG 2024 will be conducted on 7th July 2024 by NBEMS.
Q2. Is NEET PG counselling 2024 conducted online?
Ans: Yes, the counselling of NEET PG is conducted in online mode.
Q3. What is the attempt limit for NEET PG?
Ans: There is no limit to the number of attempts in NEET PG 2024.
Q4. Who is eligible as per the fresh cut-off date for the NEET PG 2024 exam?
Ans: Candidates who have completed their MBBS on or before 15th August 2024 will be eligible for NEET PG 2024 as per the latest notice.