The GMAC has published the NMAT Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 on the official website. The official syllabus PDF for the written exam consists of the important topics suitable for each subject asked in the exam. The selection of the candidates is wholly on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the NMAT Exam. The candidates can check out the article below to know the NMAT Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022.
- The NMAT Registrations 2022 will start soon.
- Candidates can take the test up to 3 times within the dates with a gap of 15 days in between two consecutive attempts.
- The selection process of the NMAT exam has several stages i.e. written exam, WAT, CD, and Personal Interview.
- The written test of the NMAT Exam consists of three subjects i.e. Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- The candidates must always check with the official syllabus published by the GMAC to prepare well for the next exam.
- The NMAT Exam Books needed for the written tests should be used by the candidates to do their preparations for the tests.
- The marking scheme published by the company is used to calculate the marks obtained by the candidates in the written test.
Candidates preparing for the upcoming NMAT Exam should always follow the prescribed Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Following the best NMAT books, resources, and a preparation strategy will help the candidates to score more in the exam.
NMAT Exam Syllabus 2022
The NMAT Exam Syllabus for the upcoming written test changes every year and the candidates should only prepare the topics that are given in the syllabus. As the NMAT syllabus for the 2022 session has not yet been published, so the candidates can check out the syllabus of the previous year:
NMAT Language Skills Syllabus
The syllabus for the NMAT Exam 2022 for the NMAT Language Skills sections is listed below. Candidates should check the syllabus before they begin their preparation.
|NMAT Language Skills Syllabus|
NMAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus
The syllabus for the NMAT Exam 2022 for the NMAT Logical Reasoning section is given in the table below. Candidates should check the syllabus before they start their preparation.
|NMAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus|
NMAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
The syllabus for the NMAT Exam 2022 for the NMAT Quantitative Aptitude section is mentioned in the table below. Candidates should check the syllabus before they start their preparation.
|NMAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus|
NMAT Exam Pattern
The score of the NMAT Exam is required to get admission in different colleges that accept the NMAT scores i.e. NMIMS Mumbai, ICFAI Business School, VIT Vellore, and XIM Bhubaneswar. The exam pattern of NMAT has a lot of stages and the candidates have to clear every stage to make it to the final admission. The candidates can get an idea of every stage in this section :
NMAT Written Exam
The candidates can check out the overview of the NMAT written examination in the space below:
- The examination will be held in an online method.
- There will be three papers in the NMAT Exam i.e. Language Skills, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Skills. The candidates have to secure maximum marks in each section to exceed NMAT Exam Cut-Off Marks.
- The candidates will get 2 hours to finish the test.
- Along with this, for every correct answer, the candidates will get 3 marks whereas for each incorrect answer there will be no negative marking for this test.
|Subjects||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Timing||Score Range|
|Language Skills||36||108||28 minutes||12-120|
|Logical Reasoning||36||108||52 minutes||12-120|
|Quantitative Skills||36||108||40 minutes||12-120|
NMAT WAT or Written Ability Test
WAT or Written Ability Test is a paper-pen-based writing test that is performed to check the writing skill of the candidates. In this stage, the candidates are given a topic and the candidates have to show their vocabulary skills, writing skills, and ability.
NMAT CD or Case Discussion
The Case Discussion is a type of group activity in which the candidates will be classified into two multiple groups. After that, the candidates will be provided with a common topic and the candidates will be needed to discuss the topics amongst themselves and reach a common goal. This round also checks if a candidate is a team player and can work in a team to attain a common goal.
NMAT PI or Personal Interview
A personal interview is the last stage of the NMAT selection process and it usually consists of physical interaction between the candidate and panelists. The candidates in this round have to attend an interview before a panel of 5 to 6 judges and after that they will be judged on their overall physical and communicative behavior.
NMAT Exam Best Books
The candidates gearing up for the written test of NMAT can get the help of the NMAT Exam Books. The books that are provided in the section below have also helped the candidates in previous years in acing the exam and getting top marks in the different subjects asked in the Management Test.
|Language Skills||English Grammar||Wren and Martin||A very good book for mastering the basic grammar rules.|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT;||Arun Sharma||This book is very good for practicing objective-based questions based on verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension|
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal||This book helps in developing the basics of reasoning.|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Arihant Publication||This book has a lot of practice questions to master the different topics.|
|Quantitative Skills||Quantitative Aptitude||R S Aggarwal||This book is a very important substitute for learning the basics of each chapter of mathematics.|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT Exam||Arun Sharma||The best part about this book is its simple language and precise explanation.|
NMAT Exam Preparation Strategy
The candidates who are preparing to get admission in different Management courses offered by Top B Schools have to clear each round of the NMAT Exam.
Anyhow, succeeding in the exam simply does not promise admission and the candidates have to follow a very good NMAT Preparation Strategy. The more high marks a candidate scores, the chances of him getting selected for a good B School increases. The candidates can check out the effective preparation tips stated by the students who have previously succeeded in the exam:
- Follow Books and Resources that are associated with the syllabus of the NMAT exam. Most of times students follow books that does not match with the syllabus of the exam. The management test usually causes confusion in the minds of the candidates and so in order to overcome the same, the candidates should double-check the syllabus and go for books that will provide the best results.
- The candidates should always try to follow a daily routine that perfectly help in their preparations to score more. The daily routine must have time for practice tests, learning, revision, and mock tests. Another thing to check here is that the NMAT exam also has a WAT and GD/PI round thus the candidate should practice for these rounds too.
- In addition to this, the candidates must never compromise with their preparation strategy. In fact, to get high scores in the written test the candidates must follow more than one source i.e. mock test, practice set, NMAT Previous Year Question Papers, etc
- At last, one of the most important things that the candidate should do while preparing for the test is not to be careless when it comes to revision. The revision strategy should be on point as the examination has three Aptitude subjects.