Table of Contents
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) has recently released notification inviting applications from meritorious young candidates for National Youth Corps Scheme for the posts of Volunteers. Nehru Yuva Kendras were established in the year 1972 with the objective to provide rural youth avenues to take part in the process of nation building along with providing opportunities for the development of their personality and skills.During 1987-88, Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) was set up as an autonomous organization under the Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, to oversee the working of these Kendras. NYKS is the largest grassroots level youth organization; one of its kind in the globe. It channelizes the power of youth on the principles of voluntarism, self-help and community participation. NYKS has targeted in identifying areas to harness youth power for development, by forming Youth Clubs which will be village level voluntary action groups of youth at the grassroots level to involve them in nation building activities. The core strength of NYKS lies in its network of youth clubs. Youth Clubs are village based organizations working for community development and youth. Vision of the organization focuses on developing long term strategies for good citizenship and youth leadership at the grass root level. Youth Clubs are formed and encouraged to participate in sports, cultural and local development activities. Youth leadership is developed in the course of formation and sustenance of youth clubs. This leadership becomes highly useful in creating:-
- Networks of volunteership.
- Opportunities of participation in fundamental democratic practices of polity and development and,
- Instruments of empowerment of youth like skill-generation, awareness creation about health, life skills, and self employment.
Considering the fact that almost three-fourth of the Indian population is rural, the development of the nation as a whole depends on their progress and development. Besides, the demographic dividend that the country has enjoyed because of the larger segment of youth population, makes it almost mandatory for the largest youth organization like NYKS to take up more and more of such programmes, as will promise the empowerment of youth.
Eligible and interested candidates can apply for NYKS Volunteer 2021 on their official website of NYKS on or before 20 February 2021. The important documents candidates must have for the purpose of future correspondence are Aadhaar Card, Email id and mobile number. Total number of 13206 will be recruited during the year 2021-22. Two volunteers per block in 623 kendras will be deployed. Candidates who have passed their 10th grade are eligible for NYKS Volunteer Recruitment 2021. The age of the volunteer should be between 18 and 29 years. Other details such as monthly salary, selection process, important dates and application process are given below.
NYKS Volunteer Recruitment 2021: Eligibility
Candidates who have completed 10th grade and are in the age group between 18 – 29 years, are eligible to apply. Age mentioned is as on April 1, 2021. In other words, candidates who would complete 18 years of age by April 1, 2021 and would not be more than 29 years on the date are eligible to apply.
Even Though the minimum qualification is mentioned as 10th pass, preference would be given to candidates with higher educational qualification and merit. Candidates with smartphones and basic understanding to operate different apps would also be given preference. Students who have already enrolled in NYKS will not be eligible for the position of volunteer
NYKS Recruitment Important Dates
- Starting Date of the Application – February 05 2021
- Last Date of the Application – February 20 2021
- Meeting of the selection committee based on the availability of DM/DC concerned for fixing the date for conducting the interview – From 25 February to 08 March 2021
- Result Date – March 15 2021
- Joining Date for the Newly deployed volunteers and online registration – 01 April 2021
Rs. 5000/- per month. The monthly honorarium of each volunteer will be credited to the concerned volunteer’s bank account( SB account linked with his/her Aadhar number) by e- banking / PFMS / DBT only.
NYKS Volunteer Selection Criteria
- The selection for the post of volunteer will be done on the basis of Interview. Applicants are required to bring in filled application form along with all required and necessary document’s original, you should also have a copy of the original documents and two recent passport size photographs during time of interview, if shortlisted.
- Information regarding the interview, for selection will be informed by email and SMS/whatsapp message
How to Apply NYKS Volunteer Recruitment 2021
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for NYKS Volunteer via online mode on the official website of NYKS (nyks.nic.in) from 05 February to 20 February 2021.
How to use Entri app for your exam preparation
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download the app for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.