201Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) recruitment notification for Odisha Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020 is out. Through this OPSC recruitment notification, the commission will select candidates towards the posts and services coming under the Odisha Civil Services (Group A & Group B). Interested graduates below 32 years can now apply towards this OPSC recruitment 2021 through the official website.
OPSC Recruitment 2021
The OPSC Civil Services examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission is to select candidates towards various Group A & Group B services. The Group A services in OPSc are Odisha Administrative Service, Police Service & Financial Service. Likewise, the Grou-B services are Odisha Corporative Services (ARCS/AGCS), Revenue Service and Odisha Taxation & Accounts. Group A services will have a pay scale of Rs. 56,100 in Level-12 Cell-I in the pay matrix under Rule-3 of 2017 ORSP Rules. The pay scale of Group B services is of Rs.44,900 in Level-10 Cell-I in the pay matrix under Rule-3 of ORSP Rules. Let’s discuss the dates, eligibility & vacancy details for the OPSC recruitment 2021.
- Odisha Civil Services Examination-2020 Notification Date: December 31, 2020
- Online Application Begining: January 12, 2021
- Last Date for OPSC 2021 Registration: February 11, 2021
- Last Date for OPSC 2021 Application: February 18, 2021
OPSC 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit: Candidates age shall be between 21 years to 32 years. The Upper Age relaxation for SC/ ST/ SEBC/ Women/ Ex-Serviceman is 05 years, and that of PWDs whose permanent disability is 40% or more is 10 years.
- Education Qualification: Candidates should have completed graduation (degree) in any stream from any UGC recognized university or it’s equivalent. Candidates should be able to read, write & speak Odia.
OPSC Recruitment 2021: Vacancy
Group-A Junior Branch
|Name of the post||Category||Total Vacancies|
|1||Odisha Administrative Service||69
|15 (5-w)||22 (7-w)||31 (10-w)||05||–||01||137 (45-w)|
|2||Odisha Police Service||03 (01-w)||1||01||01||–||–||–||06|
|3||Odisha Finance Service||52 (17-w)||12 (4-w)||17 (6-w)||23 (8-w)||04||–||–||104 (35-w)|
Odisha Civil Service: Group B
|Name of the post||Category||Total Vacancies|
|4||Odisha Cooperative Service (ARCS/AGCS)||04||–||01 (w)||03 (1-w)||1||–||–||08 (02-w)|
|5||Odisha Revenue Service||37 (12-w)||08 (3-w)||12 (4-w)||17 (5-w)||04||–||–||74 (24-w)|
|6||Odisha Taxations & Accounts Service||32 (11-w)||07 (2-w)||10 (3-w)||14(5-w)||04||I||1||63 (21-w)|
The selection process includes two-stage of written examination followed by the Personal Interview. The exam pattern for:
|Topic||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Studies Paper I: General Studies||200||2 Hours|
|General Studies Paper-II: English Language, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability||200||2 Hours|
- The General Studies Paper-II is qualifying in nature. The candidates must score 33% in this paper to be declared qualified.
|Paper – I||Odia Language||300 Marks|
|Paper – III||English Essay||200 Marks|
|Paper – IV||General Studies-I||300 Marks|
|Paper – V||General Studies-II||300 Marks|
|Paper – VI, VII, VIII & IX||Any two subjects to be
selected from the list of
optional subjects set out
below. Each subject will
have two papers.
|300 Marks for each paper|
- Each of these paper will be for a 03 hours duration.
List of Optional Subjects for Main Examination:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Fisheries Science
- Home Science
- Indian Language & Literature (anyone)
(a) Odia, (b) Hindi, (c) Sanskrit, (d) English, (e) Persian, (f) Urdu.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
Odisha Civil Services 2021 Online Application
Graduates can now apply to the Odisha Civil Services Examination through the OPSC official website.
- To start your application against the OPSC Recruitment notification 2021, visit the official website of Odisha Public Service Commission, Click Here
- Click on the New Registration tab, and fill your personal details as required.
- While filling the application you should upload your recent photograph, signature & left-hand thumb impression. Keep two copies of the same photograph with you for future use.
- On successful registration, you will receive a Permanent Public Service Account Number (PPSAN).
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 500 as the application fee for online registration. There is no application fee for SC/ST of Odisha and persons with more than 40 per cent disability.
- Once you submit the complete application, download the same & take a printout and send a duly signed copy to the OPSC office.
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment Notification 2021
Click here to download Odisha PSC Civile Service Examination official notification free pdf 2021:
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.