Table of Contents
Police Commemoration Day is an annual event serving on the 21st of October for those ten policemen who sacrificed their lives while defending our borders with China in 1959. This is day is observed as Martyr’s Day in all police forces of India. After a disagreement between the forces on October 21, 1959, ten Indian policemen had killed when Chinese soldiers attacked them in the Hot Springs area near Ladakh. Since that day, October 21 has been honored as National Police Commemoration Day in memory of the lost officers. The day plays a significant role in honouring the spirits of police people and their family members. It is celebrated to pay respect to all those who sacrificed their lives. Check below to learn more on Police Commemoration Day 2022.
Police Commemoration Day 2022 in India History and Significance
This event has organized to pay tribute to the soldiers who lost their lives in Ladakh on the Indo-China border. This incident started on October 20, 1959, when the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was in charge of patrolling the 2,600-mile border between India and Tibet. The Indo-China border in North Eastern Ladakh had to be monitored by three units of the CRPF’s 3rd Battalion, who were sent there on separate patrols to a place called Hot Springs. However, one of the three contingents, which consisted of two police constables and a porter, did not return. On October 21, a new contingent made up of all available men under the command of DCIO Karam Singh was organized to look for the missing troop. The Chinese Army fired on the Indian crops as they neared a hillock in Ladakh. Ten Indian police officers who died in the line of duty were among the seven prisoners taken by the Chinese. The Chinese soldiers sent the bodies of the martyred police officers to India on November 28, 1959, nearly a month later. Following a resolution passed at the Annual Conference of Inspectors General of Police of States and Union Territories in January 1960, October 21 had officially recognized as Police Commemoration Day or Martyr’s Day. Since 2012, a parade had organized on October 21 at the Police Memorial in Chanakyapuri, Delhi.
Police Commemoration Day 2022 in India – Facts to Know
- The Police Commemoration Day is observed on 21st October every year
- This is day is observed as Martyr’s Day in all police forces of India
- The day honours the ten police officers who gave their lives defending our border with China in 1959.
- It is celebrated to pay respect to all those who sacrificed their lives.
Police Commemoration Day 2022 in India Quotes
- ” Wishing a very Happy Police Commemoration Day to all the policemen who keep us safe without thinking about their lives.”
- ” Let us salute the police department for all the courage and strength they protect us with. Warm wishes on Police Commemoration Day.”
- ” Happy Police Commemoration Day to all the dedicated and committed policemen who are taking care of us from all the threats.”
- ” To all the police officers, we extend a warm thank you for having always been there to take care of the public. Happy Police Commemoration Day.”
- ” On the occasion of Police Commemoration Day, we extend our heartiest wishes to the hard-working, brave, and committed policemen for their service.”
Police Commemoration Day 2022 in India Activities
- In honor of the departed spirits, the arms reversed (Shok Shastra), and two minutes of silence has observed.
- The names of police martyrs from various states, police agencies, and paramilitary organizations are read out to honor the enormous sacrifices made by officers.
- As a sign of respect for the martyrs, three shots has fired.
- Made a speech in honor of police officers
Police Commemoration Day 2022 in India Quiz
1. Which day is known as Police day?
Answer: 21st October 2022
2. Why Police Commemoration Day is celebrated in India?
Answer: To honor ten policemen who sacrificed their lives while defending our borders with China in 1959
3. Why October 21 celebrated?
Answer: Police Commemoration Day is observed on 21st October, every year.
4. Where is National Police Memorial Located?
Answer: Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
5. Who inagurated India’s First National Police Museum and Which Year?
On 15th October 2022, Indian Prime Minister Naredra Modi inagurated India’s First National Police Museum in Delhi