Indian Railways, one of the largest employers in the world with its number of employees and the area covered by it has openings in various categories. Indian Railways recruits lakhs of people to fill the vacancies in each category. The Ministry of Railways under the Indian Government owns and operates the entire network of Railways in India. The Railway Protection Force conducts exams for the recruitment of deserving candidates for the posts of Sub Inspector at group A, B, C, D, E and F level. Candidate selection in the RPF SI involves a Computer -Based Test(CBT), Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement Test, and thirdly a Document Verification process. Read till the end to know more about the RPF SI Selection Process.
RPF SI 2022 – Overview
Before getting deep into the RPF SI Selection Process, applicants can check the space below to know the key highlights of the exam.
Overview of RPF SI 2022
|Exam name||Railway Protection Force Sub Inspector|
|Short Form||RPF SI|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Railways|
|Post Name||Sub-Inspectors (SI)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Recruitment Groups||Group A, B, C, D, E and F|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) followed by the Document Verification|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Medium of test||In 15 languages namely, Hindi, English, Urdu, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Assamese, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, , Manipuri and Punjabi|
|Exam purpose||Recruitment of SI in RPF|
|Application Fee||Unreserved Categories – Rs. 500
Reserved Categories – Rs. 250
RPF SI Selection Procedure
The selection process of the Railway Protection Force Sub Inspector is a three-phase process that includes Computer-Based Training (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test(PET) and Physical Measurement Test(PMT) and finally a Document Verification round. The step by step process for each phase is given in detail below.
Phase I- Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- There are different centres across the country where the date and time for CBT shall be held simultaneously for all the Groups.
- Candidates will have the following language options for Computer Based Test (CBT) out of which they shall have to opt for any one of them.
- (1) Hindi (2) English (3) Urdu (4) Tamil (5) Telugu (6) Konkani (7) Malayalam (8) Kannada (9) Marathi (10) Gujurati (11) Bengali (12) Punjabi (13) Assamese (14) Manipuri and (15)Odia.
- The standard of examination will be the graduation level standard.
- Detailed instructions will be mentioned in the e-call letter for CBT regarding details like date, venue, reporting time, the capture of biometric details, attendance, terminal/seat allotment etc.
- Candidates who are allowed to enter the examination hall/room will be required to mark presence as prescribed which will form the basis for the absentees’ statement. Biometric thumb impressions of both thumbs and signature of all candidates appearing will be obtained as proof of appearing in the CBT test.
- After entering respective examination halls/rooms, candidates will take their allotted seats. Any book or part of the book, pieces of paper, calculator, mobile phones, gadgets of any kind or form for communicating with each other or from communicating with any person outside the examination hall/room are strictly prohibited. CCTV surveillance /videography of every hall/room of the centre shall be taken in such a manner that the face of the candidate is captured during the examination to prevent the possibility of impersonation.
- Candidates will fill their roll numbers and other particulars as specified at the appropriate places in the form provided for this purpose.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the hall/room till the conclusion of the examination. Once the examination is over, necessary follow-up action shall be ensured by the Agency concerned as per instructions received from the Chairman, Central Recruitment Committee.
- The candidates have to necessarily obtain 35% marks (30 % marks by Reserved category( SC and ST) candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
- All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter which is available and can be downloaded by the candidates also from the official website of Indian Railways. The information about the e-call letter download is going to be communicated through the websites as well as through personal email communication to the candidates.
- Computer Based Test is conducted online and consists of Objective Tests for 100 marks. This test is usually of a duration of 1 hour, consisting of 3 Sections as follows. Kindly note, there is no separate timing for each section.
|Sl No||Test||No of Qstn||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Awareness||50||50||90 Mins|
|3||General Intelligence & Reasoning||35||35|
- Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be awarded 1 marks for each correct answer. For every wrong answer, there will be a 1 mark deduction.
- ⅓ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions left unattempted.
2. Phase II – Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement Test (PET & PMT)
On the basis of the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the category wise total vacancy in the Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF notified. However, this limit may be increased or decreased as required ensuring the availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in like. No marks will be awarded. The criteria for PET is as follows:
|Category||1600 meters run||800 meters run||Long jump||High jump|
|Sub-Inspector (Exe) Male||6 min 30 secs||—-||12 feet||3 ft 9 inch|
|Sub-Inspector (Exe) Female||—-||4 mins||9 ft||3 ft|
- Only one chance will be given for the 1600/ 800 meters event. For the remaining events ie Long Jump and High jump, the candidates will be given up to 2 chances each.
- Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from PET, However, they will have to undergo PMT.
- A Candidate must qualify in all Tests as per the above norm to be eligible for qualifying.
- All the candidates qualifying in 1600 meters/800 meters will be measured for eligibility with respect to their height and chest size. Chest measurement will be taken only for the male candidates. If a male candidate’s unexpanded chest measurement is below the eligibility limit, expanded measurement shall not be taken and he shall be considered as disqualified.
- Male candidates who do not have minimum cut off height shall not be considered for measurement of the chest and shall be considered as disqualified.
- The candidate who does not have minimum height, chest (unexpanded/expanded) shall be seen as having failed in PMT.
- PET/PMT is qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded for the candidates.
- A grievance redressal cell will be set up for redressal of grievances in relation to Height and Chest measurements.
3.Phase III – Document Verification
- On the basis of the performance of aspirants in the CBT and subject to their qualifying in PET & PMT, they will be called for Document Verification.
- In case of two or more candidates having a tie or securing the same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. the older person shall be given priority based on seniority.
- Appointment of the final selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration. As well as a final verification of educational and category certificates, verification of character and antecedents of the candidates from the local Administration along with successful completion of initial training.
We hope this article about the RPF SI selection process has cleared all your doubts regarding the same. Entri wishes its aspirants the best in their career journey.
|RPF SI Exam Information Links|
|RPF SI Notification||RPF SI Mock Test|
|RPF SI Syllabus||RPF SI Video Course|
|RPF SI Exam Date||RPF SI Study Materials|
|RPF SI Application Form||RPF SI Interview Questions|
|RPF SI Vacancy||RPF SI Job Profile|
|RPF SI Admit Card||RPF SI Salary|
|RPF SI Study Plan||RPF SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|RPF SI Previous Question Papers||RPF SI Result|
|RPF SI Best Books||RPF SI Cutoff|
|RPF SI Eligibility Criteria||RPF SI Exam Analysis|
|RPF SI Answer Key|