Table of Contents
The Railway Protection Force invites applications from job seeking aspirants for the post of RPF SI. Earning a job in the Indian Railways is not only a privilege but also economic support. The RPF post of Sub Inspector comes with many perks and benefits. So stop thinking and apply for the RPF SI post on the official website. Before applying though, know about the job profile of the RPF SI post. This article discusses the RPF SI job profile and salary structures.
The Railway Protection Force, also known as RPF is a security force of India relegated for protecting the railway passengers, railway tracks and other railway property. An estimate of about 9000 plus vacancies is expected this year for the post of RPF SI and constable. The railways provide good job opportunity and job security for their officers. Hence, read the article till the end to enlighten yourself before applying for the same.
RPF SI Career 2022
The career path of all those candidates who wish to join the RPF SI post includes several commitments and responsibilities. Furthermore, the prime role of the Railway Protection Force Sub Inspector is the protection of its passengers. Moreover, ensuring the protection of the railway property and railway area is also their responsibility. Also, they take necessary actions to maintain the law and take decisions pertaining to the problems in the railway. Thus, the key responsibilities are highlighted below.
- Investigating crime related to the railway
- Arresting the lawbreakers
- Interrogating the concerned
- Collect statements of the witnesses
- Gather evidence and case files in the court
- Protecting railway tracks and railway equipment
- Protecting the signalling equipment
- Prepare reports and documents
- Passenger safety is their prime duty
RPF SI Roles and Responsibilities
The RPF has a legal dominion that covers all railway areas wherever Railway property exists.
- The primary functions of enrolled members (RPF Sub Inspectors) of the Force are listed below.
(a) Protecting and safeguarding railway property and combating crime against it.
(b) Doing any other act conducive to better protection and security of railway property
(c) Remove any obstruction in the movement of railway property
(d) Perform other functions of an armed force of the Union and to exercise powers of a railway servant under the Indian Railway Act, 1890.
- The other functions of RPF SI are as follows:
- Identify the situations that have possibilities for the crime committed against the railway property in either static or in transit or mobile and to take remedial measures or to suggest improvement in basic security arrangements of faulty procedures wherever necessary, to the railway administration.
- Reduce the opportunities of thefts, pilferages, misappropriation, trades, etc., against railway property and leakage of railway revenue through surprise preventive checks or other appropriate measures like detailing of patrols in vulnerable sectors, keeping open or unobtrusive watch at workshops, stores, goods-sheds, depots, parcel offices, yards and other such places and at any station or en route the destination of railway property, posting of guards and pickets at black spots, escorting of affected trains etc.
- Aid, co-operate and co-ordinate the measures of other railway agencies or the Police or other authorities in implementing other appropriate measures for ensuring prevention of crime against the railway property and providing for its better security.
- Interfere at any time or place for the prevention of any attempt to steal, misuse, damage or tamper with the railway property or to convert it into private use without lawful authority and to initiate action against offenders.
- Register and take up enquiries under Railway Property(Unlawful Possession) Act, 1966, apprehend the offenders and participate in subsequent legal proceedings connected therewith.
- To register or to promptly pass on reports for registration to the local Police of all cognizable offences against the railway property, and to conduct enquiries and collect evidence for localizing the crime or which is otherwise considered necessary and finally render such other assistance as may be possible in the investigation of such cases.
- Obtain intelligence relating to the commission of or intention to commit any offence specified in clauses (i), (ii), (iii), (iv), (v), (vi), (vii), (viii), (ix) of subsection (1)of Section 39 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 on the railways and also to lay such information and to take such other steps consistent with law and with the orders of his superiors as shall be best calculated to bring offenders to justice and to prevent the commission of cognizable and, within his view, of non-cognizable offences.
- Collect surveillance about subversive and other objectionable activities affecting the security and functioning of the railways as well as about the activities of criminals and suspects prying on railway property.
- Study all cases of suspected sabotage or meddling with track or obstruction on the movement of railway property with a view to suggesting preventive measures to railway authority and the Police.
- Subject to Rule 42, to assist the railway administration during strikes and lockouts as well as assist the Police during mob violence or civil disturbances or for maintenance of law and order and control of railway crime or when deputed anywhere in India in aid to civil power.
- Assist the commercial and other departments of the railway during raids on ticketless travellers, unauthorized hawkers, alarm chain pullers, and on those indulging in hose pipe disconnections or infringing other provisions of the Indian[ Railway Act,1890].
- Aiding any other member of the Force when called upon by such other member or in the case of need in the discharge of the duty of such other member, in such ways as would be lawful and reasonable on the part of the member thus aided.
- Make use of his best endeavours to prevent any loss or damage by fire to railway property.
- To record and study all cases of fire incidents involving railway property and suggest preventive measures and operate, install and maintain firefighting equipment at railway stations.
- Guard cash offices of the railway and escorting their pay clerks.
- To take prompt measures and actions to procure necessary medical help for any wounded or sick person under arrest or in custody.
- To make arrangement for the proper sustenance and shelter to every person who is under arrest or in custody.
- Undertake any other security duty assigned to the Force by or with the concurrence of railway authority for the execution of which necessary resources have been provided and approval of the Director-General or the Chief Security Commissioner, as the case could also be obtained.
- Promptly obey and execute all orders lawfully issued to him by any superior officer of the Force and to discharge such duties as imposed upon him by any law for the time being in the force or cast on him by any rule of the railway.
RPF SI Career Growth
The RPF Sub Inspector has a great opportunity in terms of his career growth progress. Recruitment of higher-ranking officers and promotion to the rank of Assistant Commandants and from one rank of higher-level officer to the other rank of superior officers shall be made in accordance with the Railway Protection Force (Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ Posts) Recruitments Rules, 1981, as amended from time to time. Listed below is the RPF SI Career Progression.
RPF SI Salary 2022
Salary is the most dominant feature of any job. However, the candidates usually apply for a job after getting an idea about the pay scale. Similarly, the Sub Inspector post offers avails a handsome basic salary of 35,400 Rs. Along with the additional perks and benefits the gross salary ranges between 43,000-52,000 Rs. The RPF SI salary structure is as shown below. For more information regarding RPF SI salary click here.
Old Payscale and Grade Pay (Sixth pay commission): Rs 9,300-Rs 34, 800. The Grade Pay is Rs 4,200.
New basic pay after seventh Pay Commission: The basic pay is Rs 35,440.
Total Salary: The total salary/month is Rs 43,300-Rs 52,030.
|RPF Salary 2022|
|Name of the Post||Old Pay-Scale and Grade Pay (6th Pay Commission)||New Basic Pay after 01.01. 2016 (After 7th Pay Commission)||Total Salary Per Month (Gross Salary)|
|RPF Sub Inspector (SI)||Rs 9300- Rs 34, 800 Grade Pay Rs 4200/-||Rs 35, 400/-||43, 000 – Rs 52, 000 Rs|
RPF SI Salary Perks & Allowances
There are many benefits and allowances for the Sub Inspectors in the Railway Protection Force. The perks given to the Sub Inspectors are generally non-wage benefit in addition to the basic salary. These perks also offer monetary and non-monetary support for the Sub Inspectors.
- Overtime Allowance
- Dress Allowance
- Provident Fund, also called PF
- Ration Allowance
- Monthly Pension after retirement
- Educational Assistance
- Night Duty Allowance
- Pass & Privilege Ticket Orders
- Medical Benefits
- Travel & Transfer Allowance
- Other Financial Allowances
To sum it up, this article has covered all aspects of the RPF SI job profile 2022. Hoping that the applicants benefit from this post. Additionally, for availing the vast services of notifications, study materials, study planners, educational tutorials etc you can download the Entri App. Entri App ensures your success in landing your dream job. Best wishes from our team.
|RPF SI Exam Information Links|
|RPF SI Notification||RPF SI Selection Process|
|RPF SI Syllabus||RPF SI Mock Test|
|RPF SI Exam Date||RPF SI Video Course|
|RPF SI Application Form||RPF SI Study Materials|
|RPF SI Vacancy||RPF SI Interview Questions|
|RPF SI Admit Card||RPF SI Salary|
|RPF SI Study Plan||RPF SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|RPF SI Previous Question Papers||RPF SI Result|
|RPF SI Best Books||RPF SI Cutoff|
|RPF SI Eligibility Criteria||RPF SI Exam Analysis|
|RPF SI Answer Key|