The Railway Protection Force Sub Inspector exam will be conducted in a few weeks. The candidates have to prepare for the Computer-Based Test (CBT) and clear it in order to reach the next level of test, ie the Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Measurement Test, whereby they will be qualified for the post. This article discusses all the preparation strategies and provides the RPF SI Exam Preparation tips and tricks. Read till the end for full-fledged exam preparation.
How to Prepare for RPF SI Exam?
The candidates should start preparing for the RPF SI exam well in advance, at least four to six months before the exam. With the right amount of planning and preparation, scoring good marks for the exam will be piece of cake.
Design a well-structured study plan by not forgetting to add the section-wise topic preparation. We have mentioned below the RPF SI preparation strategy of the topics section-wise.
General Awareness Preparation Tips
- This is the section in the RPF SI exam that carries maximum marks. Therefore, candidates need to prepare this section very well.
- Before studying the General Awareness section, candidates must be well aware of the subjects and syllabus.
- Go through the questions usually asked from Indian History, Indian Constitution, Art and Culture, General Polity, Geography, Economics,, Sports, General Science, etc
- While going through the RPF SI syllabus, applicants can identify their strong and weak areas.
- After understanding the subjects, set your priorities for studying these subjects accordingly. Start covering the topics that are easy.
- After analyzing the syllabus, we recommend you to go through the previous years’ question papers from the last 5 years.
- Practising the previous years’ papers will help in boosting confidence and strengthening the areas of knowledge for the exam.
- Candidates must prepare a study plan covering every subject and their relevant topics in detail for studying.
- Refer to the relevant books for this section.
- Read newspapers and magazines on a daily basis to keep yourself updated on the current happenings.
General Intelligence and Reasoning Preparation Tips
This section is considered as one of the sections where you can score the highest. This section tests your thinking ability and problem-solving skills. The candidates need to identify those sections where they can attempt a maximum number of accurate questions and score the highest marks in order to clear the exam.
- Candidates must wear their logical analytical skill cap.
- Candidates must have a good command of the concepts.
- Practice solving previous year question papers.
- Follow a proper study strategy and structured timetable inclusive of all the sections of the question paper.
- Focus on all the important topics firsthand.
- Brush up and improve the weak areas.
- Be consistent in your preparation.
Arithmetic Section Preparation Tips
The Arithmetic section has a weightage of a total of 35 marks. Questions are asked from Number systems, Whole Numbers, Percentages, Decimal and Fractions and Relationships between numbers, Ratio and Proportion Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Mensuration, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Use of Table and Graphs, Time and Distance, ratio and proportion etc.
- Clearing the basics in the Arithmetic section is crucial. If the candidates have a strong foundation of mathematical concepts, it becomes simple and easy to solve the questions. Do not rush for the tricks, rather understand, learn and practice the concepts.
- To learn the basics, refer to the books that can help you to clear the concepts. This will give a thorough idea of the questions which in turn will help you learn quickly. Practising questions from model sets will give you exposure to a wide variety of questions.
- Don’t forget to evaluate your practice sets. Make a note of all the questions you have attempted correctly and incorrectly in the exam. Therefore, start practising according to that.
- Analyse your strong and weak areas and strengthen them with practice and learning.
- Take mock tests regularly while preparing for the exam. This will exhibit the real status of where you stand.
RPF SI 2022 – Overview
Before we get into the preparation mode, the candidates can check the table below to know the key highlights of the exam.
|Exam name||Railway Protection Force Sub Inspector|
|Commonly known as||RPF SI|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Railways|
|Post name||Sub-Inspectors (SI)|
|Level of exam||National|
|Recruitment Groups||Group A, B, C, D, E and F|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT) followed by Document Verification|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
|Medium of test||15 languages namely, Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi|
|Exam purpose||Recruitment of SI in RPF and RPSF|
|Application Fee||General Categories – Rs. 500
Reserved Categories – Rs. 250
RPF SI Exam Pattern 2022
The aspiring candidates need to prepare for the RPF SI recruitment by getting well versed with the exam pattern. Getting a good idea about the exam pattern will help in enhancing the study preparations. The exam pattern will help the candidates in preparing better for the RPF SI.
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes|
|Sections in the exam||RPF SI CBT will comprise three sections, namely,
2.General Intelligence and Reasoning
|Marking Scheme||For each correct response : (+) 1 mark is awarded
For each incorrect response : (-) 1/3 marks are deducted
For unattempted questions: No marks awarded or deducted
RPF SI Reference Books
The candidates can refer to the following books for levelling up their preparation for the RPF SI examination.
- General Knowledge by Arihant
- General Knowledge Manual by Pearson
- Fast track objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- A new approach to Reasoning by B.S Sijwali & S Sijwali Arihant
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- RS Aggarwal
With the right amount of preparation and planning, the path to a successful exam will be easy and rewarding. We hope this article will help you in your preparation for the RPF SI exam. Happy learning peeps!
|RPF SI Exam Information Links|
|RPF SI Notification||RPF SI Selection Process|
|RPF SI Syllabus||RPF SI Mock Test|
|RPF SI Exam Date||RPF SI Video Course|
|RPF SI Application Form||RPF SI Study Materials|
|RPF SI Vacancy||RPF SI Interview Questions|
|RPF SI Admit Card||RPF SI Job Profile|
|RPF SI Study Plan||RPF SI Salary|
|RPF SI Previous Question Papers||RPF SI Result|
|RPF SI Best Books||RPF SI Cutoff|
|RPF SI Eligibility Criteria||RPF SI Exam Analysis|
|RPF SI Answer Key|