The Sub-Inspector post in the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is a Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400) post. Every year NIA recruits graduates below 30 years towards its service as Sub-Inspectors through the SSC CGL exam. The Sub-Inspectors selected through the SSC CGL National Investigation Agency recruitment will be Group-B officers. They are Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial posts under the Ministry of Home Affairs. At present, NIA is functioning as the Central Counter-Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency in India. Let’s check the eligibility criteria & selection process for the NIA Sub-Inspector posts.
SSC CGL National Investigation Agency Sub-Inspector Recruitment 2021
National Investigation Agency (NIA) was born in 2008 after the NIA Act enacted on December 31, 2008. As of now, NIA has 10 Branch offices across the country. Through SSC CGL 2021, you can kickstart your career in this anti-terrorism enforcement agency as the Sub-Inspectors.
SSC CGL Important Dates
- SSC CGL 2020 Notification Date: December 29, 2020
- CGL 2020 Application Period: December 29, 2020, to January 31, 2021
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: February 02, 2021
- Last date and time for making offline fee payment: February 04, 2021
- SSC CGL Tier-01 Examination Date: May 29, 2021, to June 07, 2021
- SSC CGL Tier-02 and Tier-03 Examination Date: To be notified later
SSC CGL NIA Sub-Inspector: How to Apply Online?
SSC One Time Registration
To start your SSC CGL application, candidates must register themselves in the SSC One Time Registration. For One-time Registration, click on the Register Now link provided in Login Section on the SSC official website: SSC.
To register yourself make sure you have a valid email id, mobile number, and digital copy of your photograph, and signature. On One Time Registration, you need to enter your basic details, including matriculation or SSLC registration number and should upload the photograph and signature. Once you enter all the basic pieces of information and click on the save icon your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. Your Registration Number and Password will be sent to you on your mobile number and Email ID. Save those details for future uses.
Login using your Registration Number as username and the password provided to you. Change your password, if you wish. After the registration process, the “Basic Details” can be changed only twice.
SSC CGL Online Application
- Login to your SSC Account using, given Registration Number and password. Click Here
- A new window will open for you, Here you can find “Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020“.
- Under this section, you can find the “Apply” tab. Click on the Apply tab.
- On the new tab, you can find your basic details, check whether any edit required. Select three examination centres, your EWS, and Ex-servicemen status.
- Enter your education qualification and whether you are applying for the Junior Statistical Officer or not.
- Check the declaration at the end of the page and click on the “Preview”.
- Recheck all your details and click on the “Submit” tab.
- For unreserved male candidates Rs. 100/ is to be paid towards the application fees, pay the fees through the online mode.
- Your Application will get provisionally accepted by the commission.
- Take a print out or pdf copy of them for your future references.
SSC CGL National Investigation Agency Sub-Inspector Eligibility
- Educational Eligibility: Candidates should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree/ Graduation from any UGC recognized University or equivalent.
- Age Limit: 30 years
- Physical Eligibility:
- Male Candidates
- Height: 170 cms. Height relaxable by 5 cms, in the case of Garwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Scheduled Tribes.
- Chest: 81 cms. (fully expanded with a minimum expanse of 5 cms.)
2. Female Candidates
- Height: 155 cms.
Candidates should have the Eye-sight (with or without glasses): Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye
and Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in another eye.
NIA Sub-Inspector Selection Process
To hired as a Sub-Inspector in NIA you have to successfully pass in SSC CGL Tier-1, 2 & 3 stages. The exam pattern for these are:
SSC CGL Preliminary Examination
SSC CGL Preliminary examination would be a Computer Based Objective Test. This test will be conducted across different shifts in different parts of the country. The final score will be published only after the score normalization process based on the commission’s formula. There will be negative marks for each wrong answers.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
|SL No||Subject/Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier-02
|SL No||Subject /Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||02 hours|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||02 hours|
SSC CGL Tier-03
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Tier-03 exam is a descriptive test. Here the candidates will ask to write an Essay, Precis, Letter or Application. The question paper will be bilingual, English and Hindi. Exam Duration is 60 minutes ( 01 hours) and maximum marks are 100.
- Male Candidates
- Walking: 1600 metres in 15 minutes.
- Cycling: 8 Kms. In 30 minutes.
- Female Candidates
- Walking: 1 Km in 20 minutes
- Cycling: 3 Km in 25 minutes
SSC CGL NIA Sub-Inspector Post: Previous Year Cut-off Score
- Preliminary Exam
- Preliminary Exam: 2019
- 2018 Tier-II Exam
Click here to download SSC CGL 2020 notification:
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today with us. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.