Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Central Police Organisation (CPO) has released the SSC CPO notification on its official website earlier. Entri provides beneficial platform in guiding the potential candidates to get into various posts under the Central Police Department of the Indian government. SSC CPO examinations aims at recruiting candidates to the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub Inspector in (Central Armed Police Forces) CAPFs, Assistant Sub Inspector in (Central Industrial Security Force) CISF, Inspector posts and Sub Inspector posts. In this article you will be able to get yourself updated with the SSC CPO Selection Process 2021.
Click on the below link to know the details on the online application of SSC CPO exam.
SSC CPO Important Dates and Details
The important dates for the SSC CPO Exam are as given below:
|Examination||SSC CPO Examination 2020|
|Examination Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Government of India|
|Job type||Group B and Group C posts|
|Post||Sub-Inspector (SI) and Asst. Sub-Inspector (ASI)|
|SSC CPO 2020 Notification Date||17 June 2020|
|Online application starts from||17 June 2020|
|Online application ends on||16 July 2020|
|Last date for online fee payment||18 July 2020|
|Last date for generation of offline challan||20 July 2020|
|Last date for payment through challan||22 July 2020|
|SSC CPO Exam Date 2019 (Tier I)||29 September 2020 – 5 October 2020|
|SSC CPO Tier 2 Exam Date 2019||01 March 2021 (Postponed due to pandemic)|
|Job location||Anywhere in India|
SSC CPO Selection Process 2021
The Selection process of SSC CPO examination comprises of the following phases. All these stages of the examination are mandatory.
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- Document Verification
1. SSC CPO Paper 1 Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||Subject||Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||Computer based-Objective type||2 hours||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Total Marks :200|
- Questions asked will be bilingual,e. in both Hindi and English.
- Each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
2. SSC CPO Physical Standard Test (PST) for all posts
|SI.No||Category of candidates||Height (in cm)||Chest (in cm)|
|1||For male candidates only (UR)||170||80||85|
|2||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||165||80||85|
|3||For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|4||For Female candidates only (UR)||157||—||—|
|5||For female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||—||—|
|6||For all female candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||—||—|
Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts).
3. SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
For male candidates only:
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metre in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metre in 3 chance
For female candidates only:
- 100 metre race in 18 seconds
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metre in 3 chances.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates.
- PST/ PET will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying/ elimination nature.
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, can send an appeal to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final.
4. SSC CPO Paper 2 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions
|English language & Comprehension||Objective||2 hours||200||200|
- Questions asked will be bilingual, i.e. in both Hindi and English
- Each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
5. Medical standard (For all posts):
All the candidates who qualify in Paper-2 will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer.
The following are the eligibility criteria to clear the medical test.
- The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye).
- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye).
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.
- The candidate should possess high colour vision.
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- Candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect
As a part of training curriculum, the finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector must pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
- Jumping over the Vertical Board
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board.
- Tarzan Swing.
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board.
- Parallel Rope.
- Monkey Crawl
- Vertical Rope.
Note that all the stages of the SSC CPO examination are mandatory. The final merit list will be tabulated on the basis of a candidate’s performance in all the three phases of the SSC CPO Exam.
6. SSC CPO Document Verification
1.During Document Verification, candidates should indicate the Posts/ Forces for which they would like to be considered, in the order of preference. The detail of various posts are as follows.
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (A)
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (B)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (C)
- Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (D)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (E)
- Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (F)
2. Candidates must bring two passport size recent colour photographs and one original valid Photo ID Proof while appearing for the Document Verification. ID proof can be any of the following
- Photo ID Proof can be:
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar.
- Voter ID Card.
- PAN Card.
- Driving License.
- Government School/ College ID Card.
- Employer ID (Govt./ PSU).
- Any other Photo bearing ID Card issued by Central/ State Govt
3. Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed,
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Driving License for Motor Cycle and Car (issued before the date of PET/ PST) for the candidates who have given preference for Delhi Police (applicable for male candidates only).
SSC CPO Mode of Selection 2021
- Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II (without adding bonus marks to NCC certificate holders) are as follows:
- UR: 30%
- OBC/ EWS: 25%
- All other categories: 20%
- Candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination on the basis of their performance in Paper-I
- Each part of paper 1 will have cut off marks set by the commission.
- PET/ PST are mandatory but qualifying in nature.
- Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- Only candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be allowed to appear in Paper-II Examination.
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I+ Paper-II candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination.
- Candidates who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- All shortlisted candidates should appear for Document Verification. Those failing to do so will not be considered for final selection.
- Once the candidate has been allotted his first available preference as per his merit, candidate will not be considered for any other option. Candidates should carefully mark their preferences of post.
- All the posts except SI in Delhi Police carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the
candidate may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
Check below for other important details on SSC CPO Examination by Entri
SSC CPO syllabus and exam pattern
Subscribe Entri to get along with the journey of preparation
|SSC CPO Exam Information Links|
|SSC CPO Notification||SSC CPO Mock Test|
|SSC CPO Syllabus||SSC CPO Video Course|
|SSC CPO Exam Date||SSC CPO Study Materials|
|SSC CPO Application Form||SSC CPO Interview Questions|
|SSC CPO Vacancy||SSC CPO Job Profile|
|SSC CPO Admit Card||SSC CPO Salary|
|SSC CPO Study Plan||SSC CPO Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC CPO Previous Question Papers||SSC CPO Result|
|SSC CPO Best Books||SSC CPO Cutoff|
|SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria||SSC CPO Exam Analysis|
|SSC CPO Answer Key|
Discussion about this post