Chemistry is considered to be one of the difficult subject by students. We can say Chemistry is helpful in everyday life, because it explains how something is formed from something, helps in cleaning, bleaching, medicine, etc. Chemistry is a science which can be related to our day today life. The word Science comes from the Latin word “Scientia” meaning “knowledge”. Every year PSC conducts various exams, general science is an important area in the syllabus. Almost ten questions will be asked from the Chemistry part. Most of the Chemistry questions will be based on up to the 10th standard. In this article some of the Chemistry Questions for PSC Exams 2022 are given.
Chemistry Questions for PSC Exams 2022
Chemistry is the scientific area involved with compounds composed of atoms, elements, and molecules, combinations of atoms: their composition, structure, properties, behaviour and the changes they undergo during a reaction with other compounds. Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier is considered the “Father of Modern Chemistry”. Some of the basic questions are given below, check out them and prepare more…
- Which of the following is the poorest conductor of heat in comparison to other options?
Correct Answer: Lead
2. Which among the following is the correct set of chemical formulae of Chile Saltpetre, Saltpetre and Quick Lime?
- KNO3, NaNO3, CaO
- NaNO3, KNO3, Ca(OH)2
- Na(OH)2, KOH, CaO
- NaNO3, KNO3, CaO
Correct Answer: NaNO3, KNO3, CaO
3. Dalton’s name is associated with which of the following terms?
Correct Answer: Atom
4. Which among the following methods can be used to remove the permanent hardness in water due to calcium or magnesium sulphates?
- Sulphonate method
- Nitrate method
- Zeolite method
- None of these
Correct Answer: Zeolite method
5. Which among the following is called Laughing Gas popularly?
- Nitric oxide
- Nitrous oxide
- Nitrogen penta oxide
Correct Answer: Nitrous oxide
6. Which among the following happens in an oxidation reaction?
- Electrons are gained
- Electrons are lost
- Protons are gained
- Protons are lost
Correct Answer: Electrons are lost
7. Which among the following is the correct decreasing of bio elements in Human Body?
- oxygen, hydrogen, Carbon, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus
- oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen, calcium, and phosphorus
- oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus
- carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus
Correct Answer: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus
8. Which is sold as a weed killer of the broad-leaved weeds is a synthetic version of __:
- Auxin Hormone
- Cytokinin Hormone
- None of them
Correct Answer: Auxin Hormone
9. Tell the composition of soap?
- Sodium salt with fatty acids.
- Potassium salt with fatty acids
- Both a & b
- Sodium and Potassium salt mixed with chemicals
Correct Answer: Both- Sodium salt with fatty acids & Potassium salt with fatty acids
10. Detergent is defined as…..
- A liquid surfactant
- A liquid soluble
- A liquid sovent
- A liquid solution
Correct Answer: A liquid surfactant
11. Which of the following compound is not used as an an alkali?
- Sodium hydroxide
- Potassium hydroxide
- Carbon hydroxide
- Nitrogen hydroxide
Correct Answer: Nitrogen hydroxide
12. Define toxicity?
- A chemical reaction
- A process used in the manufacturing of detergents
- A harmful effect of soaps and detergents required to measure the effectiveness.
- A process used in the manufacturing of soaps
Correct Answer: A harmful effect of soaps and detergents required to measure the effectiveness
13. The process in which a liquid substance change into gas rapidly on heating is called:
Correct Answer: Boiling
14. A homogeneous mixture of two or more substances in called:
Correct Answer: Solution
15. What is an element that is malleable and ductile, and conducts electricity called?
Correct Answer: Metals
16. Name the gas which is used in refrigeration and in fire extinguisher, __________?
- Carbon dioxide
Correct Answer: Carbon dioxide
17. Name a gas used as rocket propellant and in welding also?
Correct Answer: Cyanogen
18. Name a gas which is used in the fermentation of sugar?
- Carbon dioxide
Correct Answer: Carbon dioxide
19. Name a gas which is used in making chloroform?
Correct Answer: Methane
20. Quartz is composed of:
- Calcium sulphate
- Calcium silicate
- Sodium sulphate
- Sodium silicate
Correct Answer: Calcium Silicate
Learn with Entri app and prepare for different competitive exams. Entri provides study materials like Multiple choice questions and answers of each subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English,etc; Mock tests, Doubt clearing sessions, Live video classes, etc. Entri wishes good luck to all the aspirants!