Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Central Police Organisation (CPO) has released the SSC CPO notification on its official website on June 17 2020. The selection process are on going . Entri provides beneficial platform in guiding the potential candidates to get into various posts under the Central Police Department of the Indian government. SSC CPO examinations aims at recruiting candidates to the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub Inspector in (Central Armed Police Forces) CAPFs, Assistant Sub Inspector in (Central Industrial Security Force) CISF, Inspector posts and Sub Inspector posts. Cracking SSC CPO exam becomes easy when you have the ability to plan your preparation. Not every candidate is able to turn their aspirations into reality. It is their preparation approach makes them stand out of the crowd. Through this article, we will be giving you ice breaker tips to kick start preparations for your dream job. Check here for SSC CPO Preparation Strategy and Tips.
SSC CPO Preparation Strategy and Tips
Let us look through in depth the eight prime preparation techniques that are very essential to crack the SSC CPO exam. The six strategies that we will be emphasizing here are
1) Be well acquainted with the exam pattern and selection procedure.
2) A thorough knowledge on the syllabus of the exam as it is a mandatory strategy in the preparation of the exam. Understand the weightage for each topic so that the necessary topics can be stressed on more.
3) The importance of the selection of appropriate referring study materials for preparation.
4) Check for the cut off marks of previous years. Understand the minimum score required. Make not of the papers that require high score and work on it more.
5) Importance of preparing a study plan. ‘Time isn’t the main thing, It’s the only thing’ as quoted by Miles Davis, there can be no preparation without a study schedule.
6) How effective and important is the practice you gain from answering mock test. Efficacy of the mock tests can be experienced only if it is taken appropriately.
7) Check for previous year papers. Solve them on a regular basis and work more on weak areas.
8) You only fail when you stop trying. Hence keep self-motivating yourself and keep going until you attain your dream job.
1. Keep yourself acquainted with the selection process and evaluate the exam pattern.
- Candidates must understand the stages involved in the selection procedure and strategize his preparation accordingly.
- The Selection process of SSC CPO examination comprises of the following phases. Paper-1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-2, Detailed Medical Examination (DME),Document Verification.
SSC CPO Paper 1 Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||Subject||Mode||Time Duration||Number of Questions
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||Computer based-Objective type||2 hours||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Total Marks :200|
- Questions asked will be bilingual, e. in both Hindi and English.
- Each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
2. Know the syllabus – ‘When you know better, you do better’
After having a thorough knowledge of selection procedure and exam pattern, aspirants should know the syllabus of the exam, the topics included under each section of the exam. The most important topics (from where questions are asked frequently) should also be noted.
SSC CPO Paper 1- Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Topics||Type of Questions||Weightage|
|Analogy||Semantic and Figural analogy, letters and numbers Symbolic/Numbers, images and meaning based||6-8 Questions|
|Coding Decoding||Coding decoding by letter shifting, coding by analogy and words||3-5 Questions|
|Semantic and Figural classifications, Symbolic/Numbers classification||6-7 Questions|
|Series||Semantic, Figural, number and mixed series and series based on general knowledge||3-5 Questions|
|Missing numbers||Numbers and alphabet based Matrix and Diagrams||2-3 Questions|
|Alphabet or word test||Sequence and word formation, Matrix, jumbled words, suffix etc.||3-5 Questions|
|Venn diagram||Venn Diagram, Logical, Syllogism etc.||4-5 Questions|
|Puzzles||Double line-up arrangements, circular arrangements, seating arrangements, linear arrangements etc.||3-5 Questions|
|Data sufficiency||Cubes and Dices, Arithmetic operation etc.||4-5 Questions|
|Non- verbal reasoning||Paper folding, Cubes and dices, counting figures etc.||5-5 Questions|
The above table depicts the topic wise weightage distribution for one part of paper 1 examination. For such detailed distribution of every subject of all the exams of SSC CPO please click the link below.
3. Refer Effective Sources – Books and Online Tutorials
After getting a definite outline on the syllabus of the IBPS RRB exam, the preparation for the exam has to be initiated. It is of ultimate importance that one has to make a distinct selection of the appropriate study materials that has to be referred.
Online Study Material like – Online E-Books, PDFs, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Tests Series, Video Lectures etc, provides an easy to learn environment. Online preparation for SSC CPO exam is a productive decision that you can make. Students will be able to learn at their own pace too. This is one of the reasons why most of the candidates opt for Online Study Material instead of going for the classroom study.
There are many e-learning websites, one of the best, India’s Leading Online Learning platform is Entri. Here you can obtain the complete test series, which is available for free. Login to the website for successful achievement of your dream job
Check the below documents for study materials
Below mentioned are the few books that can also be referred for the preparation.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||General Knowledge & Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|· A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by B.S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali||· Lucent’s General Knowledge by Lucent Publication||· Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant publications||· Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
4. Be aware of the cut marks required to be qualified for next stage
It is very important to be well aware of cut off marks so that you can have a specific target when preparing for each paper. The Staff selection commission releases the cut off of CPO in three different stages
- The first stage is the cut off Paper 1 examination
- The second stage is the cut off of Paper 2 examination
- The third is the combined cut off Paper 1 and Paper 2 Examination
SSC CPO Paper 1 2020 Cut off
Female: Open vacancies
Male: Open vacancies
5. Structure a Study Schedule and Execute it Earnestly
You might have gone through the phrase- ‘Self -Study is the best Source of Knowledge’. But is this phrase justified for the preparation of exams like SSC CPO? The answer to the question is YES. Exam preparation without coaching can be done if you follow a proper Study Plan.
Few preparation tips to study smartly.
- Candidate has to devise a goal based timeline.
- After getting the details about the SSC CPO Exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak.
- Start working on the topic in which you need more attention.
- The key to success depends on how well you manage time.
- Prepare short notes for doing quick revision for exams.
- Effective examination tips and faster memorization tips can be utilised when preparing for the exam.
Study plan for SSC CPO Examination
Tabulated below is the study plan of quantitative aptitude, Reasoning Ability and General Awareness subjects of the exam.
|Day||Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||General Awareness|
|Day 1||Trigonometry||Coding and decoding||Indian geography and current affairs|
|Day 2||Mensuration||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Indian history and current affairs|
|Day 3||Algebra||Alphabetical series||Indian polity and current affairs|
|Day 4||Profit and loss||Number Series||National economy and current affairs|
|Day 5||Time and distance||Analogy and classification||International Current affairs|
|Day 6||Time and work||Directions||Environmental issues in India|
|Day 7||Geometry||Seating arrangements||Sports affairs|
|Day 8||Ratio and proportion||Nonverbal reasoning||Scientific updates|
|Day 9||Age calculations||Blood relations||Technology updates|
|Day 10||Calendar and clock||Statement and conclusions||Indian constitution and affairs|
|Day 11||Data Interpretation||Similarities and differences||Static GK|
|Day 12||Number system||Analytical reasoning||Environmental issues in the world|
|Day 13||Simple and compound interest||Arguments and assumptions||Banking awareness|
|Day 14||Statistics||Data Interpretation||Important dates|
|Day 15||percentage||Decision making||Important books and authors|
|Day 16||Ratio and proportion||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||List of countries, capitals and currencies|
|Day 17||Age calculation||Alphabetical series||Indian soil and agriculture|
|Day 18||Trigonometry||Number Series||List of national parks in India|
|Day 19||Geometry||Analogy and classification||Banking awareness|
|Day 20||Number system||Data Interpretation||Important Awards|
|Day 21||Doubts clearing session||Decision making||Important people|
|Day 22||Doubts clearing sessions||Non-verbal reasoning||List of invention and discoveries|
|Day 23||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Indian monuments and their builders|
|Day 24||Practice sessions||Practice sessions||Attempt static GK Quiz|
|Day 25||List important formulas -geometry||Doubts clearing session||Attempt current affairs quiz- National|
|Day 26||List important formulas-mensuration||Doubts clearing sessions||Attempt current affairs quiz- International|
|Day 27||Attempt previous year papers||Attempt previous year papers||Attempt previous year papers|
|Day 30||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test|
6. Take mock Tests Seriously
Mock test will have questions in the exactly similar pattern as to the main exam. Questions are in the same format and you need to solve in same time limit. Solving mock test gives you a perfect idea about the actual exam.
Few important measures to be kept in mind when you take the mock tests are
- Do not casually take up the mock test. Mock test has to be answered in a complete examination like environment to acquire the complete benefits.
- Do not end it up with just answering the test. Ensure to perform analysis of the test attempted as it assists you to track the progress with instant answer evaluations.
- Mock test will help you identify problem areas, but it can also help reassure you that you indeed know your subject.
- By discovering and confirming your subject matter strengths, you can devote more time to the areas where you really need focus
7. Practice Previous Year Papers
Practice makes a man perfect as the saying goes it is obvious that you can score better with practicing from previous papers. High rank achievers also say that this is the most important strategy when preparing for any competitive examination.
Candidates can download the free pdf of SSC CPO Previous Year Question Paper from here:
- CPO Previous Year Question Papers: SSC CPO Previous Year Question Papers
- SSC CPO Question Paper: SSC CPO Previous Year Question Paper- 02
- SSC CPO Previous Year Question Paper: SSC CPO Previous Year Question Paper-03
8. Self-Motivation is the Key to Success
While preparation strategy is supposed to help you crack the SSC CPO exam you have been vying for, it will not have any impact until you believe in your ability to crack it. It is very important to believe in your efforts and motivate yourself not just to read but to study, not only to get marks for the exam but to gain a deeper conceptual clarity about different topics. This will not only help you ace your examination but also help you in long term. .
‘Don’t work hard, work intelligent’.
How Entri will help you with the study preparation for SSC CPO Examination
Entri provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts