Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu forest department came into existence in 1855 with an objective to manage all protected areas, forests and to preserve environmental and wildlife. The Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee (TNFUSRC) was constituted in 2012 by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The TNFUSRC has released an official notification to recruit candidates to the post of forest guard and forest guard with licence. The online application will begin in January 2020.Candidates interested in working for the Tamil Nadu state of India and those interested to protect the bio diversity of our planet can utilise this opportunity to turn their dream hobby to career. TN Forest Guard Salary and Job profile 2020 will be discussed in this article along with other important topics.
|Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee
|Forest Guard & Forest Guard with Driving Licence
|Starting Date for Submission of online application
|Last Date for Submission of online application
TN forest Guard Job Profile 2020
Forests in Tamil Nadu are administered by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Head of Forest Force) in the I.F.S. cadre, assisted by 8 PCCFs, 16 APCCFs, 25 CCFs, 19 CFs and 39 DCFs.
Administrative set up of the forest Department
The administrative department of the Tamil Nadu Forest Department consists of four categories
- Administrative officer
- Controlling Officer
- Implementing staff
- Protection Staff
Forest Guard and forest Watchers forms the protection department of the TN Forest.
Details of Divisions, Ranges, Sections, Beats of TN Forest Department
The details of the sections in the Forest department of Tamil Nadu
|Forest divisions (Territorial)
|Forest divisions (Special)
|No. of Forest Protection Squads
|No. of ranges (Territorial)
|No. of ranges (Functional)
|No. of sections
|No. of sections (Special)
|No. of Beats
Functioning Pattern of Forest Department Units
The Beat unit is headed by the Forest guard.
|DFO / Dl. FO / WLW / Assistant Conservator of Forests
|Forest Range Officer
|Forest Guard / Forest Watcher
TN forest Guard Salary 2020
The Tamil Nadu forest department provides a very good pay scale for the post of forest guard
Forest Guard- level 5- rs.18, 200/- to Rs. 57, 900
Forest Guard with driving licence- level 5- rs.18, 200/- to Rs. 57, 900
TN forest Guard (TNFUSRC) Vacancy 2020
|Name of the Post
|No. of vacancies (Tentative)
|Forest Guard With Driving Licence
TN Forest Guard (TNFUSRC) – Eligibility criteria
1. Age limit
For general ad Ex-servicemen
The candidate with a minimum age of 21 years and maximum of 30 years can apply for the post
For SCs, SC (A)s, STs, MBCs/DTs, BCs and BCMs and DWs of all Castes
The candidate with a minimum age of 21 years and maximum of 35 years can apply for the post
2. Educational Qualification
The candidate should be a pass in Higher Secondary Course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology or Botany as one of the Subjects.
Forest Guard with Driving Licence
- The candidate should be a pass in Higher Secondary Course or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology or Botany as one of the subjects
- The candidate should hold a valid driving licence issued by the competent Transport Authority
- The candidate should hold a first aid certificate issued by the recognized organization in Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate should possess a certificate from a reputed firm or company to the effect that the candidate possesses experience in driving of Light motor vehicles / Heavy Motor Vehicles for a period of not less than three years after getting the driving licence.
3. Physical Standards
The candidate should meet the physical stand criteria mentioned below to be eligible for the exam.
|79 (round the chest) on full expiration
|84 on full inspiration
|Female and third gender
|74 (round the chest) on full expiration
|79 on full inspiration
The visual standard of the applicant should meet the following requirements without glasses.
- Right Eye Left Eye Distant vision 6/6 6/6 Near Vision 0.5 0.5 (Snellen)
- Both eye must have full field of vision.
- Colour blindness, Squint or any morbid condition of the eyes or lies of either eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification.
- Lasik / Laser Surgery / Excimer Laser Surgery underwent by the candidate in either of the eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification
- The applicant must get a certificate from the District Government Head Quarter Hospital that confirms all the above mentioned standard.
Concession for Transgender in TN Forest Guard 2020
Following are the information for the transgender candidate if interested to apply for the post of forest guard in TNFUSRC
- A transgender candidate who applies for this post as third gender candidate, shall be eligible for vacancies reserved for women and vacancies under the General category.
- If a Transgender candidate applies as a female candidate, then they have to produce self-declaration supported by ID card issued by Tamil Nadu third gender welfare board. Also, they will be considered against the vacancies reserved for women as well as general vacancies.
- If a Transgender candidate applies as a male candidate, then they have to produce self-declaration supported by ID card issued by Tamil Nadu third gender welfare board. Also, they will be considered against the vacancies for general category.
- A transgender candidate has to qualify the physical standard and endurance test for male candidates if applied as a male candidate.
- A transgender candidate has to qualify the physical standard and endurance test for female candidates if applied as a female candidate.
How Entri will help you with the preparation TNFUSRC Examination
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.
Entri wishes you all the best for the upcoming examination.