Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu forest department came into existence in 1855 with an objective to manage all protected areas, forests and to preserve environmental and wildlife. The Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee (TNFUSRC) was constituted in 2012 by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The TNFUSRC has released an official notification to recruit candidates to the post of forest guard and forest guard with licence. The online application will begin in January 2020.Candidates interested in working for the Tamil Nadu state of India and those interested to protect the bio diversity of our planet can utilise this opportunity to turn their dream hobby to career. In this article we will give a step by step procedure on completing the TN Forest Guard (TNFUSRC) online Application thus making it easier to begin your journey.
TN Forest Guard (TNFUSRC)– Important Details
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee|
|Job Type||State Government.|
|Advertisement No||Advertisement No.2/2019|
|Job Name||Forest Guard & Forest Guard with Driving Licence|
|Salary||Rs.18, 200- Rs.57, 900|
|Starting Date for Submission of online application||Jan 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of online application||Feb 2020|
Once you are clear with the important details and dates, let us now look into the eligibility criteria to get into the post of forest guard in TNFUSRC.
TN Forest Guard (TNFUSRC) – Eligibility criteria
1. Age limit
For general and Ex-servicemen
The candidate with a minimum age of 21 years and maximum of 30 years can apply for the post
For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DTs, BCs and BCMs and DWs of all Castes
The candidate with a minimum age of 21 years and maximum of 35 years can apply for the post
2. Educational Qualification
The candidate should be a pass in Higher Secondary Course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology or Botany as one of the Subjects.
Forest Guard with Driving Licence
- The candidate should be a pass in Higher Secondary Course or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology or Botany as one of the subjects
- The candidate should hold a valid driving licence issued by the competent Transport Authority
- The candidate should hold a first aid certificate issued by the recognized organization in Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate should possess a certificate from a reputed firm or company to the effect that the candidate possesses experience in driving of Light motor vehicles / Heavy Motor Vehicles for a period of not less than three years after getting the driving licence.
3. Physical Standards
The candidate should meet the physical stand criteria mentioned below to be eligible for the exam.
|category||Height (cm)||Chest (cm)|
|163||79 (round the chest) on full expiration
|84 on full inspiration|
|Female and third gender||150||74 (round the chest) on full expiration
|79 on full inspiration|
The visual standard of the applicant should meet the following requirements without glasses.
- Right Eye Left Eye Distant vision 6/6 6/6 Near Vision 0.5 0.5 (Snellen)
- Both eye must have full field of vision.
- Colour blindness, Squint or any morbid condition of the eyes or lies of either eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification.
- Lasik / Laser Surgery / Excimer Laser Surgery underwent by the candidate in either of the eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification
- The applicant must get a certificate from the District Government Head Quarter Hospital that confirms all the above mentioned standard.
TN forest Guard (TNFUSRC) Online Application 2020
Once you make sure that you are eligible to appear for the examination, next step is to fill in the TNFUSRC online application form
Following are the steps involved in submitting the online application form
|Step 1|| Visit the official website www.forests.tn.gov.in.
|Step 2||In homepage click on a link titled “TNFUSRC Forest Guard/Forest Guard with driving licence Notification 2019-2020”
|Step 3||Select the post to which you wish to submit the application for
|Step 4||Download the information brochure and read the details before applying for the post
|Step 5||If you are eligible for the post then click on the apply online link
|Step 6||Fill in the following details in the application form
Name of the candidate.
Candidate’s communal category (religion).
Educational qualification of the candidate.
Date of birth.
Centre of the examination.
|Step 7||Upload scanned photograph, signature and other certificates
|Step 8||Make the payment online
|Step 9||Press on submit button after ensuring the correctness of the detailed filled in the application form
|Step 10||Registration number and password will appear on the screen after successful registration of the application
|Step 11||Take a print of the system generated application form for recruitment purpose
TN forest Guard (TNFUSRC) scanned image specification
While filling the application form, candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, relevant documents and signature. Given below are the specification as per the TNFUSRC.
|Criteria||Photograph specification||Signature specification|
|Size||20-50 KB||10-20 KB|
Application Fees of TNFUSRC Online registration
Below tabulated are the details of the fee structure for different applicants applying for the examination
|SC /ST||Rs. 150/-|
|General candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|OBC candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|EWS candidates||Rs. 300/-|
Mode of Payment
The application fee must be paid through a secured connection (https) and online payment gateway. Candidates can use their debit/credit card or any other digital payment platform.
Concession for Transgender in TN Forest Guard 2020
Following are the information for the transgender candidate if interested to apply for the post of forest guard in TNFUSRC
- A transgender candidate who applies for this post as third gender candidate, shall be eligible for vacancies reserved for women and vacancies under the General category.
- If a Transgender candidate applies as a female candidate, then they have to produce self-declaration supported by ID card issued by Tamil Nadu third gender welfare board. Also, they will be considered against the vacancies reserved for women as well as general vacancies.
- If a Transgender candidate applies as a male candidate, then they have to produce self-declaration supported by ID card issued by Tamil Nadu third gender welfare board. Also, they will be considered against the vacancies for general category.
- A transgender candidate has to qualify the physical standard and endurance test for male candidates if applied as a male candidate.
- A transgender candidate has to qualify the physical standard and endurance test for female candidates if applied as a female candidate.
How Entri will help you with the preparation TNFUSRC Examination
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
“Failing to prepare is preparing to fail” hence before its late begin your preparation for the exam
Entri wishes you all the best for the upcoming examination