Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from December 28 to January 03, 2020-21 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2020-21 December 28 to January 03
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week December 28 to January 03, 2020 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Suneet Sharma takes over as new Chairman & CEO of Railway Board
- Suneet Sharma, a Special Class Railway Apprentice Officer of the 1978-batch, has been appointed as the new Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Railway Board, Ministry of Railways and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India.
- He took over in his new role with effect from January 01, 2021.
- Prior to this, Suneet Sharma was working as General Manager in Eastern Railway.
Justice Rajindar Sachar Autobiography ‘In Pursuit of Justice’ released posthumously
- The autobiography of late Justice Rajindar Sachar, titled, “In Pursuit of Justice: An Autobiography”, was launched posthumously by Sachar’s family on the occasion of his birth anniversary on 29 December 2020.
- The book was launched through virtual platform, in association with The Indian Society of International Law and The Indian Law Institute.
- The book is a story of a great jurist who was an even a greater human being, as he delivered a lot to the society and did not allowed politics to cloud his judgements.
- Justice Sachar is most remembered for the Sachar Committee report of 2006 which documented the social and economic condition of Muslims in India.
Cabinet Approves Export of indigenously-developed Akash Missile System
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal to export indigenously-developed Akash Missile System.
- The Cabinet has also approved to set up of a committee for faster approvals of exports..
- The export version of Akash will be different from System currently deployed with Indian Armed Forces.
Indian Railways’ new Vistadome coach successfully completes 180 kmph speed trial
- Recently, the Indian Railways successfully completed the 180 km per hour speed trial of its new design Vistadome tourist coaches.
- The luxurious tourists coaches have been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.
- These Vistadome coaches will make train journeys memorable for the passengers, as well as give a further boost to tourism
Kerala’s 21-yr-old Arya Rajendran becomes India’s youngest mayor from Thiruvananthapuram
- Arya Rajendran, the 21-year-old college student, has been elected the new mayor of Thiruvananthapuram Corporation, of Kerala.
- The CPI(M) leader, Arya is the youngest person in India to occupy the post of mayor anywhere in the country.
- She won 54 votes out of 99 votes cast in the civic body polls in Kerala.
Harsh Vardhan launches India’s first indigenous pneumonia vaccine ‘Pneumosil’ developed by SII
- The Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched India’s first indigenously developed vaccine against pneumonia on 28 December 2020.
- The Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) named ‘Pneumosil’ has been developed by Pune-based Serum Institute of India (SII) in collaboration with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and PATH, an international, nonprofit global health organization based in Seattle.
- The vaccine will provide protection against 10 variants of pneumococcus bacteria that causes pneumonia, meningitis, ear, and blood infections in children.
- Pneumococcal disease is the largest contributor of under-five mortality rate worldwide.
Anshu Malik secures silver at Individual World Cup to win India’s first medal at the event
- Indian wrestler Anshu Malik has become the first wrestler of the country to finish on the podium position at the Individual Wrestling World Cup in Belgrade, Serbia.
- The 19-year-old won a silver medal in the women’s 57kg category to claim first international medal of the tournament for the country.
- She lost to Moldova’s Anastasia Nichita 5-1 in the final.
MS Dhoni named captain of ICC Men’s ODI and T20I Teams of the Decade
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the ICC Teams of the Decade on 27 December 2020, based on the performances, consistency of players over the period of last 10 years.
- Former Indian captain and wicket-keeper batsman Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as the captain of the ICC ODI Team of the Decade.
- He has also been named the skipper of the ICC T20I Team of the Decade.
- Similarly, Virat Kohli has been named the captain of the ICC Test Team of the Decade. R Ashwin is the only other Indian in this list.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.