Current affairs are one of the inevitable and compulsive topics in almost every competitive examination. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs sections. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from June 07 to 13, 2021, which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 June 07 to 13
Here is the list of top current affairs of the week June 07 to 13, 2021, which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking, etc.
European Space Agency to Launch ‘EnVision’ Mission to Venus in 2030
- Following the steps of NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA), is now developing its own probe to study Venus, for a holistic view of the planet from its inner core to the upper atmosphere.
- The mission, dubbed EnVision, will probably be launched to the planet in early 2030.
- The EnVision probe of ESA will determine how and why Venus and Earth evolved so differently, even while being in the habitable zone to the Sun.
- ESA will undertake this mission with contributions from NASA.
Zimbabwean Novelist Tsitsi Dangarembga wins 2021 PEN Pinter Prize
- Noted Zimbabwean novelist Tsitsi Dangarembga has been declared the winner of the 2021 Pen Pinter Prize.
- She has won for charting the development of Zimbabwe from a British colony to an autocratic and troubled free state through her writing career of 30-years.
- The PEN Pinter Prize is an annual literary prize established in 2009 in memory of Nobel-laureate playwright Harold Pinter.
Assam Officially Declares Dihing Patkai as States 7th National Park
- The Government of Assam has officially notified the Dihing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary as a National Park on June 09, 2021. With this, the total number of National Parks in the state has increased to 7.
- Assam now has the third-highest National Parks in India, after Madhya Pradesh (12) and Andaman and Nicobar Islands (9).
- The Dehing Patkai National Park lies in the Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts of Assam over an area of 231.65 km2 (89.44 sq mi) rainforest.
- It is a major habitat for Elephants but comprises several other species of reptiles and mammals among others.
World Day Against Child Labour: 12th June
- The World Day Against Child Labour is held every year on June 12 to raise awareness and activism to prevent child labour.
- The theme for 2021 is Act now: End child labour!.
- It is an International Labour Organization (ILO)-sanctioned holiday first launched in 2002, and is intended to foster the worldwide movement against child labour in any of its forms.
Indian Educationist Ranjitsinh Disale Appointed as Education Advisor to World Bank
- Ranjitsinh Disale, the first Indian teacher to win the prestigious Global Teacher Award in 2020, has now been appointed as an Education Advisor to the World Bank international advisory board, which aims to improve teaching quality..
- He is among the 12 advisors appointed from all over the world and will be representing India.
- Mr. Disale, who hails from Paritewadi in the Solapur district of Maharashtra, will serve as the World Bank Education Advisor for the period from June 2021 to June 2024.
World Food Safety Day: 7th June
- World Food Safety Day is celebrated every year on June 7 to remind people of the need to have safer and healthy food for a disease-free life.
- Theme 2021: ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’
- The day was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018.
- The first World Food Safety Day (WFSD) was held on 7 June 2019.
Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind Wins International Business Book of the Year Award 2021
- The book titled ‘Transformation in Times of Crisis’, authored by Nitin Rakesh and Jerry Wind, has won the prestigious International Business Book of the Year Award for 2021.
- The book is published by Notion Press and available globally on Amazon in both Hardcover and eBook format.
- The Business Book Awards is one of the biggest and most prestigious awards for business book writers all over the world.
El Salvador becomes the world’s first country to declare bitcoin as legal tender
- El Salvador has become the first country in the world to grant legal tender status to bitcoin.
- The use of bitcoin as legal tender will become law in 90 days.
- El Salvador’s economy heavily relies on remittances and so those who are working abroad can send money back home in bitcoins.
- The use of bitcoin will be totally optional.
- It will bring financial inclusion, investment, tourism, innovation, and economic development to the country.
- El Salvador Capital: San Salvador; Currency: United States Dollar
Former Mongolia PM Ukhnaa Khurelsukh wins 2021 Presidential Election
- Former Mongolian Prime Minister Ukhnaa Khurelsukh has been elected as the sixth President of the country on June 09, 2021.
- Khurelsukh won the 2021 Mongolian presidential election with a landslide victory,
- He will assume charge of the office on 10 July 2021.
2021 Pulitzer Prize Winners
- The Pulitzer Prize is the top US journalism award presented annually for excellence in newspaper, magazine, and online journalism, literary achievements, and musical composition.
- Pulitzer prizes are awarded in twenty-one categories. Each winner receives a certificate and a USD 15,000 cash award in 20 categories, while in one of the categories namely, the public service category, the winner gets a gold medal.
- International Reporting – Megha Rajagopalan, Alison Killing, and Christo Buschek of BuzzFeed News.
- Poetry Postcolonial Love Poem, by Natalie Diaz (Graywolf Press)
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice the daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide a free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.