Table of Contents
Telangana State Public Service Commission has released notification regarding 91000+ vacancies in various government departments. This is a great opportunity for those looking to build a career in the government sector. This article throws light on the various posts in the organization as well as the job profile for each post. This will give the applicants a clear idea about the post they are aspiring for.
TSPSC Job Profile 2022
The various posts under the Telangana State Public Service Commission is classified into four groups:
- Group 1
- Group 2
- Group 3
- Group 4
Read on to know more about the job profile for each group.
Group 1 Category
- The Deputy Collector is a State Administrative Service officer in charge of revenue collection and administration of a sub-division in India.
- He/ She deals with Social Security Schemes, Land Matters and arms licensing etc.
- The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District.
- He/ She is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
Deputy Superintendent of Police
- A Deputy Superintendent of Police follows all the commands of the Superintendent of Police of the State and works under his supervision.
- He / she has to ensure that all the local and special laws are followed
- A Deputy Superintendent looks after the discipline of his fellow mates in the police station and proper decorum is maintained in the police station.
- A Deputy Superintendent has to take crucial decisions depending upon how critical is the case, hence his call is the final call in any matter of importance.
- A DSP can be posted in rural or remote areas, depending upon which he will have to take the necessary actions and maintain law and justice in the area.
- The supervision of all the cases and all the related investigations are his responsibility. He has to visit all the crime scenes by himself and make sure that the investigations are done properly.
- He has to coordinate with the patrol teams and make sure all the areas are being patrolled regularly for malicious activity.
- DSP Officers are also responsible for operating preventive sections of Code of Criminal Conduct.
- In the absence of Superintendent of Police he has to take charge of any high priority case, he has to supervise his juniors and investigate crimes to prevent them from happening again and again.
- Taking a surprise roll call during the night shifts is also done by a DSP. It is done to ensure that all the Police officers are doing the duties they are assigned during their designated shifts.
Commercial Tax Officer
- Commercial Tax Officer has to support the development and implementation of tax strategy.
- He/ she has to collect commercial taxes with the help of subordinate personnel, fix commercial taxes for commercial vehicles in different heads.
- He has to maintain revenue records, fix taxes to be collected from various authorities and file pay-role, sales and property taxes.
- Monitors the periodical filing of return (monthly, quarterly, annually, final) by dealers and collection of tax, the maintenance of various registers and records related to dealers, and for the approval and issue of statutory forms.
- Whenever CCT and Additional CCT visits, the records of previous inspection and compliance will be checked.
District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
- The District Panchayat Officer performs statutory functions such as Audit of Panchayats and Inspection of Panchayats.
- He/ she guides the Panchayat Presidents in the administration of Panchayats and in the implementation of various development programs.
- District Registrar is a District level officer under Registration and stamp department of commercial Tax.
- He has to supervise the Registering Authority.
- District Registrar (DR) is a appellate court for determination of true market value of properties and stamp duties
- He is also the collector of stamp of a District.
He is also the member Secretary of district level committee for preparation of guidelines of a district or collector rate of properties.
Divisional Fire Officer
- The Fire Safety Officer performs regular fire safety inspections of all facilities under their care, ensuring that they meet all necessary codes and regulations. They also respond to fire emergencies and arson crimes, investigating and reporting the causes of fire and taking appropriate responsive actions.
- The Fire Safety Officer must keep abreast of all local and federal codes and regulations. They are also often responsible for acquiring necessary buildings permits, so they must remain knowledgeable of the permit procedures and requirements.
- Maintenance is an important part of the Fire Safety Officer’s job. He or she must maintain all fire safety equipment in the building, such as fire extinguishers and other fire-suppression equipment, replacing dysfunctional equipment when it cannot be fixed. They perform preventative work on buildings and equipment as well to reduce the need for maintenance and replacement.
- Fire Safety Officer is also responsible for providing education and training to all company and facility staff members. They must ensure that staff is adequately aware of fire safety code and preventative measures in order to facilitate the safety of a building and its employees and reduce violations.
- After inspecting buildings, if the Fire Safety Officer has identified any code violations or failures to adhere to appropriate regulations, he or she is responsible for addressing these violations. This can include performing maintenance, submitting work orders for building updates, and implementing any necessary disciplinary actions.
Group 2 Category
- He/ she has to guide the subordinates in Revenue departments.
- He is responsible for the collection of revenue through different particulars and maintaining revenue records.
- He has to work on all the instructions given by the Collector and other senior officials.
- He has to issue various registration and other certificates to the residents within the Tehsil of his appointment.
Prohibition and Excise Sub Inspector
- He/ she is responsible for the collection of excise fee every month.
- He should inspect all the excise licensee under his jurisdiction.
- He will have to gathering information regarding illicit manufacture and sale of illicit liquor and arrange regular raids for the same.
- He has to maintain registers and files and submit statements of itineration.
Assistant Development Officer
- He/ she has to assists leads in short and long time strategic planning activities.
- He supervises and trains employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- He is directly accountable to the District Registrar for the implementation and supervision of all policies and procedures.
- He has to take up the responsibilities of the Registrar in the absence of the incumbent
Group 3 Category
- He advises government agencies regarding financial management.
- He tests the current processes and identifies areas for improvement
- He communicates risks and other issues.
- He collates, checks and analyzes spreadsheet data, examines the accounts and financial control systems.
Assistant Section Officer
- He/ she does clerical work like completing files and making reports, routine noting, drafting, writing a letter, and putting them up to the higher authorities
- He monitors the implementation of policies and ensures the continuity in the policies laid by the government.
- It is primarily a desk job.
Senior accountant has to prepare financial reports and perform account reconciliations
He maintains the general ledger, prepares tax returns and assists with audit preparations.
He performs all the accounting duties.
Group 4 Category
- Junior accountant does journal entries and updates updating financial statements.
- He/ she maintains accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- He has to prepare financial reports.
- He assists in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements.
- He/ she notes down the speech given during a press conference or similar events.
- He helps the Public Relation Officer by typing the information that needs to be passed on to the public.
- He/ she fulfills routine office works like dispatching, typing, recording and indexing of files, preparation of statements, file registering etc.
- Junior Assistant will also have to do other works assigned by higher authorities from time to time.
- He evaluates whether public funds are used according to the mandate associated with the funds.
TSPSC Salary 2022
The salary of employees under Telangana State Public Service Commission differs according to their group and grade. The table below shows the salary scale for various posts.
Group 1 Category
|Deputy Collector||Rs.20,680 – Rs.46,960/-|
|Commercial Tax Officer||Rs.20,680 – Rs.46,960/-|
|Deputy Superintendent of Jails||Rs.20,680 – Rs.46,960/-|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||Rs.20,680 – Rs.46,960/-|
|Divisional Fire Officer||Rs.19,050 – Rs.45,850/-|
|District Backward Castes Welfare Officer||Rs.19,050 – Rs.45,850/-|
|District Panchayat Raj Officer||Rs.19,050 – Rs.45,850/-|
|Regional Transport Officer||Rs.19,050 – Rs.45,850/-|
|District Social Welfare officer||Rs.19,050 – Rs.45,850/-|
|District Registrar||Rs.18,030 – Rs.43,630/-|
|District Employment Officer||Rs.18,030 – Rs.43,630/-|
|Assistant Treasury Officer||Rs.18,030 – Rs.43,630/-|
|Deputy Registrar||Rs.18,030 – Rs.43,630/-|
|Municipal Commissioner Grade||Rs.16,150 – Rs.42,590/|
|Mandal Parishad Development Officer||Rs.16,150 – Rs.42,590/|
|Lay Secretary/Administrative Officer||Rs.16,150 – Rs.42,590/|
|Assistant Prohibition and Excise Superintendent||Rs.16,150 – Rs.42,590/|
|Assistant Audit Officer (AAO)||Rs.16,150 – Rs.42,590/|
Group 2 Category
|Municipal Commissioner Grade-III||Rs.29,760 – Rs.80,930/-|
|Assistant Registrar||Rs.29,760 – Rs.80,930/-|
|Extension Officer||Rs.29,760 – Rs.80,930/-|
|Assistant Commercial Tax Officer/ Sub-Registrar Grade-II||Rs.28,940 – Rs.78,910/-|
|Deputy Tahsildar||Rs.28,940 – Rs.78,910/-|
|Executive Officer Grade-I/ Assistant Labor Officer||Rs.28,940 – Rs.78,910/-|
|Prohibition and Excise Sub Inspector||Rs. 26,600 – Rs.77,030/-|
|Assistant Development Officer||Rs.26,600 – Rs.77,030/-|
Group 3 Category
|Senior Accountant||Rs. 10,900 – Rs. 31,550/-|
|Auditor||Rs. 10,900 – Rs. 31,550/-|
|Assistant Section Officer||Rs. 10,900 – Rs. 31,550/-|
|Typist cum Assistant||Rs. 10,900 – Rs. 31,550/-|
Group 4 Category
|Junior Assistants||Rs. 8440 – Rs. 24950/-|
|Junior Accountants||Rs. 8440 – Rs. 24950/-|
|Junior Stenographers||Rs. 8440 – Rs. 24950/-|
TSPSC Allowances and Benefits
Apart from the basic salary, TSPSC provided attractive benefits and allowances to it’s employees. The percentage of allowance depends upon the group of posting. The allowances paid by the Commission are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance
- Study Leaves
- Medical Facility
- Telephone/ Mobile Connection
- Internet Facility
- Travelling Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions. Our coaching has helped several PSC aspirants crack the exam.