Table of Contents
National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued advanced information slip of exam cities for the fourth phase of UGC NET December 2022 exam. Candidates can login to ugcnet.nta.nic.in and check it.
Before the UGC NET phase-4 admit card was published, the exam city notification slip was released. Candidates who have applied for UGC NET December 2022 can access the exam intimation slips by going to ugcnet.nta.nic.in and logging in with their application numbers and birthdates. On 11 & 12 March 2023, the fourth phase of the UGC NET December 2022 examinations will be held.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Highlights
The highlights of the UGC NET 2023 exam are given below.
|Exam Name||UGC NET (University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online – CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|No. of Applicants||12,67,000 (in 2021)|
|No. of Test-takers||6,71,288 (in 2021)|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|No. of Papers and Total Marks||
|Total Questions||50 MCQs in Paper 1 and 100 MCQs in Paper 2|
|Language/Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Exam Purpose||Determine the eligibility of candidates for posts of only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges|
|No. of Test Cities||541|
|Official Website & Helpline No.||
Exam City Intimation Slip Steps to Download
- Visit the official website of UGC
- Click on the ‘exam city intimation slip link for UGC NET Dec 2022 Phase 4’ link on the homepage
- Enter the login credentials
- The window will display the exam city intimation slip
- Check all the details, download it as a PDF & take a printout as well for future reference
UGC NET Phase 4 Exam Date
UGC NET Phase 4 exam date has been announced by the NTA on the official website on March 6, 2023. Along with the exam dates, the advance city intimation slip has been released for the UGC NET Phase 4 exams. The dates and schedule for the UGC NET Phase 4 has been given below:
|UGC NET Phase 4 Subjects||Date||Shift|
|Computer Science and Application||11-Mar-2023||Shift 2|
|Law||12- Mar-2023||Shit 1|
|Management (including Business Admn.
Mgt./Marketing / Marketing Mgt. / Industrial
Relations and Personnel Mgt. / Personnel Mgt. /
Financial Mgt. /Co-operative Management)
UGC NET Answer Key 2023
The UGC NET answer key 2023 will be released by the NTA on the official website. Candidates can download the answer key by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Answer Key ’link
- Go through the corrected answers- date-wise, shift-wise and subject-wise
- Download the PDF
UGC NET Result 2023
The UGC NET result 2023 will be announced by the NTA through the normalization of scores. The NTA uses the percentile scores method to calculate the UGC NET result. Candidates can check their results by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Click on the result link
- Enter the details – application number, date of birth and security pin
- Download the scorecard
Have a look at the minimum qualifying marks of the UGC NET exam below.
|Categories||Aggregate Minimum Qualifying Marks in Both Papers (in %)|
|SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwD/Transgender||35|
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2023
The basic criteria that candidates must fulfil to meet UGC NET eligibility 2023 are mentioned below in terms of the age limit and qualification:
UGC NET Age Limit 2023:
- Candidates should not be more than 30 years of age in order to be eligible for NTA NET JRF.
- There is no age restriction to applying for the post of Assistant Professor.
- A relaxation of five years in age criteria is given to reserved category candidates.
Educational Qualification 2023:
- Candidates should have completed their post-graduation from a UGC-recognized college/university.
- A relaxation of five per cent in educational qualification is given to reserved category candidates.
- Candidates who have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 1, 2002, are exempted from taking the UGC NET exam.
UGC NET 2023 Exam: Major Changes
The NTA and UGC have introduced certain changes in the conduct of the UGC NET exam this year. Have a look at the major changes introduced by the NTA for the UGC NET 2023 exam below:
- Hike in application fee: The NTA has hiked the UGC NET application fee from the December 2021 & June 2022 merged cycles. General category candidates now need to pay INR 1,100, General-EWS/OBC-NCL need to pay INR 550 and SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category needs to pay INR 275 as application fees.
- Number of subjects increased to 83: The UGC has increased the UGC NET subjects list to 83 by introducing a new subject- ‘Hindu Studies’ (Subject code 102) to the list of subjects.
- Exam center cities added: The UGC NET 2023 exam will be conducted in a total of 541 exam center cities. The UGC NET 2021 exam was held in 239 cities.
- Answer key challenge fee reduced: The NTA has reduced the provisional UGC NET answer key 2022 challenge fee from INR 1,000 to INR 200 per challenge.
|UGC NET Phase 4 Admit card 2023 Out||How to Prepare for NET Exam in English?|
|UGC NET Syllabus 2023||How to Prepare for NET Exam in Commerce?|
|UGC NET Phase 3 Admit Card 2023 Released||UGC NET Selection Process 2022|