Table of Contents
The United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) is a United Nations Organization whose aim is to help countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. Headquartered in Newyork city, UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories. Major priority areas of United nation development programming work is concentrated mainly focused areas are Democratic governance and peace building, Climate and Disaster resilience and sustainable development. UNDP’s Programmes are aligned with national priorities and are reviewed and adjusted annually. Achim Steiner became United Nation Development Programme Administrator on 19 June 2017. The United Nation General Assembly confirmed his appointment. In April 2021 the general assembly confirmed his appointment to a second four year term beginning in June 2021.
For the detailed knowledge of United Nation Development Programme you can go through the link of UNDP home page.
Formation of UNDP
The United nation development programme was established on 22 November1965 in the United States. Its parent organization is the United Nations general assembly. UNDP is based on the merging of the United Nations expanded programme created in 1949 and the United Nations special fund established in 1958 together in 1966. India has been a full member of the United Nation Development Programme since the foundation itself, in almost all areas of human development. Location of the United Nation Development Programme in India is Guwahati, Assam(for the North-East), Chandigarh, Haryana, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
United Nation Development Goals
United Nations development programme mainly focusing on the full development of the country and the factors given below are the development goals of the United Nation development programme.
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender Equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- peace justice and strong institution
- partnerships for the goals
The United Nation development programme is helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
UNDP helps countries to develop policies ,leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
To speak of real change and ensure we leave no one behind during the Covid 19 pandemic, we must gain a holistic understanding of the lives of people affected by poverty.
The United nation development programme provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
UNDP works on their own solution to global and national development challenges.
The UNDP projects provide support to every economic and social sector like agriculture, industry, education, and science, health, social welfare ,etc..
If you are passionate about world development and make a difference then you can join UNDP Career. UNDP provides good career opportunities and you can achieve a stable career growth in terms of gender, nation, culture through the United Nation Development Programme. You can get good jobs and internships as well. UNDP does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process. View current vacancies jobs.undp.org
How to apply for jobs in UNDP?
- First of all you have to Register in the UNDP job portal official page.
- Then you get a login id as username name and password.
- You check through the current job opening or latest jobs in UNDP.
- If you want to apply for internships. You can go through the portal.
Objectives OF UNDP
- UNDP is to help poor countries on the development of human and natural resources. It is a main source of funds for technical assistance.
- The project of UNDP provides necessary help in economics and social fields like agriculture, industries, science , health hospital, administration, nursing services and social welfare.
- The contribution for the budget for this programme is made by the member countries of the United Nations in their annual meeting.
Activities OF UNDP
UNDP helps countries to build and share solutions to meet the challenges. The organization for global development .UNDP links and coordinates global and national efforts to achieve the millennium development goals agreed upon by all member states in 2000, and the goals and natural development priorities laid out by host countries.
UNDP primarily focuses on five developmental challenges :-
- Democratic governance
- Poverty reduction
- Crisis prevention and recovery
- Environmental and energy
Entri App provides you with the best knowledge in GK and coaches candidates on different exams in your local language. Download Entri App!