Table of Contents
AP Police SI And Constable Examinations provides a perfect platform for aspirants who are interested to build their career in the defense sector. In this article we will discuss why AP police SI is the most sought among the various prestigious departments of the government of India. We will discuss about the job profile, career growth and salary structure of Sub Inspectors and Constables posts of the AP Police Department
Andhra Pradesh State Level Police Recruitment Board (APSLPRB) is a state level organization formed specially to recruit eligible candidates for state level police jobs. Andhra Pradesh State level Police Recruitment Board (APSLPRB) came in to existence in 1985. The Andhra Pradesh Police Department plays a very important role in maintaining law and order in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is headed by the Director General of police, Damodar Gautam Sawang.
APSLPRB recruitment process takes place every year for various posts like Assistant Public Prosecutor, Constable (Civil, AR, APSP), Stipendiary Cadet Trainee (SCT) Sub Inspectors of Police (Civil) (Men & Women), Stipendiary Cadet Trainee Reserve Sub Inspectors of Police (AR) (Men & Women), Stipendiary Cadet Trainee Reserve Sub Inspectors of Police (APSP) (Men) in Police Department, Deputy Jailors (Men), Deputy Jailors (Women, Station Fire Officers, Warder, Firemen , Driver Operator Etc. Every year thousands of vacancies are announced to fill in the positions of these posts.
AP Police SI Constable Job Profile 2020
The sub Inspectors of Andhra Pradesh has to mainly look into he four major areas of the police sector.
- Law and Order
- Investigation and Prosecution
- Railway Police Stations
- Station House Officers (General)
Roles and Responsibilities of AP Police Sub Inspector
Let us now look into the roles and responsibilities of the sub inspectors in each of these sectors
1. Law and Order-SI
- The SI has to actively participate in crime prevention and detection, maintenance of law and order and anti-terror operations, dispersal of unlawful assemblies and prevention of breach of peace and public order.
- Should organize beats and patrols and its personal supervision.
- Should maintain an effective surveillance over bad characters and anti-social elements.
- Should take up the leadership role and supervise the duties and work of all the staff under him including their welfare, discipline and morale.
- Should obtain t information about activities in the field of Communal, Caste, Political, Student, or other segments of society including subversive elements
- Should identify trouble spots and trouble mongers take effective preventive measures
2. Investigation and Prosecution-SI
- The SI is responsible for the investigation of all cases reported in his jurisdiction
- He should register all cognizable cases furnishing a copy to the complainant invariably free of cost and send the original F.I.R to the courts concerned immediately and copies to his superior officer.
- He should promptly arrive at the scene of crime and thoroughly examine the scene to get clues for investigation.
- He should make necessary arrangements for the preservation of the scene.
- He should immediately conduct investigation by identifying, preserving, collecting and forwarding of material, to scientific experts, and collection of documentary and oral evidence.
- He should take all necessary steps to promptly prosecute the cases where evidence is sufficient
3. Railway Police Stations-SI
- The Sub-Inspectors of Railway police shall perform the duties as local police.
- They should keep themselves aware with the functioning of the Railway, the details of all trains that pass through and the nature of crime that occurs at the station.
- The should involve in the prevention of thefts
- They should check for the maintenance of order on platform, ticket windows, parcel offices, cloak rooms.
- They should assure the security arrangements.
- They should initiate actions in case of incidents.
4. Station House Officers (general)-SI
- The Sub-Inspector in charge of a Police Station is responsible for the Police administration of his charge.
- He is be responsible for proper management of the station and optimum utilization of the resources and facilities available.
- He has to manage the staff and work of the police station in accordance with the law and rules and to make the police station a place where the needy public gets necessary and immediate response.
Roles and Responsibilities of AP Police Constable (General)
- A Constable should be the most accessible person to the public.
- He should to protect the needy, rescue people from danger, apprehend offenders and assist in securing prompt help and justice.
- He should perform duties in beats, patrols and pickets.
- He should execute warrants and serve summons promptly.
- He has to be present to escort prisoners, arrested persons.
- He should also escort injured or dead to the hospital.
- He is in charge to guard the prisoners in custody and all station property.
- Should be of assistance when dealing with Floods, Earthquakes, Fires, Accidents, Epidemics etc. and put in responsible efforts to save lives and property.
- He has to perform allotted duties in Fairs, Festivals, Agitations, Riots, Large assemblies, Elections.
- He should preserve and guard the scene of occurrence until necessity ceases.
Roles and Responsibilities of AP Police Head Constable (General)
- He acts as S.H.O. in the absence of Sub-Inspector and Asst. Sub-Inspector.
- He is authorized to hold inquests and make investigation when asked by the Sub-Inspector to do so.
- Should be in charge of general duty in police station
- Perform duties assigned by S.H.O
- Should be in charge of escort when assigned
- Should attend the court work under the instruction of S.H.O.
- Should investigate cases when assigned by the S.H.O. and to assist in investigation.
- To conduct inquiry of petty complaints.
- To take care of arrested persons kept in police station.
- To take care of reception and proper behavior with the people coming to police station and to attend telephone calls.
- To visit villages in the station jurisdiction when deputed for a specific purpose.
Career Growth of an AP Police from police Constable to Director General of police
The scope of promotion and career growth is promising in the Police Department.The candidate’s promotion solely depends on his performance, record of accomplishment, and conduct during the service period.
- Police Constable (PC)
- Head Constable (HC)
- Assistant Sub Inspector of Police (ASI)
- Assistant Sub Inspector of Police (ASI)
- Inspector of Police (Insp)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Superintendent of Police (SP)
- Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG)
- Inspector General of Police (IGP)
- Director General of Police (Addl.DGP)
- Director General of Police (DGP)
AP Police SI and Constable Salary 2020
The police Department is one of the well paid jobs among the departments of government of India. Let us look into the payment structure of the SI and Constable Posts.
|Post Name||6th CPC pay scale||Grade Pay||6th CPC Initial basic Pay||7th CPC pay scale||Gross salary per month in Rs|
|Constable||50, 020- 20,-200||2000||7, 200||21, 700||30,000-40,000|
|Sub Inspector||9,300-34, 800||4,200||13, 500||35, 400||49,000-64,000|
|Deputy Superintendent of police||9000-34,800||5,400||14, 700||53, 100||75,000-94,000|
Click the below links for more details on AP Police SI and Constable Recruitment Examination
- Click here for detailed pay structure of AP Police SI
- Click here for AP Police SI and Constable Cut off
- Click here to get the AP Police SI Constable Notification.
- Click here for the Exam Pattern and Syllabus
How Entri will help you with the preparation of AP Police SI Constable Recruitment Examination
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties from PSC Coaching field.
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.
“Failing to prepare is preparing to fail” hence before its late begin your preparation for the exam
Entri wishes you all the best for the upcoming examination