AP Police Recruitment board has declared AP SI Constable Vacancy for the year 2019 – 2020. Home Minister of the state announced about the vacancy on June 2019. The details of the vacancies category wise will be announced on the official website (http://slprb.ap.gov.in/ ) of the Andhra Pradesh Police Department soon. Due to the implementation of the police force on weekends and holidays in Andhra Pradesh, the police department is in need of more number of employees; hence a large number of vacancies in different categories is expected this year. A notification giving the overview of the vacancies was released in Andra Pradesh newspaper in the month of November 2019. Andhra Pradesh Police Department is going to release the online application procedure for 13,591 Driver, SI, ASI Constable and other posts on their official website . The online link will be available soon on the official website. Now let us have a brief discussion about the AP SI Constable Vacancy for the year 2020.
Get free mock test for APPSC Exams!
AP Police Jobs 2019 Vacancy Details
AP Police SI Constable, Eligibility Criteria
|Name of the Posts||No. of Vacancies|
|Driver, SI, ASI, Constables||13,591|
AP Police SI Constable Vacancy Distribution
|Name of the Unit||Number of Vacancies|
|Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna||13,591|
|Guntur, Prakasam, SPSR, Nellore, Kurnool, Anantapuram, Chittor, Y.S.R., Kadapa|
The candidates are expected to fulfill the following educational requirements in different categories.
|Name of the posts||Educational Qualification|
|Head Constable||12th Pass|
|Assistant Sub Inspector||Graduate|
Aspirants must also have suitable physical standards along with the above mentioned qualifications.
Physical Standard for AP Police SI Constable Vacancy
- Visual requirements for distance vision should be 6/6 for both the eyes.
- Visual requirements for near vision should be 5/6 for both the eyes.
- Both the eyes should have full field vision.
- Any defect in the eye or eye lid, colour blindness, squint etc will disqualify the candidate.
Candidates with the following physical defects will not be considered:
- Physically Handicapped.
- Knocking knees, pigeon chest, flat feet , decayed teeth, stammering, mental instability etc.
Note: Please get yourself tested before applying for the examination in order to avoid disappointment later. These tests should be conducted by a qualified government doctor.
Physical Measurement Test details for Men
- Height- Must not be less than 167.7cms
- Chest –Chest circumference must not be less than 86.3cms and expansion of 5cm
Physical Measurement Test details for Women
- Height- Must not be less than 152.5 centimeters
- Weight – Must not be less than 40kilograms
Andhra Pradesh Police Physical Efficiency Test (PET) details
Race: Women candidate should to run 2.5 Kms in 16 minutes. Men needs to run for 5 kms within 25 minutes.
- Long Jump: 11 Feet (3 chances)
- High Jump: 3 1/2 Feet (3 chances)
- Long Jump: 9 Feet (3 chances)
- High Jump: 3 Feet (3 chances)
AP Police SI Constable Vacancy age requirements:
- Sub Inspector Posts – not less than 21 Years and not more than 25 Years as on 1st July of the current year
- Constable Posts – not less than 18 Years and not more than 22 Years as on 1st July of the current year
Age relaxation for the vacancies
The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for BC/SC/ST
AP Police Recruitment 2019 Selection Process
AP Police Selection Process consists of the following 4 steps.
- Physical Standard Test (PST).
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
- Prelims Exam (Written Test).
- Mains Exam (Written Test).
The application link is expected to become active in the month of January 2020. So keep visiting this blog for further updates on category wise vacancy and application link.
Discussion about this post