Bihar Public Service Commission has released a notification for BPSC Exam 2019. Candidates are selected and recruited to various posts in the government sector by BPSC. This year, around 423 vacancies have been announced. For about 20 services, candidates are recruited through Combined Competetive Exam (CCE) conducted by Bihar PSC. The BPSC Exams are conducted in various stages. Candidates are recruited through written exams and interviews. In this blog, we discuss in detail about the exam pattern, Eligibility Criteria and BPSC Selection Process.
BPSC Selection Process 2019:
- The selection process consists of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and is followed by Interview.
- Those who are eligible for the exam and meets the age and educational requirements can apply for the exam.
- Preliminary exam is qualifying in nature.
- Those who qualify the preliminary exam can attend the main exam.
- Candidates who clear the main exam are then called for the interview.
- Finally, a merit list is prepared based on marks in the main exam and interview.
Exam details including marks, duration, name of papers etc. are described below.
BPSC Exam Pattern
BPSC exam is conducted as a 3-tier exam :
- Preliminary exam consists of questions from General studies, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Exam is conducted out of 150 marks.
- Duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Prelims exam is quaifying in nature.
- Candidates have to score minimum cut off marks to write the mains exam.
- This score will not be considered while preparing the final merit list.
- There will be five options for every question.
- Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
- The questions will be available in English and Hindi.
- Candidates can appear for the main exam once they qualify prelims exam.
- This exam is subjective type.
- There will be a Paper in General Hindi which is qualifying in nature. Its score won’t be considered while preparing the final merit list.
- For Optional paper, the candidates can choose from different subjects given in the official site will filling the application form.
- Paper 1 and 2 in General Studies are available in both English and Hindi.
|General Hindi (Qualifying)||100||3 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper 1)||300||3 Hours|
|General Studies (Paper 2)||300||3 Hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 Hours|
- Candidates are called for the interview once they clear the mains exam.
- Interview is conducted in 120 marks.
- In interview, the personality and skills of the candidate is tested by the interview board.
- Lastly, merit list is prepared out of 1020 marks (900 marks of mains exam and 120 marks of interview).
BPSC Salary 2019
The pay scale for various posts under BPSC ranges between Rs.9,300 and Rs.34,000 +Grade Pay Rs.5400 , 4800 , 4200. For more details regarding salary for various posts, click here.
BPSC Selection Process: Posts under BPSC
- Assistant Planning Officer
- Assistant Project Officer/Assistant Director
- Assistant Director – Social Security
- Assistant Director – Child Protection
- Assistant Registrar
- Bihar Administrative Services
- Bihar Police Services
- Bihar Financial Services
- Bihar Home Guard Services
- Bihar Probation Services (Probation Officer)
- Bihar Education Services
- Bihar Registration Services
- Bihar Jail Services
- Bihar Labour Services
- Bihar Election Services
- District Minority Welfare Officer
- District Audit Officer
- Municipal Executive Officer
- Planning Officer/ District Planning Officer
- Police Superintendent
- Rural Development Officer
- Sugarcane Officer
Age Requirement for various posts
Minimum Age Required
|Police Sub Inspector||20 years|
Rural Development Officer
Labor Enforcement Officer
Block SC & ST Welfare Officer
|All other posts||22 years|
Maximum Age limit
|General Category (male)||37 years|
|General Category (female)||40 years|
|BC/ OBC (male and female)||40 years|
|SC/ ST (male and female)||42 years|