Table of Contents
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released recruitment notifications for the posts such as Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) Examination 2021 on 05th February. And the UPPSC PCS Prelims Exam date has been scheduled for 13th June 2021. And, according to the latest news sources, the examination will be held in June itself following the social distancing norms. The commission has prepared the exam centers across the state such that there would be a two-meter distance between two examinees. The most important part of the UPPSC exam is the Prelims, with negative marking. Candidates always believe that such competitive exams cannot be bagged in the very first attempt. But, a planned preparation will help to top the merit list. Check the UPPSC Exam tips and strategies to crack PCS in the very first attempt.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for UPPSC
The candidate selection procedure for the UP state civil service exam consists of 3 stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personality Test/ Viva-voce
It is important for the candidates to check the complete exam pattern and syllabus, before scheduling their study. Check the syllabus thoroughly to know each topic.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
The prelims exam is scheduled for June 13.
- Prelims have two papers (Paper-I & Paper-II) with objective-type questions for 200 marks each.
- Both the papers will be objective Type & multiple choices.
- The merit of the candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- There will be a penalty of 1/3rd marks for Wrong Answers.
|Name of Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration
|Paper-1 – General Studies I||150||200||9.30 to 11.30 A.M|
|Paper-1 – General Studies II||100||200||2.30 to 4.30 pm|
General Studies Paper I
- Current events of National & International importance: Questions will be asked from Current Affairs of last 6 months to 1 year
- Indian History and National Movement: Social, economic & political aspects of the history of India; knowledge of freedom movement, growth of nationalism and Indian Independence
- Indian Geography and World Geography – Physical geography, Socio-economic Geography & World Geography
- Indian Polity & Governance – Constitution, Political System, Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, Community Development, Public Policy, Rights issues, Panchayati Raj, etc.
- Social and Economic Development – Sustainable Development, Demographics, Poverty Inclusion, Social Sector initiatives, Population, Environment, Urbanization
- Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – general issues & awareness
- General Science- Understanding of Basic Science
General Studies Paper-II
- General English (Up to Class 10th)
- Mathematics (Up to Class 10th)
- General Hindi (Up to Class 10th)
Mains Exam Pattern
Mains is scheduled to be held on 3rd October 2021
- The mains exam has seven papers and will be a descriptive type exam for a total of 1400 marks.
- General Hindi, Essay, and General Papers shall be standard type and the duration of the papers will be of three hours for all of the candidates.
|Name of Paper||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Hindi||150||3 hours|
|General Studies (First Paper)||200|
|General Studies (Second Paper)||200|
|General Studies (Third Paper)||200|
|General Studies (Fourth Paper)||200|
Download the complete Syllabus for UPPSC PCS Exam 2021:
Crack UPPSC in First Attempt: UPPSC Exam Tips and Strategies
The state-wise Civil Service Exam to various posts is more or less similar to the level of the Union Public Service Commission Examination. The prelims exam will be the first step of selection and also the toughest of all, as it checks the understanding of the basic facts and current affairs knowledge of candidates. It is also having negative marking, so makes really difficult to score without proper preparation of the entire syllabus.
Check the UPPSC Exam tips and strategies to ace your preparation without any loopholes:
- Firstly, Start with Basics facts. Also, make a proper timetable with the topics covered in the syllabus.
- Remember, don’t leave any topics. Candidates should cover all topics but focus more on the topics you are confident enough.
- However, it is important to identify the weak topics and start working on them so that you gain a stronghold.
- For understanding the marking scheme, refer to previous question papers. The practice of previous papers will really help to strategize your studies. Also will get an understanding of the difficulty level of questions asked in the exams.
- Keep updated with current affairs related to all topics in the syllabus, of India and especially Uttar Pradesh. For that make a routine of reading The Hindu News Papers and other local newspapers on daily basis. Make Self Notes.
- Save negatives- negative marking in prelims will cause you to drop in the merit list. So, don’t blindly mark answers, but sometimes you can opt for exempting options and find answers.
- Practice as many mock question papers and previous question papers to get an idea of online examination. Note your marks and analyze your study plans. Make appropriate changes in the focus topics.
- Prepare for the Main examination hand-in-hand prelim examination. Don’t wait for prelims to be over for the Mains preparation or a separate start! Also, wisely choose optional subjects for mains, so that you can score in the descriptive test.
UPPSC Exam Preparation Tips
- Make your own study notes regularly- which will be useful at the time of revisions.
- Revise the entire important topics as much as you can.
- Attempt sectional and full-length mock tests on a regular basis, probably after completing each topic/ paper
- Reading the NCERT textbooks will be enough for the basics of all subjects.
No need to worry! Be focused on your strategy, study plans and it is important to believe in yourself and give a relaxed study time. Practice more mock tests to ace your preparation.