Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is set to conduct exams to fill various vacancies. The vacancies are for the post like Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Engineer etc. Here is an article listing out the general instructions for all the SSC Candidates.
General instructions to All SSC Candidates
- The candidates should reach the exam Centre as per the time slot indicated against Reporting/ Entry time in the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed entry after the entry closing time in any circumstance or due to any reason. Gates will be closed strictly at entry closing time.
- Candidates must bring the following at the time of reporting for the examination:
- Admit card
- Two copies of their latest color passport size photograph.
- One valid photo bearing Identity proof (such as Passport, Aadhaar Card/Print out of e-Aadhaar, Driving License, Service ID Card issued to employees by Central Govt./State Govt./ PSUs, ID Card issued by University/College/School, Voter’s ID Card, PAN Card, Ex-Servicemen Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defense) in original.
- If the Photo Identity Card does not contain the complete Date of Birth, then the candidate must carry an additional original document having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate.
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer (small)
- Transparent water bottle
- Printout of COVID-19 Self Declaration Form provided with the Admission Certificate.
4. No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination lab before the completion of the examination time for any reason without permission from the exam Functionaries. Once a candidate leaves the lab without the permission of the exam functionaries, he/she shall not be allowed to re-enter the examination lab and his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
5. Candidate shall be permitted to appear in the exam only at the venue as specified in the Admit card.
6. Candidates are advised to visit the exam venue at least one day in advance so that they can reach the examination venue on the date of exam in time.
7.Candidates must ensure that they do not appear in the examination more than once. Otherwise candidature of such candidates would be cancelled and appropriate action will be taken against them.
8. Candidature of candidates is purely provisional. It is advised that candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions. If at any stage, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
9.Prohibited items such as watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic gadgets are strictly not allowed in the examination lab. If any such item is found in the possession of a candidate in the examination lab, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and legal/criminal proceedings could be initiated against him/her. He/she would also be liable to be debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission as per extant rules.
10. Candidates should avoid wearing items like nose pins, bracelets, earrings etc. In case, religion/ customs require candidates to wear specific attire, the frisking may take more time and therefore candidates should report at the venue of examination early.
11. Candidates are advised not to bring bags and prohibited items into the examination venue. In case they bring any such item, they would have to make their own arrangements for safe custody of such items. The Commission will not be liable to make any arrangement for safe custody of any such item.
12. Pen and paper for rough work would be provided in the examination lab.
13. All Exam Labs are under Video Surveillance.
14. Electronic watch will be available on the computer screen allotted to candidates.
15. Candidate should ensure that they do not indulge in any unfair means and shall also not talk to each other after commencement of the exam and during its entire duration.
16. Candidate shall have to undergo the process of contactless Frisking through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD).
17. Candidate must strictly abide by the instructions given by the Exam Functionaries.
18. Candidate should ensure that they provide clear Left Thumb Impression (LTI), Certification Statement in their running handwriting and signature on Commission’s Copy of Admission Certificate taking necessary precautions against Covid-19.
19. If any candidate is found obstructing the conduct of the examination or creating disturbances at the examination venue, his/her candidature shall be summarily cancelled.
20. If the examination does not commence at the scheduled time or is interrupted midway due to any technical snag or for any other reason, candidates should follow the instructions of the exam functionaries. They may have to wait patiently till the issue is suitably addressed and resolved.
21. Candidates are assured that in case of disruption of examination for any reason such as major/minor technical snag or slow speed of server/breakdown of server etc., they will not, under any circumstances, lose the examination time to which they are entitled.
22. Candidates are advised to report to the concerned Regional Office/ Commission, in case they notice any irregularity during conduct of examination. The identity of such candidates will be kept confidential.
23. Eligible PwD candidates are entitled for compensatory time of 20 minutes per hours and assistance of scribe.
24. PwD candidates, other than those affected by blindness and cerebral palsy, who have opted for the facility of scribe and/or Compensatory time in their application form are required to produce certificate as per Annexure-1 of the Notice of Examination for availing the facility of scribe.
25. Candidates opting for own scribe, the qualification of the scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking the examination.
26. Scribe arranged by the PwD candidate should not be a candidate of this examination otherwise candidatures of both the candidates will be cancelled.
27. One eyed candidates and partially blind candidates, who are able to read the normal Question Paper set with or without magnifying glass and who wish to write/indicate the answer with the help of magnifying glass, will be allowed to use the same in the Examination Hall and will not be entitled to a Scribe. Such candidates will have to bring their own Magnifying Glass to the Examination Hall.
28. If any candidate is found in inebriated state that candidate will not be allowed entry to the venue.
29. In case of any doubt or clarification, the candidates are advised to contact the concerned Regional Office of the Commission personally or through the Helpline Numbers as indicated in the Admission Certificate.