As per the last update on the SSC JE exam, the dates of the CBT exam is yet to be announced. In order to crack the SSC JE exam, applicants need to have a detailed understanding of the SSC JE Syllabus and exam pattern. The details of the syllabus can be found here. Like all other exams, you need to have your own preparation strategy and planning in place. In this article, we bring a few tips and tricks on how to crack SSC JE Electrical exam
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC JE examination giving candidates a golden opportunity to fulfill their dream of joining the prestigious Government Sector. Check out the official website for confirmation of updates. Entri brings you the updates and exam essentials to help you crack the exam.
SSC JE 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Period: August 13, 2019, to September 12, 2019
- Last date for applications: September 12, 2019
- Last date for making online fee payment: September 14, 2019
- Last date for payment through Challan: September 16, 2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination(CBE) -Paper-I: To be notified later
SSC JE 2019 Electrical Exam Pattern
The selection process of the SSC Junior Engineer is divided into two stages. There are two Papers in the SSC JE exam
- Paper I: This is a computer-based online test of 200 marks with a duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-II: This is a conventional (offline) descriptive test for 300 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
SSC JE Electrical Exam Pattern (Paper I):
|SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper I (Computer-based Exam)|
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|23.09.2019 to 27.09.2019||General Intelligence||50||120 minutes (Cumulative)|
|General Engineering (Electrical||100|
SSC JE Electrical Exam Pattern (Paper-II):
|SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper II|
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|29.12.2019||Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)||300||120 minutes (Cumulative)|
How to prepare for the SSC JE Exam?
Here are some useful SSC JE Preparation tips for the exam:
Understand the SSC JE Syllabus:
In order to do well in the SSC JE exam, it is imperative that you should be fully aware of the SSC JE syllabus and SSC Exam Pattern. Try to do a topic-wise and difficulty-wise segregation of topics of the different sections of the exam.
Create a Personalised Study Plan & Timetable:
While preparing for the SSC JE Exam, it is important for an applicant to prepare an SSC JE study plan which suits his/her requirements as it is an organized schedule that will help him/ her to outline the study time and set learning goals.
Brush up your basics:
As an SSC JE applicant, you are required to be thorough with your basics and try to understand the purpose behind every concept that you study during your preparation.
Make Notes whenever possible:
During your preparation, try to make your own notes so that you can refer these while revising the Paper before the exam. Highlight important points wherever necessary.
Refer Previous Year Papers:
A very important part of your SSC JE preparation is to refer prior years papers to understand the weightage of different questions and also get knowledge about the difficulty level of each section. Try to solve as many practice questions as possible so that you are able to answer a particular question during the main exam without wasting much time in solving it.
Take Simulated Mock Tests:
Taking SSC JE mock tests will definitely help you get a fair idea about the status of your preparation and capture your strengths and weaknesses and work on those areas which need improvement.
Subject-Wise Approach to crack SSC JE Exam
Aspirants can find the subject-wise segregation below:
In this section, the questions will be particularly based on analysis and arithmetical reasoning topics like a linear arrangement, data sufficiency, Number series, Analogies, decision making, etc. It is advisable for applicants to refer to prior years’ papers while preparing for this section to understand the weightage of different questions with varying levels of difficulty.
In this section, candidates need to be aware of current affairs and daily news. Having the knowledge of what’s going around the world will help the candidates to remain at their toes. For practice, applicants can also take up a few SSC JE preparation online quizzes to stay updated.
General Engineering (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical):
In this section, applicants are required to have core engineering knowledge of their respective fields. It is imperative for candidates to be thorough with the theoretical concepts as most of the questions are based on basics knowledge. Practicing is important. Hence, applicants should try to practice more and more questions to solve numerical problems and have complete theoretical knowledge and its application, be aware of mathematical formulae thereby upskilling their problem-solving prowess.
SSC JE Electrical: Books For Exam Preparation
Here are some of the best SSC JE preparation books for your ready reference:
|Section||SSC JE Books||Author/Publication|
|General Intelligence (Reasoning)||
|Part B – Electrical Engineering||
SSC JE Exam tips
- Go through the complete exam syllabus and write down the important points and topics.
- Get the appropriate study materials before you start your preparation,
- Time management is the key factor. Make an appropriate time table and stick to it. Start preparing for difficult topics first.
- Clear all your doubts in time. If you are having difficulty in any topic, take expert guidance and do timely preparation.
- While solving practice papers, try to focus on speed as well as accuracy. For this, you need to take as many mock exams as possible before the actual test.
- Take the last 5 years question paper and note the important questions, repeated questions, and pattern. Try to solve each type of question from these topics.
- If you don’t know the answer to a question, move to the next question. Do not stick to a single question. You need to score a minimum score to secure the cut off marks.
- Daily update yourself with the latest current affairs and general knowledge. This will help you in the exam.
- Memorize all the important formulas and short tricks for the questions. Also, make it a habit to get enough written practice in numerical and tricky questions.
Preparations are very important for success in every examination! Nowadays the competition is really tough and the success relies on one’s ability to score in all areas. Especially in the preliminary phase, the inevitable screening session of all competitive exams, speed, and accuracy is very much essential.