Table of Contents
Web development is the process of creation of websites, applications for intranet and internet etc. web development is concerned with non-design functions of website building like coding and writing mark-up that makes a website functional and suits the demands of the client. For large firms, web developers work in groups and use standard techniques like Agile methodologies. Smaller firms only need a few permanent developers. They hire contract developers or freelancers if they need an extra hand. The three kinds of Web development are:
- Front end developer/ client-side- deals with visuals (like layout, navigation bar) and behavior that runs in the website
- Back end developer/ server-side- deal with servers, databases, and applications
- Full-stack developer/ – deals with duties of both the above categories
Web Developer Skills
Below given is a list of skills one has to learn before getting started in web development.
- HTML & CSS
- CSS Pre-processors (Less & Sass)
- Responsive Design
- Design Patterns
- Task Runner
How to Master Web Development in 2023?
Given below is a step by step guide to learning Web development and starting your career as a web developer in the year 2023 itself.
- Learn fundamentals like the working of web and mark up languages like HTML and CSS.
- Learning languages like Ruby on Rails, GO, SQL, Objective C, Swift, C# and Kotlin will make you a more valuable employee.
- You can Enroll in Online Web development courses like the one provided by the Entri App
- Now you should practice your skills by starting to work on small projects. They will become an integral part of your Web Development Portfolio that you will present to the employers during the interview. These small projects will prepare you for the challenges that you are going to face during the actual work and also give you ample amount of practice in debugging
- Now you can start applying for positions on various platforms.
- Continue to learn and keep your knowledge updated.
- You should have a coder downloaded for a potential career that comes your way. Free options like Sublime Text, Vim and Atom are available for beginners.
Is Web Development a Good Career in 2023?
It is important to be well aware of the opportunities and stability of a career before stepping into it. This question was very relevant during the last two years when the pandemic took a major hit on the entire global economy and the job market. Many people who were employed in Covid sensitive jobs like leisure and hospitality, healthcare and education suffered greatly. We can now see that many people are gravitating towards jobs like Tech and IT, that was not particularly affected by the pandemic. The reports given by the Bureau of Labor Statistics states that recruitment of Web Developers will increase by 13% from 2020 to 2030. Among them, full-stack developers even come to the list of best careers released by Indeed. This trend is most likely to continue in the coming years as web development is one of the tech skills with the most demand in the year 2023. The major change that occurred during the pandemic in the Web development industry is the increase in remote work. The expectations are that the employment of Web Developers will increase in coming years due to high demand for online services like media, entertainment, health care, online banking, e-commerce, remote education etc. examining the job market and expected employment growth, we could say that 2023 is indeed a good time to be a Web developer.
How to Become a Full-stack Developer in 2023?
Follow the methods below to become a full stack developer.
- Learn fundamental things like programming languages and web skills adequate for full-stack development.
- After learning basic skills, make a sample website to test your skills.
- Improve your coding skills
- Learn core concepts like the functionality of servers, web hosting environments, programming techniques, algorithms and data structures, management and database.
- Enrol in a Full Stack Developer course if necessary.
- Get practical experience by taking up more small projects and freelance works.
- Portray your skills to potential employers by creating an amazing Web Developer Portfolio.
- Add your skills and details of completed projects in your resume to make it better.
How Long Will it Take to Master Web Development?
The time is taken to learn Web Development vary from person to person according to the prior knowledge they had, the time you dedicate daily to learn and practise web development as well as your natural talent for this job. Most experienced Web developers suggest that it may take from 5 to 6 months to learn web development from scratch. They also say that you will be ready to build your first project by 6 months and by 12 to 18 months you will be ready to apply for job positions in firms of your choice.
Essential Web Development Skills to Learn in 2023?
If you are already a web developer who aims in keeping your knowledge fresh and updated to take your skills to next level then below given are a few novel features that you have to learn in 2023.
- HTML 5
- CSS (Bootstrap, Flexbox and Grid)
- NPM (Node Package Manager)
- Chrome Developer Tools
- Responsive Web Design
Web Development Courses
There are many web development-based courses available as online courses or in distant learning platforms which have affiliated with well-established universities. Many other small institutions and educational content creation applications like the Entri app.
Web Developer Salary
Full Stack Developer makes an income between ₹ 2.4 Lakhs to ₹ 19.0 Lakhs in India. They also gain an average annual remuneration of ₹ 6.6 Lakhs
How to Become a Web Developer Without a Degree?
Truth is that you require no formal education in the form of a computer science degree to become a web developer. Many well-established firms do not ask for degrees while recruiting web developers. You can become good at web development even if the skills you acquired are through independent learning via online tutorials and free resources. All you have to do is gain a thorough knowledge of basic concepts.
The article above has discussed the relevance of Web development and its employment possibilities during the year 2023. Step by step guide to learn web development and all other major details are also given. Download the Entri app to get access to instructional videos and study materials essential to learning Web development.