Intelligence Bureau is conducting all India written test to select eligible graduates towards the service as Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO). Selected candidate’s appointment to the post will be temporary only. However, appointment in permanent capacity will depend on various factors governing permanent appointment in such posts in force at that time. IB ACIO Selection Process has two stages of written exam followed by a personal interview. Your performance in all three stages will be evaluated for the final merit list.
To get hired as the Assistant Central Intelligence Officer in IB candidates have to complete the training successfully. The Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) Grade-II is a General Central Service, Group ‘C’ (Non-gazetted, NonMinisterial) posts. The IB ACIO Grade-II post involves All India Service liability, so the candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only need to apply. Selected candidates will get hired in the pay scale of Rs. 9300- Rs.34,800 + Grade Pay Rs. 4200 (PB-2) with admissible Central Government allowances under the seventh pay commission.
IB ACIO Selection Process
The Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II (IB ACIO) is a temporary post in the Ministry of Home Affairs. The IB ACIO selection process has the following screening stages before finalizing the merit list.
- Preliminary Exam: 100 Marks
- Main Exam, Tier-II: 50 Marks
- Personal Interview: 100 Marks
IB Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II Preliminary Exam
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Awareness||25||25||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability||25||25|
- There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
- Candidates should score a minimum of 33% marks in IB ACIO 2020 preliminary test to be eligible for IB ACIO 2020 Main Exam.
IB ACIO Selection Pattern: Main Exam
|Section||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Essay Writing||30||60 minutes|
|English Comprehension and Précis Writing||20|
- Candidates should write an essay on the given topic in 500 words in the given time. The topics will be focused on social issues and the internal security of the country.
- Candidates marks in both stages of written exams will consider for shortlisting for the personal interview.
- The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in both the written exam and the personal interview stage.
The final stage of the selection process is the personal interview. The personal interview will be for 100 marks.
Make sure to select the exam centre of your choice while filling the application form. Ministry of Home Affairs will conduct the written examination in the following 33 centres across India;
|SL No||Exam Centre||SL No||Exam Centre|
While selecting the exam centres, make sure to opt for the one near to you. Exam centres once allotted will NOT be changed under any circumstances.
IB ACIO Syllabus
- History, Culture, Arts and Geography of India
- Basic Science in daily life: Physics, Biology, Chemistry
- Current Affairs, Awards, and Important Personalities
- Indian Polity, and Constitution of India
- Indian Economics
- Books and authors
- Blood Relation Test
- Number Series, Alpha-numeric series
- Analytical Reasoning
- Pattern Completion
- Chart Logic
- Image Analysis
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Seating Arrangement
- Direction Sense Test
- Number Systems
- Ratio and Time
- Averages, and Percentages
- Profit and Loss
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations.
- Computation of Whole Number
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest, and Compound Interest
- Differential Equations.
- Time and Work
- Analytical Geometry
English Language, and Reading Comprehension
- One word substitutions
- Sentence Improvement
- Mis-spelt words
- Idioms and phrases
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Spot the error
- Synonyms/ Homonyms.
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Letter Writing
- Precis Writing
Books for IB ACIO Exams
Interested candidates can refer the following books to get a good grasp on the IB ACIO Grade-II written exam pattern and syllabus. Don’t spend too much on these textbooks, you can use online platforms like entri instead of them. This will help you to save both money and energy. Knowledge is waiting for you in just click apart.
|Name of Book||Author/ Publishers|
|IB ACIO Guide||R Gupta|
|IB ACIO Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officers – Grade-II/ Executive – Paper I and II||GK Publishers|
|IB ACIO Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officers Written Examination||Unique Research Academy|
|IB ACIO Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officers – Paper I and II||GK Publishers|
|Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II – Recruitment Exam||Arihant Publishers|
|ACIO Practice workbook||Kiran Prakashan|
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
|IB ACIO Exam Information Links|
|IB ACIO Notification||IB ACIO Mock Test|
|IB ACIO Syllabus||IB ACIO Video Course|
|IB ACIO Exam date||IB ACIO Study Materials|
|IB ACIO Application Form||IB ACIO Interview Questions|
|IB ACIO Vacancy||IB ACIO Job Profile|
|IB ACIO Admit Card||IB ACIO Salary|
|IB ACIO Study Plan||IB ACIO Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|IB ACIO Previous Question Papers||IB ACIO Result|
|IB ACIO Best Books||IB ACIO Cutoff|
|IB ACIO Eligibility Criteria||IB ACIO Exam Analysis|
|IB ACIO Answer key|