Table of Contents
Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is a government program in India which provides nutritional meals, preschool education, primary healthcare, immunization, health check-up and referral services to children under 6 years of age and their mothers. Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Notification 2023 has been released on the official website of KPSC @www.keralapsc.gov.in. The Kerala Public Service Commission has invited applications for the post of ICDS Supervisor. The department is for Women and Child Development. This is the special recruitment for Women candidates. Male candidates can’t apply for this post. Differently abled candidates are also not eligible. Interested female candidates can apply online for the post of ICDS Supervisor. Online applications has been started from 15th of September 2023 and last date to apply online is 18th of October 2023.
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor – In-Hand Salary
Pay-Scale for Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor is ₹ 37400-79000/-
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor – Probation Period
i) Probation: Every Person appointed by Direct Recruitment shall be Two years on duty within a continuous period of three years
ii) Training: Every Person appointed shall also undergo training for such period as so specified by the Government or the Director of the Department from time to time. The training period shall be counted for all service benefits.
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor – Allowances and Benefits
Besides the basic salary given to the ICDS supervisor there are allowances and benefits entitled to the salary amount. Some of the regular and compulsory expenses include travel expenses, accommodation expenses, medical expenses, miscellaneous expenses, etc. For these, the allowances are included in various heads like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Travelling Allowance, Medical Allowance, Performance Related Pay, etc. The list of allowances are provided below:
- Dearness Allowance(DA)- Dearness Allowance is a percentage of the basic pay amount which is added to it and given per month. An ICDS Supervisor is entitled to 20% of the Basic Pay Amount as Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance(HRA)- It is an additional amount with the salary given to compensate the accommodation expenses of the officer. An ICDS Supervisor may be posted at a place far away from his/her home where he/she has to arrange accommodation. In such a case, the department bears the expense. The house rent allowance is not fixed and is variable depending on the place of posting.
- Traveling Allowances(TA)- This is an amount added to the salary amount to compensate for the traveling expenses of the officer from home to the workplace. Just like the HRA, this amount is also variable and ranges between Rs 600 – Rs 1500 depending on the distance.
- Performance Related Pay (PRP)- An ICDS Supervisor may sometimes have to work overtime or may be assigned special duty by the department. It is compensated with the help of Performance Related Pay.
- Medical Allowance- The department reimburses the medical expenses of the officer with the help of a medical allowance.
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Job Profile
ICDS Supervisors play a vital role in the successful implementation of government programs aimed at improving the well-being of children and mothers in their respective communities. Check out the roles and responsibilities of ICDS Supervisor!
Roles and Responsibilities
- ICDS Supervisor
- Programme Officer