Table of Contents
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Eligibility Criteria 2023-2024: Applications for ICDS Supervisor are invited by the Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC). Before applying, make sure that you have done the initial registration according to the One-time Registration Scheme on the official website. Applicants who have done this can apply from their profile.
|1||Department||Women and Child Development|
|2||Name of the post||Supervisor (ICDS)|
|3||Mode of recruitment||Direct|
|4||Pay scale||₹ 37400-79000/-|
|5||Number of vacancies||Anticipated vacancies|
|6||Official Notification||Download here|
|7||Equivalent qualifications||Download here|
|9||Last date and time for applying||18.10.2023 Wednesday until 12.00 midnight|
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to understand the eligibility criteria prescribed by the recruiting organisation before applying for the job as an error in comprehension in this subject might result in rejection during later stages of recruitment. So let us check the general parameters suggested by PSC for the general recruitment to this post.
- It is specifically mentioned in the notification that the post is exclusively for women.
- It is also mentioned that differently, abled candidates are ineligible to apply for this post.
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Age Limit
The age range given in the notification is from 18 years to 36 years. Aspirants born between the dates 02.01.1987 and 01.01.2005 (both the given dates included) are eligible to write this exam.
- Usual upper age limit relaxation is provided for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities.
- Even in the case of direct recruitment the upper age limit will be relaxed for people holding the position of regular Anganwadi workers of Integrated Child Development Scheme Projects. The full period of their services as Anganwadi Workers is given as their upper age limit relaxations.
It is mentioned in the notification that the rest of the age relaxation criteria are listed in part II paragraph 2 of the general instructions. These relaxations in the upper age limit are given under the condition that the maximum age will never exceed fifty years. Please read part II paragraph 2 of the general instructions if you have any doubts before applying for this post.
Click here to download part II paragraph 2 of the general instructions!!
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Education Qualification
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Education Qualifications are mentioned below.
- Degree in Sociology Social Work Home Science or Psychology from a recognized University.
- A degree in any other field from an accredited university combined with a one-year Balasevika Training Certificate from the Indian/State Council for Child Welfare or from any other accredited institution, or a Pre-Primary Teachers Training Certificate from an approved institution.
The list of qualifications that were previously considered equivalent or higher in this post’s selection process is provided below. Candidates who meet these requirements can click the Apply Now button to submit their application for the position. Such candidates are not required to show any documentation to verify their equivalent/higher claim. However, the Commission will reevaluate these qualifications’ admissibility for the current selection in light of any applicable court or government orders.
- MA (Rural and Tribal Sociology)
- MSc (Human Resources Development Psychology)
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Nationality
The Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Nationality is as given below must be as instructed in part II paragraph 1 of the general instructions. Please read part II paragraph 2 of the general instructions carefully before applying for this post. A summary of the text is provided below.
- Must be a citizen of India or
- Subjects of Nepal or
- Subjects of Bhutan or
- Tibetans who migrated intending to permanently settle in India before 1st January 1962. Or
- Individuals of Indian origin who have migrated to Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African countries such as the United Tanzanian Republic (or Tankanika and Sansibar), Kenya and Uganda who have the intention to settle permanently in India.
Everyone mentioned above except people who are citizens of India have to get a certificate of eligibility from the government of India. They are allowed to sit for the exams and to appear in the interviews. But if they get an appointment, it will be provisional until they produce the certificate of eligibility procured from the government of India. It is also mentioned that a male individual should not have more than one living wife and a female individual should not be married to a person who already has a living wife unless it is allowed by the government. The individual should also be of good character.
How to Apply for Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor?
Follow the steps provided below to apply for the Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor post.
- Go to the official website keralapsc.gov.in.
- Register according to ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ unless you have already done so.
- Login to your profile using the user ID and the password
- Find the notification link for the post concerned from the list of notifications.
- Click on the Apply Now button lying opposite to the post concerned.
- The candidates who are newly applying should have photographs taken within six months.
- For others photographs taken after 31.12.2013 are sufficient.
- Both the name of the candidate and the date on which the photo is taken should be legibly printed below the photograph.
- Once uploaded a photograph will be valid for 10 years.
- A candidate is responsible for the accuracy of the application as well as the secrecy of the password.
- Thoroughly examine the application during the application preview before submission and make sure that there are no errors.
- Take a printout of the application for future use. You can do this by clicking on my applications button and then clicking on the pdf icon provided there.
Application Fees for KPSC ICDS Supervisor
No application fee is required for this application.
All the essential details regarding the eligibility criteria and application process for the post of KPSC ICDS Supervisor are provided in this article. Please read the instructions given in the article and PDFs added here carefully before starting the application process. Join the Entri app for more details regarding the ICDS Supervisor syllabus and how to prepare for KPSC exams.
Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor Eligibility Criteria FAQs
- What is Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor educational eligibility criteria?
Graduation in Sociology or Home Science or Social Work or Psychology from an authorized University.
- Is there any application fee for the Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor exam?
No. There is no application fee for the Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor exam.
- What is the age range acceptable for candidates of the general category?
18 years to 36 years is acceptable for general category candidates in the Kerala PSC ICDS Supervisor exam. The age relaxation is applicable for candidates who belong to reservation categories. Please check the notification to learn more about this.