Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) has invited applications from eligible candidates to the post of Technician-III/Electrical in Electrical Department. The online application registration starts on 28th October 2020 and ends on 27th November 2020. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post through Official website of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited. Read on the article for more details of Konkan Railway Technician III/Electrical Recruitment 2020.
Konkan Railway Recruitment 2020 Overview
|Name of the Organization||Konkan Railways Corporation Limited|
|Posts||Technician III/ Electrical|
|Starting date to Apply||28th October 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||07 November 2020|
|Exam Date||December 2020 (tentative)|
Konkan Railway Technician III/Electrical Recruitment 2020
The online applications for the post of Technician-III/Electrical in Electrical Department of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) are invited from eligible:
- Land loser candidates (GEN/EWS/OBC/SC/ST) that is, those candidates whose land has been acquired for KRCL project.
- Land losers (GEN/EWS/OBC/SC/ST) who are Domicile of Maharashtra, Goa or Karnataka and having valid employment exchange card, registered with the Employment Exchange along Konkan Railway route within the jurisdiction of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd.
The selection committee will prepare separate list for land loser candidates, Employment Exchange registered candidates along with KR route and other than land loser candidates who are domicile of the States of Maharashtra, Goa or Karnataka. Applicants can submit their applications from 28th October 2020 to 27th November 2020. The online application portal is open now, the above mentioned candidates will get priority during the selection procedures.
Konkan Railway Recruitment 2020: Vacancies
The category wise vacancy list is given below:
Konkan Railway Recruitment 2020: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should check their eligibility before applying for the Konkan Railway Recruitment 2020.
- The candidate must have Matriculation/SSLC and ITI from recognized institutions of NCVT/SCVT in the trades of Electrician/Wireman/Mechanic HT, LT Equipment’s and Cable Jointing/Electronics Mechanic.
- OR Matriculation/SSLC and CCAA in the relevant trades.
The candidates age should be in between 18-33 years as on 01.01.2021.
|Sl. No.||Community/Categories||Relaxation in Upper Age Limit|
|1.||SC/ST candidates||5 Years|
|2.||OBC-Non-Creamy Layer candidates||3 Years|
|3.||Ex-Servicemen candidates||Up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years provided they have put in minimum of 6 months service after attestation.|
Application Fee of Konkan Railway Recruitment 2020
|SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Female /Minorities /Economically backward class||₹250/-|
The candidates should pay the application free through Online/ Internet Banking or debit/credit cards.
Konkan Railway Recruitment Selection Process 2020
The selection process of Technician-III/Electrical of Konkan Railway Department will comprise of three stages such as:
- Written Test (CBT)
- Document Verification (DV)
- Medical Examination
The panel will make the final list of the candidates eligible for the post based their CBT, DV and Medical.
Computer Based Test and Pattern
The CBT or written examination is tentatively scheduled in the month of December 2020. The CBT will be conducted for screening of applicants.
- The exam will be objective in nature and consists of question from Common Awareness and Technical areas.
- There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Duration of the exam will be 90 Minutes.
- A total of 100 questions will be there.
Syllabus of CBT
Common General Awareness
Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning:
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making,
Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level.
- General awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
The syllabus for the Technical Awareness shall comprise questions on the trade syllabus prescribed by Director General of Employment & Training (DGET).
|Sl. No.||Post & Medical Category||General Fitness||Visual Acuity|
|1.||Technician III /Electrical||Physically fit in all respect||The candidate should not be suffering from any chronic or progressive disorders:
Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D)
Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Mesopic Vision Field of Vision and Night Vision, etc.
Apply Online for Konkan Railway Recruitment 2020
- Visit the official websites of KRCL.
- The applicant is supposed to read the official notification to avoid errors.
- Fill up the application form with Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ SSLC/High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate.
- Upload the Photograph of applicant in colour: JPEG image of size upto 80KB and signature in Blue/black ink only of size up to 50 KB.
- Submit the application form and make payment for the registration.
- Take a printout of the application and payment slip for future reference.
Job Description of Technician-III/Electrical
The appointed person shall assist their supervisors in all day to day works associated with maintenance and up keep of electrical installations and assets. Some of them are listed below:
- Electrical installations at Sub-stations, Railway Stations, Coach Maintenance Depots, Tunnel Ventilation, Control Rooms, Rest Houses, LC gates, Running Rooms, Office Buildings, Staff Quarters, Community halls, Lighted and Ventilated tunnels etc.
- Maintenance of TRD assets, OHE and associated equipments. Maintenance of TSP/SP/SSP and all associated equipments and SKADA System.
- Electrical assets like DG sets, Air conditioners, Water Coolers, Water Pumps, Water Purifies, Refrigerators, etc.
- Maintenance of Train Lighting (TL) and AC coaching stock.
- Electrical assets of Accident Relief Train (ART) /Accident Relief Medical Van (ARMV) Escorting of ART/ARMV.
- House keeping of Depot Office, Substation and its premises.
- Any other comparable work assigned by Superiors.
Download Entri app and learn for Railway Exams! Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants!