One of the largest insurance companies in India, the Life Insurance Corporation, is to announce the ADO Notification 2021 soon. Aspirants can apply online for the Apprentice Development Officer post through the official link provided on this page. All the details regarding the notification 2021 will be published on this page once the official notification has released. Prior to applying, aspirants check the LIC ADO eligibility criteria, both age limit and educational qualification.
LIC ADO 2021
ADO is a sales supervision job and will be required to sponsor suitable persons to be appointed as Life Insurance Agents, train them properly, and help the recruited agents to sell life insurance to the maximum number of persons. Apprentice Development Officers will have to undergo Theoretical and Field Sales Training during the probation period.
LIC ADO Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates eligible for recruitment are classified into three streams, namely, Agents Category, Employees Category, and Open Market Category.
An individual appointed or engaged by the Corporation for the purpose of soliciting or procuring insurance business including business relating to the continuance, renewal, or revival of policies of insurance pertaining to the Corporation; or
An individual who has been appointed as an agent under the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Agents) Regulations, 2017.
Employee Category means a confirmed whole-time salaried employee of the Corporation belonging to Class III.
Others Category means the candidate from the open market.
LIC ADO Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
The applicant shall have completed 21 years of age (in completed years) and not more than 30 years of age (in completed years) as of notification date i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.05.1991 and no later than 01.05. 2000 (both days inclusive) as on 01.07.2021(Tentative).
The upper age limit (in completed years) as of 01.07.2021 of an applicant belonging to a group given below, shall not exceed the age mentioned below:-
|Member of a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe||35 years|
|Member of OBCs (other than those in creamy Layer||33 years|
|LIC Employee who is not a member of an SC or an ST or OBCs||42 years|
|LIC Employee who is a member of OBCs (other than those in the creamy layer)||45 years|
|LIC Employee who is a member of SC or ST||47 years|
|LIC Agent or Other than Agent (such as DSE/FSE) who is not a member of SC or ST or OBCs||40 years|
|LIC Agent or Other than Agent (such as DSE/FSE) who is a member of OBCs (Other than those in the creamy layer)||43 years|
|LIC Agent or Other than Agent (such as DSE/FSE) who is a member of an SC or an ST||45 years|
|Ex-serviceman||30, increased by the number of years of service in the armed forces subject to a maximum age of 45 years where he is a member of OBCs and, 47 years where he is a member of SC or ST and, Maximum of 42 years in other than SC, ST, OBC cases|
|All Others||30 years|
LIC ADO 2021 – Educational Qualification
- For Employees category and Agents category in both Urban and Rural area- Applicant shall possess the Bachelor’s Degree of a University in India established under a statute or approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
- An applicant from the Others category for recruitment as an Apprentice Development Officer in both Urban and Rural areas shall possess the Bachelor’s Degree of a University in India established under a statute or approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
Preference may be given to those applicants who have:
- Good knowledge of insurance marketing.
- Those who possess a Master’s Degree in Business Administration in Marketing or Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing from a University in India established under Statute or by an Institute approved by All India Council for Technical Education or a recognized Institution.
Also, candidates should note that Recognized Institution means an Institution as may be recognized by any State Government or the Central Government.
Candidates should ensure that the educational qualification possessed by them shall be as per the prescribed educational qualifications mentioned in the advertisement and they fulfill the above eligibility criteria. No equivalent educational qualification shall be considered eligible.
Other categories: Preference would be given to candidates who have at least 2 years of experience in the life insurance industry.
Employee Category: Not less than 3 years of service after confirmation in the Class III post.
- For Urban area: Not less than 5 years as an agent or other than an agent (such as DSE/FSE) and has brought a net First Year Premium Income of not less than ₹ 5,00,000/- during the immediately preceding 5 financial years and a net First Year Premium Income of not less than ₹ 1,00,000/- on 50 lives in each of any 3 of these financial years.
- For Rural areas: Not less than 4 years as an agent or other than an agent (such as DSE/FSE) and has brought a net First Year Premium Income of not less than ₹ 1,00,000/- on 50 lives per year in any 3 of the immediately preceding 4 financial years.
So, the LIC ADO eligibility criteria given above, and if you are eligible to apply don’t miss an opportunity. Start your preparations today with Entri.
Practice more mock tests and previous question papers to ensure your rank in the upcoming LIC ADO 2021.