LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) recruits candidates to the post of Apprentice Development Officer. LIC ADO examination is conducted on a yearly basis. LIC is one of the biggest insurance organisation and it is a most awaited recruitment by large number of aspirants across India. Interested candidates and those preparing for the exam can check this article for LIC ADO Study Plan 2020. Article also includes practice set quiz for each subjects included under the LIC ADO examinations. It also provides best books to refer for preparation. Do no miss this opportunity to refer Entri materials as you prepare for the examination.
LIC ADO Study Plan 2020
In this article we will give you a glimpse on 6 important factors that will help the candidates to prepare a structured accurate study plan as they begin the preparation for LIC ADO examination
1) 30 days study plan
2) Tips to prepare well for the examination.
3) An overview on the exam pattern
4) A thorough knowledge on the syllabus of the exam is a mandatory strategy in the preparation of the exam.
5) Selection of appropriate referring source/Materials for preparation. Free video tutorials by ENTRI for better preparation of exams
6) How Entri will help in the preparation for the examination
LIC ADO 30 Days Study Plan 2020
Below structured is a 30 days study schedule for the preliminary examination of LIC ADO
|Day||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability||English language|
|Day 1||Trigonometry||Coding and decoding||Subject-Verb Agreement|
|Day 2||Mensuration||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Reading Comprehension|
|Day 3||Algebra||Alphabetical series||Verb|
|Day 4||Profit and loss||Number Series||Adverb|
|Day 5||Time and distance||Analogy and classification||Error Correction|
|Day 6||Time and work||Directions||Unseen pasaages|
|Day 7||Geometry||Seating arrangements||Sentence Improvement/Phrase Replacement|
|Day 8||Ratio and proportion||Nonverbal reasoning||Idioms|
|Day 9||Age calculations||Blood relations||Tenses|
|Day 10||Calendar and clock||Statement and conclusions||Synonym and antonyms|
|Day 11||Data Interpretation||Similarities and differences||Sentence/ Para Completion|
|Day 12||Number system||Analytical reasoning||Para jumbles|
|Day 13||Simple and compound interest||Arguments and assumptions||Sentence rearrangement|
|Day 14||Statistics||Data Interpretation||Fill in the blanks|
|Day 15||percentage||Decision making||cloze test|
|Day 16||Ratio and proportion||Syllogism and Venn Diagram||Vocabulary|
|Day 17||Age calculation||Alphabetical series||Grammar|
|Day 18||Trigonometry||Numerical series||Grammar|
|Day 19||Geometry||Analogy and classification||Revision|
|Day 20||Number system||Data Interpretation||Revision|
|Day 21||Doubts clearing session||Decision making||Practice quiz on odd sentence out|
|Day 22||Doubts clearing sessions||Non-verbal reasoning||Practice quiz on theme detection|
|Day 23||Practise sessions||Practise sessions||Practice quiz on homonyms|
|Day 24||Practise sessions||Practise sessions||practice quiz on word replacement|
|Day 25||List important formulas -geometry||Doubts clearing session||Practice quiz on word association|
|Day 26||List important formulas-mensuration||Doubts clearing sessions||Practice quiz on reading comprehension|
|Day 27||Attempt previous year papers||Attempt previous year papers||Attempt previous year papers|
|Day 30||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test||Attempt Mock test|
Tips to prepare well for the examination
- Set short term goals: Candidate has to devise a goal based timeline.
- Check for focus areas: After getting the details about the SSC CPO Exam, you should analyze the topics in which you are strong or weak. Start working on the topic in which you need more attention.
- Prepare short notes for doing quick revision for exams.
- Time Management: The key to success depends on how well you manage time.
- Avoid any guess works:Guesswork may lead you to wrong answers and will increase negative marking. Also, don’t waste much time on one question and move onto the next if you are not sure about the correct answer.
- Read the complete question: Students are required to avoid the mistake of reading incomplete questions and arriving at incorrect answer eventually. Read the questions carefully and check what is being asked.
- Effective examination tips and faster memorization tips can be utilised when preparing for the exam.
Subjects included in the LIC ADO exam
As we prepare the study plan it is very important to be well acquainted with the examination pattern to make the best schedule based on the subjects and marks allotted to each paper. If the topics and the question pattern is known in advance it will help the candidate in segregating the topics based on its importance.
LIC ADO has three different exam pattern for different category of students.
The following are the three categories
- Open Market
- LIC Employee Only
- LIC Agent /Other than an agent (such as DSE/FSE)Only
LIC ADO Exam Pattern – Open Market
- The English language will be only of qualifying nature. And, this will not be added with prelims marks.
- The prelims paper will be conducted with a total of 100 questions and 100 marks
- Candidates who qualifies in prelims will be eligible for LIC ADO Open market Mains Exam
|Subjects||Number of questions/Maximum marks||Medium||Duration (in minutes)|
Topics included in the exam- LIC ADO Syllabus 2020
Once you are thorough with the exam pattern you have to keep yourself updated with the syllabus of each topic include for the exam. Only then we can select books appropriately based on the topics included in the exam.
|Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability||General English|
|Odd man out||Number System||Spotting Errors|
|Syllogism||Decimal Fraction||Jumbled Words|
|Blood Relation||Simple Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Series Test||Time and Work||Idioms and Phrases|
|Ranking and Time||Averages||Comprehension|
|Direction Sense Test||Partnership||Commonly Misspelled Words|
LIC ADO Practice Set Quiz 2020
LIC ADO General English Study Materials
- Basic grammar rules on preposition
- Essay writing tips for English descriptive paper
- Weekly English vocabulary – July week 2
- Weekly English vocabulary – June week 4
- Weekly English vocabulary –April week 4
- English Practice Quiz on word replacement
- English Practice Quiz on Homonyms
- Daily practice English Quiz
The complete book set for LIC ADO exam preparation
|Name of the book||Author/Publisher|
|LIC ADO – L.I.C. Apprentice Development Officers Recruitment Exam||Dr. Lal & Jain|
|Kiran’s Lic Ado Prelim. Online Exam Practice Work Book-English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Guide to LIC ADO (Apprentice Development Officers) Preliminary Exam 2019 with 3 Online Tests||Disha Publication|
|Life Insurance Corporation of India Apprentice Development Officer (LIC ADO) Recruitment Examination||Arihant Publication|
ENTRI Video Tutorials for Competitive Examination
Entri also provides free online tutorials for various topics included in different examination. Candidates can refer the videos for preparation. Candidates can have different types of learning methods. Few are auditory learners and others are visual learners. Video sessions will definitely help in emphasizing on the topic better and in a much clarified manner. So do not miss this chance when preparing for LIC ADO Examination.
Subscribe ENTRI Channel in YouTube to get notifies on video released
How Entri will help you with the study preparation for competitive Examination
Entri provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Check the below links for more details on LIC ADO examination.