Many competitive exams like SSC CGL, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, RBI Grade B, Railways RRB etc demands good knowledge in current affairs and general knowledge.Governors and Chief ministers of India is a very relevant area of study from which questions are frequently asked every year. The Chief Minister is the leader of the Legislative Assembly of the State. On Chief Minister’s advice, the Governor exercises his functions. In this post, we are providing you the list of current Governors and Chief ministers of India,2019.
A chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories. At the state-level, the governor is de jure head, but de facto executive authority rests with the chief minister. Following elections to the state legislative assembly, the governor usually invites the party (or coalition) with a majority of seats to form the government. The governor appoints the chief minister, whose council of ministers are collectively responsible to the assembly.
List of Chief Ministers and Governors in India[ninja_tables id=”9141″]
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- The Governor is the chief executive of a state in India
- The Chief Minister is the leader of the Legislative assembly of the state
- The Governor acts as the nominal head
- But the real power lies with the Chief Ministers of the states and his/her councils of ministers
- The Governors acts are according to the Chief Ministers advice
- No law can be framed without the will of the Chief Minister
We hope this post on ‘the list of current governors and chief ministers’ helps you to sharpen your knowledge in current affairs,general knowledge and Indian polity.Study well and all the very best!