In India, the Government sector jobs are never out of trend, especially the ones in the Police Department. All thanks to the job safety & stability that it offers. But clearing the competitive exams leading to the job remains a great ordeal to many across the country. With this being said, the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) will conduct a recruitment drive to select eligible candidates for the post of 4000 Police Constables (GD and radio). As the Written examination for this recruitment is just around the corner, here are some quick Tips & Tricks to Crack MP Police Constable Exam 2021.
Tips & Tricks to Crack MP Police Constable Exam 2021
Before we begin with the trips and tricks to ace the MP Police Constable Examination, here are some of the important details regarding this recruitment. Let us have a fact check:
|Name of the Organization||Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB)|
|Name of the Post||Police Constable|
|Type of Job||Government|
|Number of vacancies||4000
(3862 -GD Constable and 138 – Radio Constable)
|Job Location||Madhya Pradesh|
|Date of issue of Notification||25th November 2020|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Start Date for Online Application||16th of January 2021|
|End Date for Online Application||06th of February 2021|
|Date of Examination||April 6th 2021- now postponed|
|Admit card||Yet to release|
All the aspiring candidates should follow a routine that suits his/her study habits to face the examination fearlessly. Here, in this article we will provide you with some useful tips and tricks to ace the MP Police Constable Examination.
Probe & Explore the Exam
The moment you decide to be in this race, promise yourself to research thoroughly about the exam. As told, well begun is half done! Know the selection procedure. It may include different levels of the exam.
The selection to the post of MP Police Constable involves three stages basically. These are:
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency test
- Physical Measurement test
The written examination for the post of MP Police Constable recruitment is a 100-mark, two-hour examination. The questions will be Objective in nature. However, there will be no negative marking for wrong answers. Since the score of the written exam is calculated for the final score calculation, be sure to attend it with full zeal.
Given below is the table depicting the MP Police Constable Exam Pattern:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration of the Exam||Total Marks|
120 minutes or 2 hours
|Aptitude and reasoning||40||40|
Physical Efficiency Test
The second stage in this recruitment is the PET or the Physical Efficiency Test of the candidate. However, only those candidates who successfully qualify the written examination stage will be summoned to this phase. All the aspirants shall take up the following tests, as shown in the table below, to qualify this round of the selection process.
|Post||Long Jump||Shot put||800m Race|
|Male||13 feet||19 feet (weight- 7.26 kg)||To be completed in 2 minutes 45 seconds.|
|Female||10 feet||15 feet (weight- 4.0 kg)||To be completed in 4 minutes.|
Physical Measurement Test
As the third stage in the recruitment procedure of MP Police Constable, the physical standards of the candidates are measured. Since the aforesaid recruitment is done to select candidate for the Police Department, this stage bears a great role .Apart from having a good overall fitness, all the aspirants must also have a sharp eye sight. Other requirements are listed in the table below:
|Male- General, OBC, SC||168 cm||Relaxed: 81 cm
Expanded: 86 cm
|Male- ST||160 cm||Relaxed: 76cm
Expanded: 81 cm
|Female- All categories||158 cm||—–|
Familiarize with the curriculum
To have an in-depth curriculum knowledge of the MP Police Constable Exam is an essential requirement to ace the exam with ease. However, the syllabus for the written examination is already released by the board, thus relieving the aspirants.
MP Police Constable Syllabus
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs
|· History of Madhya Pradesh- Ancient, medieval and modern
· Important National Parks, Wildlife sanctuaries, Tiger reserves of Madhya Pradesh
· Major Tourism destinations of Madhya Pradesh.
· Important Personalities- Art, Sports, Politics, Cinema, Administration, etc)
· Rivers, Dams, and other protected areas
· Electrical and Irrigation Projects
· Location of important mines and minerals extracted from them
· Demography of Madhya Pradesh
· Major crops and the areas of cultivation
· Culture of MP- festivals, Folk dances, fairs, etc
· Important facts about Madhya Pradesh Politics
· Awards and Honors
|Aptitude and reasoning
|· Alphabets/Numeric/alphanumeric series
· Data sufficiency
· Direction perception
· Order & Ranking
· Blood Relation
|· Biology- Structure of Human body, diseases and causative organisms, etc
· Physics- Laws of motion, reflection, refraction, Laws of gravity, general standards of mass, weight, volume, density, etc
· Chemistry- Acids, bases, salts, metals and non-metals, chemical reactions, chemical formula, etc
|· Arithmetic and Data Interpretation using bar graphs, pie charts, line graphs,
· Simple & Compound Interest,
· Permutations and Combinations,
· Profit & Loss,
· Time & Distance,
· Volume & Surface Area,
· Ration & proportion
· Quadratic Equations
Quality of learning > Quantity of learning
This is where the majority of the aspirants lose their track. People hoard various exam preparatory books /materials targeting to cover it all up before the exam. Little do they know that it is not the quantity but the quality of the books/materials that matters.
- Learn and revise the most relevant topics in the curriculum.
- Since the performance of the aspirants keeps changing year after year it is futile to concentrate on the previous years’ cut off marks. Rather concentrate on the previous years’ top score. Remember! This has saved many people!
- Make your learning a consistent process by setting up a daily routine.
- Be dedicated and disciplined throughout.
Mock it till you crack it!
There isn’t any shortcut to your success than by constant practice. Mock tests are an effective technique for this.
- Solve previous years’ question papers to have a close understanding of the question patterns, mark allotments, and repeated questions.
- Create an ambiance mimicking an examination hall & complete the full-length mock test within the time limit. This, definitely will boost your time management skills and stop your biggest fear from coming true a.k.a running out of time!
Seek expert assistance to overcome deficiencies
Remember to always reach out for guidance when you feel off-track. This can be done through online learning platforms, expert study materials or any means which you feel comfortable in.
- Pay attention to individual subjects.
- Concentrate more on the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Practice ample aptitude and reasoning questions. Make sure to attempt less time- consuming questions over the ones like puzzles which may take up more time of your exam.
- Alleviate your knowledge in current affairs.
Confidence-If you have it; then you have it all!
Revise and practice regularly but do not burden yourself with the entire syllabus on the day before the exam. Recharge yourself by taking occasional breaks in between the study time. Keep your cool and give your 100%.
At Entri, you are taken care of completely, providing you with the best of all in the industry. Forget not to make maximum use of the study group option to make you doubts-free. We try hard to ease your learning experience and helps you to make it less stressful and super productive. Download Entri App today and Subscribe to various services like Crash courses, Mock tests, Video Lessons, Study cards and more! We promise to deliver you the best. Make the best use of the time left and be ready for your ENTRI to your Dream Job!
Good Luck, Folks!