Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission is about to conduct MPPSC State Services Mains Exam in 2020 for the recruitment of vacancies in Civil Posts. Candidates those who were wishing to apply for the post can start your preparation by today itself. MPPSC State Service exam is conducted for the post of Sub Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Superintendent, District Jail, Commercial Tax Officer, District Registrar, Chief Municipal Officer (Group B), Assistant Director, Assistant Director, District Supply Officer, Assistant Director, Child Development Project Officer, Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO), etc. This article share the details of MPPSC 2020 – Recruitment, Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Syllabus
MPPSC 2020 – Recruitment, Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Syllabus
As per the 2020 Exam Calendar, Madhya Pradesh Commission has decided to conduct the Mains exam in April 2020, but in the midst of Covid’19 lock down all the exams were postponed and delayed for a shot period. This exam is conducted in two stages namely the preliminary exam and the main exam. And they follows the IAS exam pattern, aspirants who clears the prelims exam are allowed to appear for the mains exam. The medium of examination will be in Hindi and English.
MPPSC 2020 – Recruitment
|MPPSC 2020 – Recruitment, Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Syllabus|
|Authority||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)|
|Name of the posts||Various posts|
|Notification release date||Announced soon|
|Application submission date||Announced soon|
|Mode of application||Online|
MPPSC 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 and 40 years of age are eligible to apply for the post.
Educational Qualification: candidate should possess a degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
MPPSC 2020 – Application
The interested candidates can apply for the post through online portal in the official website of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission. Apply online on the website for MPPSC State Service Exam 2020 Registration. Before filling up the application form, read the official notification and instructions provided in the website.
Follow these steps carefully for filling up the MPPSC State Service Exam 2020 Online Application Form.
- Step 1: Apply online on website mponline.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on MPPSC under Application
- Step 3: Click on MPPSC under Application.
- Step 4: Click on the APPLY ONLINE button.
- Step 5: Read the agreement, and click on the I Agree button.
- Step 6: Fill the application form with personal details, educational qualifications and upload the documents like photograph and signature.
- Step 7: Check the application form carefully before submission and click on “Submit”
- Step 8: Check the form once again, note down the application number and click on Payment, if any changes need to be made click on back.
- Step 9: Select the mode of payment and click on Go.
MPPSC 2020 – Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The selection process of MPPSC exam is preliminary and mains exam and interview test.
Preliminary examination pattern
The prelims examination comprises of two compulsory papers with objective type questions. The first paper will be on General Studies and the second paper will be on Aptitude Paper. There will be no provision of negative marking in the Examination.
|1||General Studies||200 marks||2 hours|
|2||Aptitude test||200 marks||2 hours|
Mains examination pattern
This examination consists of 6 papers like General Study 1, 2, 3, 4, General Hindi and Essay Writing.
|1||General Study-I||03 Hours||300|
|2||General Study-II||03 Hours||300|
|3||General Study-III||03 Hours||300|
|4||General Study-IV||03 Hours||300|
|5||General Hindi||02 Hours||200|
|6||Essay writing||02 Hours||100|
The interview is benchmark for the selection of applicants to the final merit list. It comprises of 175 marks which are added in the final merit list.
Final Merit list
The final list is prepared by adding all the scores obtained in the Mains and Interview Examination by the candidate.
Final Merit list
MPPSC State Service 2020 – Exam Syllabus
The exam syllabus for Prelims and Mains are different. Check out the given syllabus for your preparations.
First paper: General Studies
1. General Science and Environment Questions on general science and Environment (Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change) will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
2. Current Events of National & International Importance
3. History of India and Independent India
In History, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic and political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India.
4. (a) Geography of India
There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social and economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and census of India.
(b) General Geographical awareness of world.
5. Indian Polity and Economy
Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social system, sustainable economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial development, foreign trade and economic and financial institutions.
Important games and sports tournaments, Awards, personalities and Renowned Sports Institutions of M.P., India, Asia and World.
7. Geography, History and Culture of M.P.
There will be questions related to the development of Mountains, rivers, climate, Flora and Fauna, Minerals transportation in the Geography of Madhya Pradesh . It will also have questions relating to important dynasties of M.P., Contribution of important dynasties in the Histroy & Culture of Madhya Pradesh, There will be questions on Tribals, Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts and Historical personalities of M.P.
8. Polity and Economy of M.P.
Political system, Political parties and elections, Pachyati Raj, Social system and sustainable economic development of M.P. This will also include questions on Industry, Plans, Economic programmes, business, demography and census of M.P.
9. Information and Communication Technology
Questions pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber-crime.
10. Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) 1989 (No.33 of 1989) and the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (No. 22 of 1955)
11. The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
Second Paper: General Aptitude Test
2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude, etc. – Class X level) Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
7. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
MPPSC 2020 – Mains Exam Syllabus
The mains examination will also be written exam, which comprises of seven papers .
MPPSC 2020: State Service Mains Examination Pattern
Written Examination – The Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions as given below: –
(a) Compulsory Papers
Paper I General Studies, Paper II General Studies and Paper III General Hindi are compulsory papers.
(b) Optional Papers
The optional papers are Paper IV, V, VI and VII. The candidates are required to select any two subjects from the list and each subject will have two papers.
List of Optional Papers for Main Examination:-
|02||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|
|12||Commerce & Accountancy|
|17||Political Science and International Relations|
|20||Criminology and Forensic Science|
Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects:
(1) Political Science and International Relations and Public Administration.
(2) Anthropology and Sociology.
(3) Mathematics and Statistics.
(4) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
(5) Of the engineering subjects, Viz. Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject.
(6) Of the literatures of Hindi, English, Sanskrit and Urdu Languages not more than one subject.
MPPSC 2020 – Vacancy
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission is conducting the state services examination is to recruit candidates to various posts. The following table provides the name of the post and its number of vacancies.
|Name of the post||Number of vacancies|
|State Administrative Service and Deputy Collector||27|
|State Police Service and Deputy Superintendent of Police||22|
|Public Relations department||11|
|Commercial tax officer||5|
|Food, Civil Supply & Consumer Affairs Department||2|
|School education department||60|
|Social Justice & Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||19|
|Commercial Tax Inspector||20|
|Assistant Labour Officer||11|
Hope you got an idea on MPPSC 2020 – Recruitment, Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Syllabus. Learn with Entri and place your position in the state service jobs. Entri wishes all the aspirants good luck for your upcoming exams.