Table of Contents
The North Eastern Railway has released a circular inviting applications for the post of Gatemen. According to the official notification, there are a total of 323 vacancies in Lucknow and Izzatnagar. It should be noted that these vacancies are for ex servicemen candidates only. Candidates who belong to this category can submit their applications online through the official website of North Eastern Railways: ‘www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in.’ . All applications must be submitted by 5 pm on 20th January, 2022.
The North Eastern Railway (abbreviated NER) is one of the 18 railway zones in India. It’s headquarters is at Gorakhpur Zonal Rail Training Institute (ZRTI).
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Notification
The North Eastern Railway has given an opportunity for ex servicemen to join the railway services. All the details pertaining to the vacancy and selection has been mentioned in the official notification. This article gives you all the information regarding the eligibility criteria, selection process and method of online application.
|Name of the recruiting organization||North Eastern Railway – Railway Recruitment Cell, Gorakhpur|
|Notification release date||11th January, 2022|
|Last date for online application||20th January, 2022|
|Number of vacancies||323|
|Job Location||Lucknow and Izzatnagar|
There are a total of 323 vacancies out of which 188 are for the Lucknow board and 135 are for the Izzatnagar board. The contract of the selected candidates will be until 31st May, 2022 which can later be extended.
The selected candidates will have a twelve hour workday if they are placed in C class crossing gate and eight hours workday in all other crossing gates. They will be given a day off every week. They will be eligible for ten days of casual or emergency leave annually.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates have to go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the post. The criteria regarding age and educational qualifications has been mentioned in the official notification by the North Eastern Railway.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Age Requirement
Candidates should not be older than 65 years of age as of 1st July, 2022.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Educational Qualification
Candidates should have minimum qualification of matriculation (10th class) or equivalent from a recognized board.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Application Fee
There is no application fee for the online application of this post.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Salary
The salary for the post of Gateman will be Rs.25000.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the duration of the service provided by the candidate in the army.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply ?
- Online applications can be done through the official website www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Go to ‘contact us’ and click the recruitment tab and then choose RRC. Then click on the link for ‘Engagement of ex servicemen on contract basis’.
- In case of any technical difficulties while applying, the candidates can communicate through the given email id – email@example.com.
- Ensure that all the details entered are accurate.
- Candidates can apply only for Lucknow and Izzatnagar and this should be specified in the application form.
- Once all the details are filled, click the submit button.
- Apply only once. In case of more than one application from the same candidate, all the applications from that candidate will be rejected.
- After submitting the application, candidates are requested to take a print out of their application form. This will be required later during document verification.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification. These candidates should carry the original or photocopy of the following documents:
- Printout of the online application form
- Certificate of educational qualification
- A valid id card with photo
- Discharge book
- Two recent color passport size photo
The shortlisted candidates will have to undergo a medical examination by the railway authorities. Only those candidates who are deemed medically fit will be considered for the job.