The SSC conducts the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer exam to recruit the eligible candidates for the post of Stenographer in the various departments of the Central Government. Through Staff Selection Commission Stenographer exam, the selected candidate is placed in the Group C and Group D Non-Gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
Staff Selection Commission Stenographer selection process involves two stages – a Computer-Based Test (CBT) followed by a Skill Test. Aspirants who meet the eligibility requirements can apply online for the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Recruitment 2022 on the official website of SSC. The minimum eligibility requirement to appear in Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Recruitment is that candidate must have passed Class XII from a recognized board/institute.
SSC Stenographer Highlights 2022
Here are the key points of the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Recruitment 2022:
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Stenographer|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Posts Offered||Grade C & D Stenographers|
|Job Category||Central Government Job|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 board from a recognized university|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022
The dates for the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Recruitment 2022 are yet to be announced. The Staff Selection Commission Stenographer exam date will be released soon after the official notification on the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
|Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Grade C and D 2019 (Skill Test) Result||March 10, 2022|
|Release of Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Official Notification||December 05, 2022|
|Starting for SSC Stenographer Applying Online||to be announced|
|Last Date for SSC Stenographer Applying Online||December 31, 2022|
|SSC Stenographer 2022 CBT Examination||April 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2022 Results Announcement||to be announced|
|Skill Test Date||to be announced|
|SSC Stenographer 2022 Final Result Declaration||to be announced|
SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure 2022
Staff Selection Commission is coming up with a total of 323 vacancies in this recruitment process for grade C recruitment and 31 vacancies for the Grade D recruitment process on which young applicants can make their application process online. Staff Selection Commission also has 2 types of examination patterns through which they select the right candidate for the recruitment process which are –
- Computer-based exam – It is an online written examination that comes in Hindi and English languages. In this exam, aspirants need to solve the MCQ exam.
- Skill Test – This is and mandatory test for Stenography recruitment for which candidates are given ten minutes to check their typing speed per minute in the English language. This limit should be at least a hundred words in one minute to clear this exam. In this examination, aspirants can only appear after clearing the computer-based exam.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022
Staff Selection Commission conducts a Computer-Based test and a Skill Test as part of the selection procedure. Aspirants who are interested in any of the positions must pass the computer-based test as well as the skill test.
- Staff Selection Commission Stenographer 2022 Exam will be a multiple-choice computer-based exam.
- The exams will be conducted in both English and Hindi languages.
- Each question carries one mark, with 0.25 points being deducted for each incorrect answer.
The Staff Selection Commission Stenographer exam pattern is given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General English and Intelligence||50||50||Cumulative Duration of 2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks||120 Minutes|
SSC Stenographer Preparation Strategies 2022
Some helpful tips that can help the candidates in clearing their Staff Selection Commission Stenographer exam are given below:
- Understand your exam pattern and syllabus before you start your preparation.
- Read the newspaper daily without fail and listen to the news on radio/ TV to strengthen your general awareness.
- Take time as you can to practice questions strongly for general intelligence & reasoning.
- Make notes of any formulae or any news that you think might be important.
- To get the idea of topics which are more important, you can solve previous years’ sample papers.
Model Question Paper for SSC Stenographer Exam 2022
The best way to understand the exam pattern and the question trend of the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer is by solving SSC Stenographer practice set papers. Every candidate must practice the SSC Stenographer Exam model question papers to check where they stand in their exam preparation and consequently make amends to improve the score. Familiarize yourself with the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer exam practice papers for better understanding and results.
1. The lengthiest Constitution in the world is
2. No Money bill can be introduced in the Lok Sabha without the prior approval of the
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Finance Minister
3. When did the British Govt. starl ruling India directly ?
(a) After the Battle of Plassey
(b) After the Battle of Panipat
(c) After the War of Mysore
(d) After Sepoy Mutiny
4. The term ‘secular’ was added in the Preamble to the Indian Constitution by
(a) 41st Amendment
(b) 42nd Amendment
(c) 43rd Amendment
(d) 44th Amendment
5. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right ?
(a) Right to Equality
(b) Right to Liberty
(c) Right against Exploitation
(d) Right to Property
6. The source of the Sun’s energy is the process of:
(a) Photoelectric emission
(b) Nuclear fission
(c) Nuclear fusion
(d) Thermionic emission
7. Which of the following is not a stringed instrument ?
8. Who created the unforgettable literary character‘Swami’?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Mulk Raj Anand
(d) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
9. Which of the following cities lies to the western-most longitude ?
10. Arrange the following rivers from South to North.
1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (d) 6. (c) 7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (b) 10. (d)
1. Which of the following is the same in meaning as the phrase ‘holding out’ as used in the passage?
2. According to the passage, the question of abortion is
(b) hotly debated
(d) left to the scientists to decide
3. Which of the following is true regarding the reasons for progress in genetic engineering?
(a) It has become popular to abort female foetuses.
(b) Human beings are extremely interested in heredity.
(c) Economically sound and scientifically advanced countries can provide the infrastructure for such research.
(d) Poor countries desperately need genetic information.
4. Which of the following is the same in meaning as the word ‘obliterate’ as used in the passage?
(a) wipe off
(c) give birth to
(d) wipe out
5. Which of the following is the opposite in meaning to the word ‘charge’?
1. (b) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (c)
1. If’PAPER’ is written as’OZODQ’, how ‘PENCIL’ can be written in that code ?
2. There are five friends-S, K, M, A, R. S is shorter than K, but taller than R. M is the tallest. A is a ltfle shorter than K and little taller than S. Who has two persons taller and two persons shorter than him ?
3. Rajiv is the brother of Atul. Sonia is the sister of Sunil. Atul is the son of Sonia. How is Rajiv related to Sonia ?
4. Of the five members of a panel sitting in a row, A is to the left of B, but on the right of C, D is on the right of B but is on the left of E. Find the member who is sitting in the middle.
5. There are some boys and dogs at a place. If total number of heads is 7 and total number of legs is 20, how many boys and how many dogs are there?
(a) 2 boys and 5 dogs
(b) 3 boys and 4 dogs
(c) 4 boys and 3 dogs
(d) 5 boys and 2 dogs
1. (d) 2. (d) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (c)
Evaluate your exam preparation using the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer question bank to gain insight into the required depth of information and conceptual clarity. Accordingly, you can schedule your preparation and succeed at it. To succeed in Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Examination, you must have a stronghold on formulas, English, and speed of s+olving the exam. SSC Stenographer exam model question papers will help you practice all.
|Model Question Paper 1||Click Here|
|Model Question Paper 2||Click Here|
|Model Question Paper 3||Click Here|
Previous Year Question Paper for SSC Stenographer Exam 2022
The interested candidates can find the download links for some of the recent previous year’s question papers in the table given below. The applicants can download the PDFs for free and can begin with their preparation.
Solving the SSC Stenographer Previous Year Papers Benefits
- The aspirants can understand their strong & weak areas and hence can plan their further preparation strategy.
- The candidates can also learn time management on trying to solve the question paper within the fixed duration.
- The applicants can also figure out the particular type of questions which often consume more time and can also cause silly mistakes.
- Solving the question papers also makes the applicants familiar with a certain type of questions which are often repeated each year. Hence the applicants will not lose any marks for such questions.
|Previous Year Paper 1||Click Here|
|Previous Year Paper 2||Click Here|
|Previous Year Paper 3||Click Here|
Hopefully, this article on the SSC Stenographer was useful and informative for all the aspirants. In order to practice more and more questions for the SSC Stenographer exam, the interested candidates can download the Entri App for free. Download Entri Here!