Table of Contents
Railway Protection Service Forces invite applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment to the post of Sub Inspector every year as the openings are created under the department. RPSF publishes the notification inviting them through their official website as the process of registration is completed. RPSF SI Admit Card 2021 will be released by the recruiting body online separately for different groups and stages of examination and selection and it is important to know about RPSF SI Job Profile if you are planning to appear for the examination. Every candidate who is appearing for the examination must have an idea about the job that they are signing on to. Candidates must understand the job, duties, and activities that are associated with the job. To know about RPSF SI Job Profile for the candidates who are planning to appear for the examination is requested to go through the complete details provided in this article.
RPSF SI Job Profile
Railway Protection Special Force is created with the aim of providing security to the journey as well as the belongings of the passengers who are travelling o trains in India. This special force has members who are recruited through a set of examinations as well as physical examination rounds entitled to do jobs as specified by the Railway Recruitment Board. Some of the most important duty of the RPSF SI is listed here:
- To provide security to passengers, their belongings who are travelling on the trains of Indian Railway.
- To safeguard the Indian Railways properties.
- To arrest the person causing hindrance in train and passenger movement of any kind.
- To maintain a good security system, which provides sound security to the passengers and their belongings.
RPSF SI Career
Also, here are some of the additional duties that come under the Sub Inspector of Railway Protection Special Forces:
- Identify the situations that have possibilities for the crime committed against the railway property in either static or in transit or mobile and to take remedial measures or to suggest improvement in basic security arrangements of faulty procedures wherever necessary, to the railway administration.
- Reduce the opportunities of thefts, pilferages, misappropriation, trades, etc., against railway property and leakage of railway revenue through surprise preventive checks or other appropriate measures like detailing of patrols in vulnerable sectors, keeping open or unobtrusive watch at workshops, stores, goods-sheds, depots, parcel offices, yards and other such places and at any station or en route the destination of railway property, posting of guards and pickets at black spots, escorting of affected trains etc.
- Register and take up enquiries under Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Act, 1966, apprehend the offenders and participate in subsequent legal proceedings connected therewith.
- To register or to promptly pass on reports for registration to the local Police of all cognizable offences against the railway property, and to conduct enquiries and collect evidence for localizing the crime or which is otherwise considered necessary and finally render such other assistance as may be possible in the investigation of such cases.
- Obtain intelligence relating to the commission of or intention to commit any offence specified in clauses (i), (ii), (iii), (iv), (v), (vi), (vii), (viii), (ix) of subsection (1)of Section 39 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 on the railways and also to lay such information and to take such other steps consistent with law and with the orders of his superiors as shall be best calculated to bring offenders to justice and to prevent the commission of cognizable and, within his view, of non-cognizable offences.
- Collect surveillance about subversive and other objectionable activities affecting the security and functioning of the railways as well as about the activities of criminals and suspects prying on railway property.
- Study all cases of suspected sabotage or meddling with track or obstruction on the movement of railway property with a view to suggesting preventive measures to railway authority and the Police.
- Undertake any other security duty assigned to the Force by or with the concurrence of railway authority for the execution of which necessary resources have been provided and approval of the Director-General of the Chief Security Commissioner, as the case could also be obtained.
- Promptly obey and execute all orders lawfully issued to him by any superior officer of the Force and to discharge such duties as imposed upon him by any law for the time being in the force or cast on him by any rule of the railway.
RPSF SI Career Growth
RPSF is one of the best places to be in if you are looking for a Government job. It provides a great opportunity to grow your career in an administrative department, particularly in the government sector. Members of RPSF are provided with promotions at the regular time to the required posts on the basis of the experience and RPSF SI Salary also fluctuates accordingly to the promotions.
Ace your preparation for the RPSF examination and other government exams with Entri. Entri opens a great opportunity to ace your preparation with mock tests, interactive classes and effective doubt clearing sessions. We wish you all the very best for the exam preparations.
|RPSF SI Exam Information Links|
|RPSF SI Notification||RPSF SI Selection Process|
|RPSF SI Syllabus||RPSF SI Mock Test|
|RPSF SI Exam Date||RPSF SI Video Course|
|RPSF SI Application Form||RPSF SI Study Materials|
|RPSF SI Vacancy||RPSF SI Interview Questions|
|RPSF SI Admit Card||RPSF SI Salary|
|RPSF SI Study Plan||RPSF SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|RPSF SI Previous Question Papers||RPSF SI Result|
|RPSF SI Best Books||RPSF SI Cutoff|
|RPSF SI Eligibility Criteria||RPSF SI Exam Analysis|
|RPSF SI Answer Key|