RRB NTPC 2021 First stage CBT exam will be conducted in 3 phases. Of that, the second phase has been commenced on 16th January 2021 and will be conducted till 30th January 2021 for around 27 lakh candidates across different exam centers in India. Aspirants can go through the RRB NTPC memory-based Mathematics questions and answers provided in this article.
Railway Recruitment Board NTPC 2021-third phase of the 1st stage CBT exam will be conducted from 31st January to 12th February 2021 for approximately 28 Lakh candidates. The link for viewing the Exam City and Date and downloading of Free Travelling Authority for SC/ST candidates has been made available on all RRB websites from 21 January 2021.
RRB NTPC Memory Based Mathematics Questions and Answers
For the NTPC CBT, there were 30 questions each from the Mathematics section and General Intelligence and Reasoning section. Overall the exam was easy-moderate. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), will be releasing the official RRB NTPC CEN 01/2019 answer key soon in the candidates’ login on the respective zonal website.
1. A, B, and C throw dice in succession till one gets a ‘six’ and wins the game. Then the probability of A’s winning is:
d) None of these
2. The marked price of an article for sale is 20% of its cost price. How much percent does the dealer gains after allowing a discount of 15%?
3. Two trains starting at the same time from two different stations 400 km apart and going in opposite direction cross each other at a distance of 230 km from one of the stations. What is the ratio of their speeds?
d) None of these
4. If x−1/x = 3, then the value of x³ − 1/x³ is:
5. A sells an article to B on 20% profit. B sells back the article to A on a 20% loss. In the whole transaction:
a) A left with no profit and no loss
b) A earns 20% profit
c) A earns 24% profit
d) B incurs 40% loss
6. If a +b +c = 6, a2+b2+c2=14 and a3+b3+c3 = 36, then value of abc is:
7. The average weight of 20 students in a class is 44 kg and that of the remaining 10 students is 38. Find the average weights of all the students in the class:
a) 39 kg
b) 43 kg
c) 41 kg
d) 42 kg
8. Evaluate Sin 46o / Cos 44o – Sin 44o / Cos 46o
9. In an examination, 34% of the students failed in mathematics and 42% failed in English. If 20% of the students failed in both the subjects, then find the percentage of students who passed in both the subjects.
10. In a certain code language, ‘+’ represents ‘×’, ‘-‘ represents ‘+’, ‘×’ represents ‘÷’ and ‘÷’ represents ‘-‘. What is the answer to the following question?
14 – 16 + 14 × 7 ÷ 3 =?
11. Find the missing number in the series: 19, 25, 21, 30, 23, 35, 25,?
12. If x = 5 and y = 2, then find the value of 16 x4 + 25 y4 – 40x2 y.
13. A and B together can complete a work in 10 days and A alone can complete the work in 15 days. If B does the work only half a day daily, then in how many days A and B together will complete the work?
a) 10 Days
b) 15 Days
c) 12 Days
d) 20 Days
14. In a certain code, FILTER is written as LIFRET. How will CLEVER be written in that code?
15. If A pipe can fill a tank in 12-hour, B pipe can fill a tank in 15 hours and C pipe can empty a tank in 10 hours, then find the total time taken while all the three pipes are open?
a) 20 hours
b) 60 hours
c) 30 hours
d) 40 hours
16. What will be the simple interest on an amount of Rs.2000 in 3 years at an interest of 4% per annum?
a) Rs. 280
d) Rs. 220
17. A alone can do a piece of work in 12 days and B alone in 16 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs.6400. With the help of F, they completed the work in 6 days. How much is to be paid to F?
a) Rs. 325
b) Rs. 400
c) Rs. 610
d) Rs. 800
18. If sin A = 3/5 and A + B = 90°, then find the value of tan B.
Subscribe to Entri RRB exam courses and attempt the Daily and monthly current affairs, GK updates, Daily rank-booster, and current affairs quiz sections. Also, you can practice mock tests both section-wise and full-length based on the exam. Download Entri for all the information regarding the RRB exams.