Table of Contents
SSC CGL 2019 preliminary examination has kickstarted on March 03, 2020, across India in different shifts. SSC CGL is one of the highly competitive government recruitment tests in the country among government job aspirants. Let’s discuss the SSC CGL 2019 Analysis of English Language section of Day 02, Shift 02 of the exam. This year English Language section provides easy-moderate questions for the aspirants.
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2019 Tier- 01
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
|SL No||Subject/Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL 2019 Tier-02
|SL No||Subject/Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||02 hours|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||02 hours|
|3||Finance and Economics||100||200||02 hours|
- Statistics – Only for Junior Statistical Officer Posts.
- Finance and Economics – Only for Assistant Auditor and Accountant Posts.
SSC CGL Tier-03
SSC CGL Tier-03 exam is a descriptive test. Here the candidates will ask to write an Essay, Precis, Letter or Application. The question paper will be bilingual, English and Hindi. Exam Duration is 60 minutes ( 01 hours) and maximum marks are 100.
SSC CGL Tier-04
Tier- 04 is a computer skill test. This test has two sections: Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
- DEST- Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English.
DEST is only for Tax Assistants positions.
- CPT- It is to check the candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations, etc.
Only for the posts under the Ministry of Mines and the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
SSC CGL 2019 English Analysis
Let’s get into the SSC CGL 2019 English language Section detailed analysis.
|SL No||Topics||Number of Questions||Questions Level|
|1||Cloze Test (Man and his Mistakes)||5||Easy|
|3||Fill in the blanks||2||Easy-Moderate|
|8||Active/ Passive Voice||1||Easy-Moderate|
|10||Idioms and Meanings||2||Easy|
|11||One Word Substitution||2||Moderate|
English Language Section Questions (March 04, 2020)
- Sentence Improvement: XYZ is one of the best college. Ans: XYZ is one of the best colleges.
- Misspelled word: Ans: Compatability
- Idiom and Meanings (1) “back to square one”. Ans: back to the starting point.
- Idiom and Meanings (2) “in a dead heat”. Ans: a situation in which two or more competitors in a race are exactly level.
- Synonym of Revere. Ans: Respect
- Synonym of Serene. Ans: Peaceful/ Tranquil
- Antonym of Liberty. Ans: Slavery/ Constraint
- One Word Substitution (1) ” One who does not obey any orders”. Ans: Nonconformist
- One Word Substitution (1) ” Behavior is governed by moral principles”. Ans: Ethics/ Morality
Click here to watch SSC CGL 2019 English Language Analysis (Day 02, Shift 01) from our Experts
Click here to watch SSC CGL 2019 English Language Analysis (Day 02, Shift 02) from our Experts
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate