Table of Contents
SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways: Salary and Job Profile of the SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways is a piece of essential information that every aspirant should have an understanding of before applying for the said post on the SSCs official website. SSC CGL is an all-India level exam that is organised to conduct the recruitment to many posts in central Departments and Ministries. The aspirants, when filling in the online application should fill in their post preference so that appointments will be made accordingly if they manage to achieve a suitable score for the various phases of the selection procedure. Without a doubt, Assistant/Assistant Section Officer in Indian Railways is one of the best posts among the list of posts coming under SSC CGL 2022. SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer comes under the group B posts of SSC CGL. The posting location for the post of Assistant/Assistant Section Officer in Indian Railways is Rail Bhavan, New Delhi which is also the seat of the Ministry of Railways and the Railways Board.
SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways Job Profile
In the railways, the position of assistant section officer is a ministerial, non-gazetted position that cannot be transferred. The following is the training for an Assistant Section Officer (Railways). The Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM) is in charge of the 11-week training course. Assistant Section Officer’s functions and responsibilities, as well as rules and regulations like conduct rules, pension rules, CCA rules, leave rules, and LTC rules, are covered in training. A one-week village attachment segment that travels to villages in different states is run to expose participants to problems on the ground. Next, there will be a two-week Bharat Darshan and NGO attachment, which essentially entails visits to various tourist destinations to understand the rich diversity of the nation.
The Job profile of SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways is almost the same in every ministry. Read further to learn more about SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways: Salary and Job Profile.
Roles and Responsibilities of Assistant Section Officer in Railways
The roles and responsibilities of Assistant Section Officers in Railways are described in detail below.
- They have to draft files according to the rules and guidelines present. Report writing is also an important part of their job profile.
- They also have to handle management work such as policy changes, customer grievances, recruitment of railway operational staff, etc.
- The Assistant Section Officer can be posted in any section of their department such as accounts, billing section, political section, office administration, technical or pension section. The workload is very different for the Assistant Section Officers in different sections.
- Working hours are from 9:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. You must work 5 days per week and will be offered 10 casual leaves and 30 earned leaves per year. The employment is primarily centred in Delhi.
- You won’t, however, be a part of the decision-making work that is done by Group A officers hired through the UPSC. If you work in the budget section during a session of parliament and two months before the railway budget, you might have to stay late even on Saturdays and Sundays.
Career Growth and Promotion of Assistant Section Officer in Railways
Once you are appointed into the service as Assistant Section Officer, you can become a section officer within 7 or 8 years. Career Growth and Promotion of Assistant Section Officer in Railways is shown in the diagram below.
Section officer- Grade pay 4800
Section officer- Grade pay 5400
SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways Salary
Candidates chosen for the Assistant / Assistant Section Officer position in the SSC CGL recruitment would be paid between INR 44,900/- and INR 1,42,400/-. For the convenience of candidates, the salary package for Assistant / Assistant Section Officer in Railways is provided here.
|Name of the post||Basic Pay||In-Hand Monthly Salary (approx.)|
|SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer -IB||INR 44,900/-||INR 68,866/-|
The in-hand salary of an SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways is about INR 68,866/- per month.
SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways Allowances
The salary breakdown for SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer- Railways is shown below.
|1||Pay Level||Pay Level -7 (7th CPC)|
|2||Payscale||Rs 44,900 to 1,42,400|
|3||Grade Pay||Rs 4600|
|4||Pay Band||9,300 – 34,800 (PB-2)|
|56||Basic Pay||Rs 44,900|
|7||HRA (depending on the city)||X Cities (27%)||Rs. 12123|
|8||DA (Current – 31% of basic pay)||Rs. 13919|
|9||Travel Allowance||Cities – Rs. 4716 (3,600+1116)|
|10||Gross Salary (Approx)||X Cities||75,658|
|12||NPS Employee Contribution (10% of basic pay + DA)||5882|
For accurate calculation of allowances available for an Assistant Section Officer in Railways, we should have a general idea about how the cities are categorised by remuneration guidelines. The cities are classified into sections X, Y, and Z based on a grading framework created by the Government of India, primarily to allocate House Rent Allowance to government employees.
· Bokaro Steel City
· Vasai-Virar City
|Z||All other cities which are not mentioned in either of the above rows|
All essential information regarding SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways: Salary and Job Profile is detailed in the article above. Please check the official notification PDF of SSC CGL for more details.
SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer in Railways: Salary and Job Profile FAQ
- What is the starting pay for an SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer- Railways?
The starting salary for an SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer -Railways is Rs.44900/- per month for a fresher.
- What are the possibilities of advancement for an Assistant Section Officer in the railways?
An Assistant Section Officer will be promoted to Section Officer, then to Deputy Director, Joint Director, Director, and so on after 5-7 years.
- How long would the training period for an Assistant Section Officer in the Railways be after hiring?
All shortlisted candidates will receive 11 weeks of instruction. The Institute of Secretariat Training and Management will provide training (ISTM).