SSC CGL Tier 2 exam programme has begun. Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) will fill up 39 Group “B” and Group “C” posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. So far the commission has updated 8582 vacant posts against the 2019 recruitment notification. The candidates who will qualify this Tier-2 exam will appear for the Tier 3 which will be held in pen-and-paper mode. Now the commission successfully conducted the stage-2 of the recruitment process. Across India, nearly 1.5 lakh candidates have been shortlisted to attempt the SSC CGL Tier 2 exams. The Tier-2 tests were conducted from November 15, 2020, onwards till November 18 across the country in various shifts. Since the exams are over let’s discuss the questions and difficulty level for the SSC CGL Tier-2, 2020 exam of November 17.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Analysis: November 17, 2020
The commission has shortlisted more than 1.5 lakh candidates from its preliminary stage exam for the Stage-II test.
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper||Number of Available Candidates|
|Paper 1 & 2||125279|
|Paper 1, 2 & 3
(For Junior Statistical Officer Post)
|Paper 1, 2 & 4
(For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer)
Let’s check the exam pattern before checking the analysis for the same. The SSC CGL Tier-2 2020 exam pattern is:
|SL No||Subject/ Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||02 hours|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||02 hours|
|3||Finance and Economics||100||200||02 hours|
- Statistics – Only for Junior Statistical Officer Posts.
- Finance and Economics – Only for Assistant Auditor and Accountant Posts.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Analysis: Tier 2 Day 3
The candidates who have appeared on SSC CGL Tier-2 2020 November 17 (Day-3) rated the paper as moderate and was similar to previous days. There were no visible surprises in the exam pattern. The quantitative aptitude section as moderate while the English paper was much easier for the majority.
|SL No||Topics||Number Of Questions||Level of difficulty|
|1||Number System/ HCF and LCM||7||Easy|
|3||Time and Work||6||Easy-moderate|
|4||Profit and Loss, Discount||13||Easy|
|5||Ratio, Proportions, Mixture and Allegation||10||Easy|
|6||Time Speed Distance, Boat and Stream Trains||4 to 5||Easy to Moderate|
|7||Compound Intrest and Simple Interest||4||moderate|
|8||Geometry||14||Moderate to Difficult|
|10||Trigonometry, Height and Distance||7 to 8||Moderate|
|12||Algebra||7 to 8||Easy-moderate|
Some of the questions asked from this particular section are:
- A and B can complete a work in 25 days. They completed the work in 18 days with the help of C. If the
share of B is Rs 6000 out of the total amount of Rs 15000. Find the share of A.
- If the average of six consecutive even numbers is 65, then and the difference between the average of the last two and that of the remaining four numbers.
- The difference between Compound Intrest and Simple Intrest of an amount is at a 10 % interest rate is Rs 156 after 2 years. Then, the interest obtained on Simple Intrest at the same interest on the same amount is:
- In an exam, students have to obtain 36% of the total marks to pass. One of the students got 29% and failed by 56%. If another student got 79% of total marks then the difference between the marks obtained by both of them.
- Anky started travelling from point A at 10 am and travel towards point B at 45 km/hr. Sonu starts from point B at 11 am onwards and started travelling towards point A at 50 km/hr. If the distance between the points A and B is 900 m then at what time they will meet?
- A lady reaches her office 7 mins early by walking 5/4th of her actual speed. How much time she will take if
she goes in her original speed.
- A’s and B’s ages are in the ratio 4:5. if the ratios of A’s age after 3 years and B’s age after 5 years becomes
7:9 then the present age of A is:
- The marked price of the table is Rs.600. After allowing a discount of 40% on the market price, the shopkeeper makes a profit of 20%. Find the cost price of the table.
CGL Tier-2 Analysis November 17: English language
|SL NO||Topic||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|1||Direct/ Indirect Conversion||25||Easy to Moderate|
|2||Reading Comprehension||30||Easy to Moderate|
|3||Active Voice and Passive voice||25||Easy|
|5||Error Spotting||15 to 20||Easy to Moderate|
|6||Cloze Test (3 passage)||30||Easy to Moderate|
|7||Fill In The Blanks||15-20||Easy|
|8||One Word Substitution||10||Moderate|
|9||Para Jumbles||20||Easy to Moderate|
|10||Idioms and Phrases||10-12||Moderate|
|11||Synonyms – Antonyms||8||Easy to Moderate|
|Good Attempt||176||Easy to Moderate|
Some of the questions asked in the CGL English language section on November 17, 2020, are:
- Synonym- Mercurial, Permanent
- Antonym- Benovalence, Animosity
- One-word Substitution – Exercising a compelling Charm (Ans: Charismatic)
- Correct spelling -Holocaust, Serene, Monogamy, Conscience
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.