Table of Contents
Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for the SSC Selection posts 2019. In SSC Selection Posts 2019 candidates can apply towards three sets of positions depending upon the education qualification. The various selection posts are under Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduation & above levels. Candidature of those not meeting the eligibility conditions will be canceled at any stage of the recruitment process without any notice. Candidates are advised to read the notification and check their eligibility before applying. Total of 1300 vacant position is reported so far from different SSC regional centers.
SSC Selection Posts 2019 Dates
- Application Period – August 06, 2019 – August 31, 2019
- Last date for fee payment – September 02, 2019
- Computer-Based Examination – October 14, 2019, to October 18, 2019
SSC Selection Posts: How to Apply
Candidates can apply for more than one post in the same SSC Region or in different Regions. Candidates can apply for the posts of all three levels ((Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduation & above)if they are eligible. One should appear for each level of examination only once.
Candidates can submit their applications through the official website of Staff Selection Commission on or before August 31, 2019.
In SSC Official website, under the ‘Apply’ tab one can find the ‘OTHERS’ option. In ‘Others’ candidates can find the application link for the SSC Selection Posts 2019. Make sure to log in to your SSC account before applying.
UN reserved Male candidates need to pay Rs. 100/ towards the application fee. All others are exempted from the application fees.
SSC Selection Posts 2019- Exam Pattern
- There will be a negative mark of 0.5 for every wrong answer.
- The Skill tests, if required will be conducted based on the candidate’s performance in the Computer-Based Tests(CBT) and they are of qualifying nature.
SSC Selection Posts Syllabus
- General Intelligence: similarities and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decisionmaking, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, etc.
- General Awareness: Environment and its application to society, current affairs, India and its neighboring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time,
Time and Work, etc.
- English Language: vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage, etc.
10+2 (Higher Secondary) level
- General Intelligence: Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- General Awareness: Environment and society, current events, India and its neighboring countries, History, Culture, Geography, Economics,
General polity and scientific research.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Arithmetic, Number Systems, Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio
and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work. Algebra, Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear
Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles. Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square, Base Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances, Standard Identities, etc., Tables and Graphs, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Graduation and above levels
- General Intelligence: analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc. Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
- General Awareness: Environment, current events, India and its neighboring countries, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene,
General polity and scientific research.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence
and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Language: Reading Comprehension, One-word substitution, Spelling tests, Idioms, and phrases, etc.
SSC Selection Posts Vacancy
Total Number of Vacancies – 1300
This is the vacancies reported from the SSC Kerala Karnataka Region. Candidates can find the detailed vacancy lists from other regions in the official notification.
SSC KKR Vacancy
In Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram is the one and only examination center. For more details, interested candidates can check the SSC Selection Posts notification. SSC Selection Posts 2019 Official Notification
Entri wishes you all the best for our upcoming examinations in 2019. Start your preparation today with Entri.