In this era of internet marketing which offers numerous entry-level opportunities for digital marketers. If you’re the one looking to develop a good career in digital marketing, then this is the right time for you. The demand for digital marketers is rising every day, marketing sectors are hiring digital marketing specialists and individuals with digital marketing skills. As a beginner, one may not have an idea about the latest digital marketing jobs. In this article, we will give you knowledge and guidance about the top digital marketing jobs for beginners which opens the door of your destiny. Let’s start reading!
Top 10 Digital Marketing Jobs for Beginners
Here’s the list of latest entry-level digital marketing jobs. In order to grab a position in this sector, one requires numerous skills on tools and technology. Each type of job is extremely fulfilling and rewarding. Keep reading to know more about the different job careers in digital marketing;
1. Social Media Specialist
The authority of operating and managing all activities in a company’s social media accounts are given to social media specialists. The roles and responsibilities of a social media specialist are listed below;
- Planning and operating sponsored ad crusades.
- Creating and publishing posts on social media platforms.
- Responsible for managing social accounts of the brand.
- Finding out social media marketing trends by application of analytical skills and by using Google analytics.
- Evaluating what works and what fails.
- Developing visual contents and graphics for social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest etc).
- Connecting with social media influencers.
Average Salary Scale
The average salary depends on the experience, qualification of digital marketing specialist and the type of their work. In the United States, a social media specialist gets an average salary of $48,000 as per Glassdoor. However, some digital markets provide more.
A social media specialist should meet following skills;
- Firm knowledge about social media platforms.
- Basics on paid/unpaid social media marketing.
- Excellent analytical and copywriting skills.
- Skill on creating and designing visual content.
2. Content Writer
They create good quality content for marketing. Content writers perform activities like posting blogs and articles, press releases, product detailing etc. Usually the role of content writer is to create enlightening copywriting. Create fresh contents for advertising, articles, blog posts, web pages etc with the intention of the company’s success. Job descriptions are discussed below;
- Content writers generally do the work of informative copywriting.
- Gathering words for blog posts, advertising campaigns, articles, web pages within apps.
- Works for attaining the goal of organizations.
Average Salary Scale
The salary of a content writer depends on the level and accuracy of their work. As per the Glassdoor, content writers get an average salary of $55,000. Some marketers earn more than the average salary.
To enroll has a content writer in digital marketing, one should satisfy following skills;
- Should have good knowledge on SEO practices.
- Skills on writing high ranking contents for the audience.
- Should have experience with CMS such as WordPress.
- Content writing and researching skills.
3. Pay Per Click Specialist
A PPC Specialists designs and implements pay per click advertising crusades. It is a highly competitive post which requires various skills and works for the company’s growth and brand recognition. The main objective of a Pay Per Click specialist is to drive traffic to your website to improve sales and service. Given below are the most important roles of a PPC Specialist;
- Planning and executing paid ad campaigns.
- Developing landing pages.
- PPC Specialists analyses ad performance and performs keyword searches.
Average Salary Scale
Like other sectors, the average salary of a PPC Specialist depends on their level of education and experience. The average salary as per Glassdoor is around $49,000 in the United States.
A PPC Specialist should have skills such as knowledge on PPC tools, Copywriting, Analytical skills, HTML, Search skills, SEO, Google algorithm, Conversion Rate Optimization
4. Content Strategist
A Content Strategist generally monitors content creation. They help an organization to reach its goal by executing marketing strategies. Responsibilities of a content strategist are mentioned below;
- Regulating topics, keywords and titles for all contents.
- Content strategist sets editorial instructions for all contents.
- They intensify content delivery and promotions.
- Improves quality of contents by editing and controlling the content creation team.
- They evaluate performance metrics and modify the present marketing strategies.
Average Salary Scale
The average salary of a Content Strategist is around $102,000 in the United States as per Glassdoor. The salary scale is made depending on the type of work.
A content strategist needs some basic skills to work in the digital marketing field. The primary skills required are writing skills, knowledge of WordPress, time management, Analytical skills, Leadership, Good communication skills, basics on content marketing and other content management systems.
5. Marketing Assistant
Marketing assistants play a very big role, they are responsible for various disciplines within a marketing system. The duty of a marketing assistant depends on the type of project assigned.
Average Salary Scale
The average starting salary of a marketing assistant is in the range $35,000 – $85,000 in the United States. The salary is stated depending on the type of industry and project.
It is necessary for a marketing assistant to have work experience in digital marketing field and should meet the following qualities;
- Proper time management and accuracy.
- Need both verbal and written communication.
- Firm organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under stress and also to juggle with multiple skills.
- Knowledge on Social media platform, Email marketing and SEO.
6. SEO Specialist
The SEO position has a large subsidy to an organization, the SEO specialist tests, analyzes and modifies the contents on a website. Hence it is perfect for Search Engines. Like other departments, the intention of SEO specialists is to impress the audience and to promote sales. SEO functioning are listed below;
- Checking whether all the web pages tagged correctly with internal links and proper URLs.
- Executing Meta tag and titles.
- Identifying link-developing events, analyzing challengers and updating URL directs.
Average Salary Scales
As per the Glassdoor, the average salary of a junior SEO specialist is about $48,000 in the United States.
Few skills required for Junior SEO are;
- Skill of research, excellent written and verbal communication.
- Deep knowledge on what works for the organization.
- Problem solving, analytical and Adaptability to changes.
Copywriters are installed in various parts within an organization, varying from content for landing pages to content description, product labeling, taglines and creating copy for advertisements. Some other duties are discussed below;
- Building and managing brand loyalty and reputations.
- Brand promotion and collaboration with the marketing
- Communicating with shareholders.
Average Salary Scale
The salary of a copywriter depends on the level of experience and form of work. As per the Glassdoor the average salary is around $59.000 in the United States.
A copywriter should have following skills and knowledge;
- Copywriter should be able to work and write for different organizations.
- Should require the quality to work with others.
- Ability to master brand recognition and Attention to detail.
8. Email Marketing Specialist:
Develop and execute email marketing campaigns to nurture leads and drive customer engagement. Create personalized, automated email sequences and analyze metrics to optimize campaign performance.
- Writing Skill
- CSS, HTML, and Ampscript expertise
- Expertise in Microsoft Suite
- Efficient email automation with the help of Email Service Provider (ESP) softwares
- Design expertise
- Design software knowledge
- Proficiency in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), database management, and data analysis tools
9. Influencer Marketing Specialist
Influencer marketing specialists are marketers whose focus is on influential people who can affect potential buyers. They build campaigns and launch projects to engage influencers, maintain relationships through networking, and are constantly coming up with new ideas to get influential people to evangelize their products and services.
- In depth knowledge of social media marketing industry
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized with great time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Networking aptitude
10. PR Specialist
Public relations outreach specialists focus on building relationships with other brands and organizations with the goal of exposing a company to new audiences and partnerships.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship building
- Knowledge and Research
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Proficiency in English
- A creative yet practical mind
- Media relations
Here, the article has covered a list of top digital marketing jobs for beginners along with details of skill required for each position. Hope the information contained in this article will benefit you. If you’re the one looking for the latest updates on digital marketing, then here it is. Learn and improve your professional skills with the latest upcoming technologies. Have a Good Day!
|Steps to Become Digital Marketer||Digital Marketing Job Opportunities|
|Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing||Learn Digital Marketing at Home|
|Best Ways to Learn Digital Marketing||Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions|