Table of Contents
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility of Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship or both, for Indian Universities and Colleges. The UGC NET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year.
The UGC NET exam consists of the following sections:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning (including Maths)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- People & Environment
UGC NET Communication Questions
Communication is the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing or using some other medium. The communication section of the paper will consist of five questions of 2 marks each. There will be no negative marking. All questions will be of multiple choice type.
Communication questions are related to the following topics:
- Meaning, types and characteristics of communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Mass media and society
- Effective communication: Verbal and non – verbal, inter cultural and group communications, classroom communication
The communication section comes under paper 1 of the UGC NET paper.
MCQ on Communication with Answers
Assertion (A): The initial messages to students in the classroom by a teacher need not be critical to establish interactions later.
Reason (R): More control over the communication process means more control over what the students are learning.
1) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
2) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
3) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
4) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
Differentiation between acceptance and non-acceptance of certain stimuli in classroom communication is the basis of:
1) Selective expectation of performance
2) Selective affiliation to peer groups
3) Selective attention
4) Selective morality
What are the barriers to effective communication?
1) Moralizing, being judgemental and comments of consolation.
2) Dialogue, summary and self-review.
3) Use of simple words, cool reaction and defensive attitude.
4) Personal statements, eye contact and simple narration.
The spatial audio reproduction in a classroom can reduce the students’:
1) Cognitive load in understanding
2) Respect for the teacher
3) Motivation for excellence
4) Interest in technology – orientation
Which of the following set of statements is correct for describing the human communication process?
a) Non-verbal communication can stimulate ideas.
b) Communication is a learnt ability.
c) Communication is not a universal panacea.
d) Communication cannot break-down.
e) More communication means more effective learning by students.
f) Value of what is learnt through classroom communication is not an issue for students.
1) (a), (c), (e) and (f)
2) (b), (d), (e) and (f)
3) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
4) (a), (d), (e) and (f)
UGC NET Communication Mock Test
Mock tests are replicated tests based on the annual or competitive exam’s pattern. To assess our preparation for any competitive exam, we should attempt mock tests. It gives us a clear perspective of the kind of questions that can be asked. We also get an idea of the pattern of the paper, frequently asked questions and helps us in time management. We get to know the areas we need to work on. It also helps is to make strategies and plan our study pattern. UGC NET exam is a highly competitive one and requires a lot of practice for one to crack it. The best way is to go through all the previous years’ papers.
Entri app helps you prepare in the best way for several competitive exams. Our team of experienced trainers will provide you the best study material needed to crack the exam of your choice. Download the app and start your preparation today.