The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board UPPRPB) will soon release the official notice for selection of candidates to the post of UP Police Constable. This is one among the most sought after exams by the common mass because of the job privilege. This article we can discuss regarding the UP Police Constable Selection Criteria 2021. The UP Police constable Selection process 2021 is an extensive four step selection criteria. The various stages involved for selecting eligible candidates to this post are the written test, document verification, physical efficiency test and physical measurement test. Those candidates who successfully complete all the four stages of selection just mentioned will be selected for the post of UP Police constable. The examination date for the exam will be declared by the officials once they publish the notification. Now we can see various selection stages in detail from this article. Read the complete article without fail for all information regarding UP Police constable selection process 2021.
UP Police Constable Selection Process 2021
The written examination for the UP Police constable exam 2021 will be of objective type. This exam has 4 sections from which questions will be asked. The t examination sections are General knowledge, general Hindi, numerical and mental ability, mental aptitude/ intelligence quotient/ reasoning ability
- The examination will consist of 150 questions that will be multiple choice questions. Each answer will be given a weightage of 2 marks
- Negative marks will also be there for every wrong answer. 0.25 marks will be deduced for every wrong answer
- Examination duration will be 2 hours and the questions asked will be of minimum, educational standard.
- The medium of questions being asked for the exam would be both in Hindi and English
- All the aspirants must be well prepared for facing questions from the general awareness section. In this section a total of 38 questions will be asked, so the aspirants must be well prepared with national and international level questions
- One of the most scoring areas is General Hindi, a total of 37 questions will be asked. Candidates can easily score in this section that can affect their overall performance.
- Easy to intermediate questions will be asked from numerical and mental ability sections. 38 questions will be asked in this section. Questions asked will be 12th grade level
- The last and the final section is the IQ/ Mental aptitude/ reasoning. From this part a total of 38 questions will be asked.
Candidates who clear the written exam successfully can enter the next level of the exam which is the physical test. Candidates who score above the cut off marks will be qualified for attempting the physical test.
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks||Duration of exam|
|General awareness||38||76||2 hours|
|Numerical and mental aptitude||38||76|
|IQ/ Reasoning/ mental aptitude||37||74|
UP Police Constable Selection Criteria: Document Verification
This is the second stage that is involved in the selection of candidates to the post of UP Police constable selection 2021. All the candidates who scores above the cut off marks will have to submit the necessary documents to advance to the final stage of the selection process. All the aspirants will have to submit the documents given below in order to complete the selection process
- Certificate showing their age like a birth certificate or any others
- Name and Date of birth of the candidates as mentioned in their 10th pass certificate
- Name of intermediate education board
- Domicile certificate number, date of issue etc to prove that you are a domicile of the state of UP.
- Other caste reservation certificates if any
- If OBC then a non creamy layer OBC certificate
- Valid email id and phone number
UP Police Constable Selection Criteria: Physical Measurement Test
Once the document verification process is over candidates who get selected will enter the next stage of selection which is the physical measurement test. It’s a test conducted to evaluate the physique of the candidates. Here the measures of the candidates height, weight chest etc will be tested. The table given specifies the standards for the physical measurement test
|UR/SC/ OBC||152 cm||168 cm||NA||79 with expansion of 5cm||40 kg||NA|
|ST||147 cm||160 cm||NA||77 with expansion of 5cm||40 kg||NA|
UP Police Constable Selection Criteria: Physical Efficiency Test
In this selection stage candidates will be tested for their physical capabilities. Various activities like running races, long jump etc will have to be performed by the candidates. According to the previous years standards the male aspirants had to complete a 4.8km race in 25 minutes whereas female candidates had to perform 2.4km race in 14 minimum. Those candidates who cannot restrain the time frame mentioned above will be terminated from the selection process.
We hope you have got enough information regarding UP Police Constable Selection Process 2021. Subscribe to entri for more such posts. All the best for your examination.