Table of Contents
Assistant Engineer is a Grade B gazetted post which will give the respectful position in the respective departments and in the society. This will be a good position for the candidates who have a B. Tech degree. Candidates aspiring for the job of assistant Engineer can now check the UPPSC AE Job Profile 2021 – the roles and duties of AE in their sub-division along with the UPPSC AE career details and UPPSC AE salary.
UPPSC AE Job 2021 – Departments
The Assistant Engineer exam will be conducted offline to select candidates for the pots in various departments under the UPPSC. Check the department:
UPPSC State Engineering Service Departments
Public Works (P.W.D)
Irrigation and Water Re-Sources
Housing and Urban Planning
Nagar Vikas Vibhag
UPPSC AE Job Profile 2021
Here, we can go through the Job profile for an Assistant Engineer post, including the details regarding the UPPSC AE salary and allowances, roles and responsibilities, and career growth.
UPPSC AE Salary Scale and Grade Pay
AE comes under the Group B gazetted Officer. An AE, of various Department, will be having a salary of Rs. 15,600-Rs. 39,100/- and a Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-.
Moreover, he/she will be having:
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Provident Fund
- Mobile Facility
- Medical Facility
- Per year 3% of hike in the basic salary
- NPS 10%
Staffs under the AE or Sub-divisional Officer
As in every government departments, the office staffs under AE constitutes of:
- 2-3 Sub-Engineers
- UDC or LDCs
- Contract workers
Role of UPPSC AE
An Assistant Engineer is in charge of the payment of all other posts under him. He should act as a drawn and Disbursing Officer (DDO). That is he should draw fund and allocates it. Also, he can play the role of a gazetted officer and can do Attestations. AE is a respectful position in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities of AE/ SDO: Job Profile 2021
The job profile and responsibilities of AE changes according to the department they are placed:
- He will be in charge of preparing requisitions like design, develop and execution of projects assigned to the respective sub-divisions.
- Have to work with the Junior Engineers and project manager under the various divisions of his sub-divisions.
- Developing a construction plan, making reports and informing the project manager.
- Analyze the project problems and allocating works for Junior Engineers and other staff under AE.
- Preparing the reports and submitting them to Executive Engineers.
- Coordinate with other Government Departments
- To make yearly plans like budget preparations, scheduling of planned works, manpower, and resources and equipment requirements for proper management of the assigned project.
- For all these, AE will be responsible and answerable to the higher officials.
UPPSC AE Career Growth
The UPPSC AE career starts as an SDO with grade pay of 5400/- and will have Junior Engineers below them.
Within 5 years of the minimum time period, he will be promoted to Executive Engineer (grade pay-6600/-). The to Superintendent Officer (grade pay-7600/-) after 5 years gap. After that within 2 years, they can be promoted to Additional Chief Engineer (grade pay-8700/-). Then will be promoted to the highest position in the department which do not have any year restrictions – Chief Engineer (grade pay-10000/-).
Assistant Engineer ⇒ Executive Engineer ⇒ Superintendent Officer ⇒ Additional Chief Engineer ⇒ Chief Engineer
So, this is all about UPPSC AE Job Profile 2021. Know all details of UPPSC AE, download Entri.