It is very important to prepare a study plan and study accordingly. The planned study only helps candidates to complete the whole syllabus within the prescribed time. As the UPPSC Assistant Engineer exam has three-phased selection processes, it is important to prepare for both Prelims and Mains with equal importance. Here, aspirants can check the expected syllabus for UPPSC AE 2021 and get a study plan to cover the syllabus. So, go through the UPPSC AE Study Plan 2021.
UPPSC AE Study Plan 2021
Before the tips to make a study plan, aspirants can go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Get an idea regarding the topics to be covered before the examination.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for UPPSC AE 2021
UPPSC AE Exam consists of two phases and an interview.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode and will be Objective MCQs.
- The written test consists of different sections.
- Each section will have a different weightage.
Exam pattern 2021
|Subjects||Number of questions/ Marks||Duration|
Part 1: General Aptitude Test
|General Hindi||25/75||2 Hours|
Part I Engineering Subject
|Paper I||100||2 Hours|
Part II Traditional Subject
|Paper I||200||3 Hours|
UPPSC AE Paper I Syllabus
Paper I is will be having two sections- General Hindi and Main Subject (Paper I).
Paper I General Hindi
- Basics of Hindi language
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Indian Polity, Economy & Culture
- Current National and International Important Events
- Indian Agriculture, Commerce & Trade
- Population, Ecology & urbanization
- General Science
- Culture and traditions of Uttar Pradesh
- Elementary Mathematics Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry.
- History of India
- World Geography & Indian Geography & Natural Resources of India
- Indian National Movement
- Basic Arithematics and Logical Reasoning
Mains Subject Syllabus
|Papers||Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Agricultural Engineering|
|Paper 1||Structural Analysis
Strength of Materials
Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, And Structural Analysis
Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures
Structural Steel Design
Constructions Technology, Planning, and Management
Building Materials, Construction Technology, Planning, and Management
Geo-Technical Engineering and Foundation Engineering
Mechanism and Machines
Mechanics of Solids
Mechatronics and Robotics
Design of Machine Elements
|Networks and Systems
Elements of Electronics
Power System Analysis and Design
Elements of Electrical Machines
Elements of Electrical Machines
|Thermodynamics and Heat Engines
Heat and Mass Transfer
Process and Food Engineering
Storage and handling
Turbulent Flow Through Pipes
Open Channel Flow
Fluid Mechanics, Open Channel Flow, Hydraulic Machines and Hydropower Engineering (Fluid Mechanics)
Principles of Hydropower Development
Hydraulic Machines and Hydropower
Ground Water flow
Water collection & treatment
Solid waste management
Surveying, and Engineering Geology
|Microwaves and Communication systems
Electrical Engineering Materials
Elements of Microprocessors
Analog Communication basics
Power Electronics and Drives
Induction and special Machines
Power system protection and Switchgear
|Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics
Surveying and Leveling
Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
Irrigation & Drainage Engineering
Ground Water Hydrology and Tube well Engineering
UPPSC AE 2021 Study Plan
Candidates should schedule their Studies according to their branch of studies. The first and foremost step is to check the respective syllabus. Then make a proper UPPSC AE 2021 study plan. You can arrange the UPPSC AE preparation in Hindi/English as per your confidence in each subject with a proper UPPSC AE study plan in Hindi/English. Give more importance to the core subjects.
- During the first days of preparations, go through the General topics.
- Don’t sit more time during the earlier period, because you may be bored of preparation. So you can either opt for the basics of any subject.
- Try to increase your study time day by day. And at the peak of preparation, you will be studying for 10-15 hours minimum a day.
- Always, remember the competition will be high, as the notification has been delayed for this year.
- Cover the topics as planned regularly without breaks. Also, don’t jump between topics. This will make discontinuity.
- Attempt topic-wise or Paper wise mock tests. During preparing the study plan make a short plan according to the exam date.
- Refer to the best books and rely on online platforms like Entri to get updates on exams and also current affairs.
- Try to read the newspaper regulary. Also, can rely on Entri Current affairs capsule of Entri.
UPPSC AE 2021 Study Plan- Tips to Crack UPPSC AE
It is important to have exam strategies. The candidate should strictly adhere to the study plans.
Always revise the portions covered on the same day, and go through the portions to be covered on the next days. Make time to practice mock tests every day.
Go through maximum mock exams. Even though it is an offline exam, practice online tests to manage your time.
Previous question papers are a good source of questions, understand question patterns, mark distributions.
Lastly, relax your mind and stay calm.
Join Entri UPPSC courses-it is a one-point solution for you to get to the merit list.