Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the interview schedule for Civil Service Examination 2020 on 07 April 2021. The Personality Test will be held from 26th April 2021, Monday till 18th June 2021, Friday. Each day there will be two sessions i.e., in the forenoon at 9.00 AM and in the afternoon at 1.00 PM. Candidates who are qualified in UPSC Civil Service Mains can check the UPSC Civil Service Interview Date and session against their roll number, from the link is given in the article.
UPSC Civil Service Important Dates
|Exam conducting organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Prelims Exam Date||04th October 2020|
|Prelims Exam Result||23 October 2020|
|Mains Exam Date||08 January 2021 to 17 January 2021|
|Mains Exam Result||23rd March 2021|
|Interview Date||26 April 2021, Monday till 18 June 2021, Friday|
|Interview Result||Tentatively June last week|
UPSC Civil Service Interview Date
A total of 2046 candidates are qualified in UPSC IAS Mains Exam 2020. UPSC Civil Service Interview e-Summon Letters will be soon made available on UPSC websites – https://www.upsc.gov.in & https://www.upsconline.in. Also, note that no request for change in the date and time of the Personality Test (Interview) intimated to the candidates will ordinarily be entertained.
UPSC IAS Interview Venue – Office of the Union Public Service Commission at Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069.
Candidates can log in to the official website of UPSC. Home >> What’s New >> Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 >> Interview Schedule
Other Instructions regarding the UPSC Interview 2020:
Considering the current COVID 19 pandemic situation, the Competent Authority has decided to reimburse the lowest ‘to’ and ‘fro’ airfare for traveling by Air India or any other private Airlines to the outstation candidates for attending interviews/ PT boards subject to the following condition: –
- Opt for cheapest flight ticket under economy class among the airlines operating in the concerned sector immediately after downloading the e-summon letter;
- Book the air tickets either directly from the Airlines (Booking counters, websites) or through the travel agents authorized by the Deptt. of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance viz. Ashoka Tours & Travels, Balmer & Lawrie and IRCTC only;
- Air Tickets booked through Private travel agents viz. MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Goibibo, Ease My Trip, etc. will not be reimbursed;
- The nearest airport will be determined on the basis of the address given by the candidates in their Detailed Application Forms (DAFs).
- Bring hard copies of Air Tickets (To & fro journeys) showing the details of airfare along with Boarding Pass (For onward journey only) for reimbursement;
- Second/ Sleeper class train fare (Mail Express) will be reimbursed if the candidate performs their journey by Rail irrespective of Class in accordance with para 132 of the service rule.
Interview/Personality Test Pattern for UPSC
The Interview/Personality Test will carry 275 marks and there are no minimum qualifying marks.
The marks in the Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written part as well as Interview/Personality Test) would determine the final ranking. So, the Grand Total marks will be out of 2025(Sub Total (Written test)-1750 Marks + Personality Test- 275 Marks).
Candidates will be allotted to the various Services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and posts.
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of the candidate’s career. They will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The objective of the Interview/Personality Test is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers and intends to judge the mental caliber of a candidate.
Candidates are also supposed to be aware of the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own State or Country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should arouse the curiosity of well-educated youth.
Subscribe to Entri and know the updates regarding the UPSC Civil Service Interview Admit Card availability. Prepare well for the last phase of selection of the UPSC Civil Service Exam 2020. Best of luck with your preparations.