Table of Contents
Digital marketing provides channels to outreach customers, create brand reputation and helps in promoting sales and services. It requires firm planning, creativity, intelligence and other strategies. In order to grow in the wide spread digital channel, it is at most important to learn different tools and skills. A digital marketer has to work in accordance with policies of a company, which also depends on the goal of that particular organization or company. To make their work more efficient, a digital marketer should get trained with various tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Mailchimp, Zapier, Salesforce, Google Analytics etc. Discover the skills and responsibilities required for job in digital marketing. From SEO specialists to social media managers, uncover the exciting opportunities in this rapidly evolving field.
Job as a Digital Marketer
It’s the responsibility of a digital marketer to maintain healthy relations with the customers in the digital channels. They have to forecast the needs and demands of the audience by proper communication. Targeting your customers and collecting beneficial information regarding customer needs, priorities etc will help marketer in improving customer interactions and develops brand loyalty.
A digital marketer has to submit the reports after the analysis, to know what went wrong and what worked. By proper analysis you can acknowledge, from where your digital traffic approaches and where it goes, it will give you an idea about which keywords and photography are more impressive to the clients. Resolving these information will support in achieving successful outcomes.
Above all this, digital marketers evaluate the results of each digital channel to guarantee they are performing cohesively with each other and to ensure their working with other traditional marketing channels (print ads, trust programs, PR campaigns) to promote company’s desire.
The major responsibility of digital marketer includes planning, developing and executing business campaigns, analyzing data, building and managing online interface.
Scope and Demand for Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing is announced as the lively medium for product promotion and marketing.
- The companies of all sectors are much interested in investments in digital marketing services.
- A news article on Indian Express says that about 85% of marketers are pursuing their income generated through digital marketing, 50% of them outlined that e-marketing contributes more than 10% of their income.
- As per the Business Insider, India’s digital marketing industry is anticipated to reach $1 trillion by 2022.
- In 2018, about 69% of companies look for digital marketers. The demand list varies like; content creation 42%, digital advertising 45% and content policy 39%.
Digital Marketing – Job Responsibilities
The different role and duties assigned for digital marketers are tabulated below;
|1||Marketing Manager||Executes marketing campaigns, data analytics, creating and managing online interface|
|2||SEO Specialist||Drives traffic to a website, on page/off page SEO, initiates keyword research, manage service reports|
|3||Social Media Marketer||Increases customers engagement by promoting brands through social media platforms|
|4||Content Marketer||Creates high ranking contents, edit and optimizing of contents, drives organic traffic and builds connection through contents|
|5||Email Marketer||Invite for subscribing, sent mails for promotion of page, service and sales, generate leads|
|6||Inbound Marketer||Develop and executes policies to impress audience through contents|
|7||Data/Web Analyst||Making reports by using analytics tools|
Types of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO: the digital marketing system which increases traffic to a particular website by acquiring top rank in the search lists.
- Social Media Marketing: in this type of marketing system, a marketer uses a social media platform for interacting with customers. (Instagram, Facebook, Twitters and Youtube).
- Mobile Marketing: they are in game, app and location based, and marketing with SMS.
- Pay Per Click Marketing: it’s a promotion or sponsored advertising. Where the business owners pay for each click.
- Content Marketing: High quality contents are created to inspire the customers.
- Affiliate Marketing: in this type of marketing, one business enables other business owners to use their websites in promoting their sales and services.
Best Companies to Follow
Given below are list of companies that you can keep tracking to build your career as a digital marketer;
|Top Companies||Top Startups|
|Flipkart, Amazon, IBM, Axis bank, Capgemini, Accenture, Dell, Bajaj Allianz, Infosys, TCS, American Express, Cognizant||Ola, Paytm, Edureka, Booking.com, Makemytrip, Urbanclap, Zomato, Cashify, Airbnb|
Digital Marketing – Career Growth and Promotion
As a beginner, your position in that sector depends upon the size and style of that organization. Digital marketing is changing and improving constantly, so getting more experienced in this field will increase the chances of getting placed in senior roles. Although after two – five years of working in the junior sector, you will be promoted to other superior posts like marketing executive, coordinator, manager and more.
However once you obtain an account director position, he/she is responsible for managing accounts and marketing crusades. Regardless of this they have to train and observe junior members of the team.
Digital marketing offers flexible jobs and the demand for expertise in the digital field is increasing day by day. To get successful in this sector, one requires a lot of skills on tools and technology. Hope the information included in this article will benefit you in developing a good career.
|Steps to Become Digital Marketer||Digital Marketing Job Opportunities|
|Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing||Learn Digital Marketing at Home|
|Best Ways to Learn Digital Marketing||Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions|